d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Meanwhile, At The Other End
Prev1234518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 451.00
Jan 6 2017 04:08pm
Hmm...well there are a few differences that I notice here.

1, the white kids (to my knowledge) didn't film it, or say "fuck black people" or do nearly as fucked up shit to the victim as the black adults did (I mean, getting something put in your butt is pretty messed up but I think I would rather that happen to me then being forced to drink shit water and be tortured for four hours).

So...the white people have some stuff going for them.

1. Kids/high schoolers
2. No PROOF of a Hate crime
3. Didn't video tape it, so it is a bit harder to see just how fucked up whatever happened was.

These in general make this a lot less "bad" than what the four black adults did.

Do these morons still deserve to rot in prison for 5-10 years for being pieces of garbage? Absolutely. But I still don't think what they did was nearly as bad as what the torture people did.

I dunno, when I was in high school we definitely did some messed up shit to each other....some of which coulda definitely gotten us some jail time. Nothing like coat hangar rape but lots of hitting each other in the nuts, beating on each other in general, calling each other all sorts of shit, hell two guys took a piss in 1 dudes shoes as payback for something he did (I can't remember). Point being....a lot of this kinda stuff happens and it looks like these 3 pieces of shit were just a few steps too stupid/let it go way way way too far.

Again, I'd love to see them in prison for 5-10 years as felons, but I think the four black adults who tortured/drugged/filmed that white guy should rot in prison for 15-20+

Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 6 2017 04:15pm
Quote (Perseverance1 @ Jan 6 2017 04:08pm)
Hmm...well there are a few differences that I notice here.

1, the white kids (to my knowledge) didn't film it, or say "fuck black people" or do nearly as fucked up shit to the victim as the black adults did (I mean, getting something put in your butt is pretty messed up but I think I would rather that happen to me then being forced to drink shit water and be tortured for four hours).

So...the white people have some stuff going for them.

1. Kids/high schoolers
2. No PROOF of a Hate crime
3. Didn't video tape it, so it is a bit harder to see just how fucked up whatever happened was.

These in general make this a lot less "bad" than what the four black adults did.

Do these morons still deserve to rot in prison for 5-10 years for being pieces of garbage? Absolutely. But I still don't think what they did was nearly as bad as what the torture people did.

I dunno, when I was in high school we definitely did some messed up shit to each other....some of which coulda definitely gotten us some jail time. Nothing like coat hangar rape but lots of hitting each other in the nuts, beating on each other in general, calling each other all sorts of shit, hell two guys took a piss in 1 dudes shoes as payback for something he did (I can't remember). Point being....a lot of this kinda stuff happens and it looks like these 3 pieces of shit were just a few steps too stupid/let it go way way way too far.

Again, I'd love to see them in prison for 5-10 years as felons, but I think the four black adults who tortured/drugged/filmed that white guy should rot in prison for 15-20+

this is a good summary that i agree with
Gold: 40.42
Jan 6 2017 04:51pm
You forgot to add "They're white student athletes so even though they blatantly admitted what they did, they're going to get leniency to a degree that no minority ever would, irrespective of money."

I understand, it's a simple one to overlook. :P
Jan 6 2017 05:01pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jan 6 2017 03:51pm)
You forgot to add "They're white student athletes so even though they blatantly admitted what they did, they're going to get leniency to a degree that no minority ever would, irrespective of money."

I understand, it's a simple one to overlook. :P

There were two black student athletes on my football team in high school who were definitely the antagonists in a lot of the above behavior I talked about when I was growing up. Outside of the football bus/locker room they were pretty well liked (due to their skill in literally every sport they played).

Because of this, lots of stuff they did got 'overlooked'.

But of course that doesn't fit your narrative (trying to stir the pot so you can post more, because apparently 110,000 isn't enough).

Athletes are notorious for getting lenience. Is it because they are good at sports, or because there are people in positions of trust (coaches/athletic directors) who will vouch for them?

I really don't know, but acting like the reason they are likely getting a much lesser punishment is due to them being white, rather than the facts I already pointed out above is really just an example of a bored and lonely housewife trying really hard to start an argument over the internet.

This post was edited by Perseverance1 on Jan 6 2017 05:03pm
Jan 6 2017 05:29pm
Quote (Perseverance1 @ 6 Jan 2017 15:01)
There were two black student athletes on my football team in high school who were definitely the antagonists in a lot of the above behavior I talked about when I was growing up. Outside of the football bus/locker room they were pretty well liked (due to their skill in literally every sport they played).

Because of this, lots of stuff they did got 'overlooked'.

But of course that doesn't fit your narrative (trying to stir the pot so you can post more, because apparently 110,000 isn't enough).

Athletes are notorious for getting lenience. Is it because they are good at sports, or because there are people in positions of trust (coaches/athletic directors) who will vouch for them?

I really don't know, but acting like the reason they are likely getting a much lesser punishment is due to them being white, rather than the facts I already pointed out above is really just an example of a bored and lonely housewife trying really hard to start an argument over the internet.

That's a nice opinion you've got there.

Be a shame if something... happened to it.

http://fitnessforlife.org/AcuCustom/Sitename/Documents/DocumentItem/1726.pdf

Just another study by bored housewives, I guess. :(
Jan 6 2017 05:35pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jan 6 2017 04:29pm)
That's a nice opinion you've got there.

Be a shame if something... happened to it.

http://fitnessforlife.org/AcuCustom/Sitename/Documents/DocumentItem/1726.pdf

Just another study by bored housewives, I guess. :(

17 year old study, yeah nothing's changed at all socially since then. Not one bit.

Very relevant.
Jan 6 2017 05:38pm
Quote (Perseverance1 @ 6 Jan 2017 15:35)
17 year old study, yeah nothing's changed at all socially since then. Not one bit.

Very relevant.

I'm sorry, should I have shared anecdotes about a black guy I knew in High School, instead?
Gold: 1.69
Jan 6 2017 06:01pm
Huge difference here.
Jan 6 2017 06:01pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jan 6 2017 04:38pm)
I'm sorry, should I have shared anecdotes about a black guy I knew in High School, instead?

woulda been more relevant.

ur housewife game is gettin weak. Did you take a 6 hour break from the forums over the holidays and get rusty?
Jan 6 2017 06:03pm
Quote (Perseverance1 @ 6 Jan 2017 16:01)
woulda been more relevant.

ur housewife game is gettin weak. Did you take a 6 hour break from the forums over the holidays and get rusty?

Not half as weak as "The entire world has changed drastically in 17 years and so no sociological information from the year 2000 is relevant."

I mean, seriously, that's just straight up fucking pathetic.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll