d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Trump Won The Election
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 152.00
Jan 6 2017 12:41pm
Vice is the new MTV... sort of.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 6 2017 12:46pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 6 2017 01:32pm)
ya the programming today is bad but a lot of the old programming was just as bad with a different political spin. Pro pot, pro cop hating, pro establishment hating, anti mainstream education, etc. those are all sentiments i remember being around in 90s MTV. tack on to that the absolute glorification of party binge drinking and drug use.

catfish is fucking weird but i actually have no problem with that show, they're doing a public service.

The SJW shows are a bit icky but i only see it as a slight downward trajectory from where they've always been. It is the network that spawned Jackass and Beavis and Butthead afterall.

Aside from the music, which shows were cop hating? Of course MTV is going to be pro-pot and anti-establishment, I don't have a problem with that.

I have to wonder how many kids in middle school/high school still watch MTV.
Jan 6 2017 12:47pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 6 2017 01:40pm)
well not like called SJW's Rule the World or anything. but the programming has taken a serious turn in that direction. over inclusion of trans people (well over their occurrence in actual reality) would be a good example. but overall i was speaking to tone. but if you didn't see the latest white privilege PSA go watch it, you'll get a serious stiffy.

TBH I have no idea what is on MTV besides Catfish and Teen Mom. They did put out a documentary called "Being White", which is absolutely hysterical.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 6 2017 12:51pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 6 2017 12:46pm)
Aside from the music, which shows were cop hating? Of course MTV is going to be pro-pot and anti-establishment, I don't have a problem with that.

I have to wonder how many kids in middle school/high school still watch MTV.

well its a bit lopsided because the channel was like 50% music back then and it like 0% music now. the pot and establishment shit is understandable as is the binge drinking they just took it SO far. every real world show devolved into them only going out to bars and getting heckled and in fights. Jersey shore, enough said. real world road rules challenge is just a booze fueled orgy between beautiful half clothed people.

Some of the programming they have isn't awful actually, ridiculousness is just Tosh.0 without as many nasty clips. some of their dramas aren't to my taste but Teen Wolf isn't doing any harm i'd wager.

Quote (IceMage @ Jan 6 2017 12:47pm)
TBH I have no idea what is on MTV besides Catfish and Teen Mom. They did put out a documentary called "Being White", which is absolutely hysterical.

ya that documentary is sjw gold

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 6 2017 12:51pm
Gold: 2,004.41
Jan 6 2017 12:58pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 6 2017 12:51pm)
well its a bit lopsided because the channel was like 50% music back then and it like 0% music now. the pot and establishment shit is understandable as is the binge drinking they just took it SO far. every real world show devolved into them only going out to bars and getting heckled and in fights. Jersey shore, enough said. real world road rules challenge is just a booze fueled orgy between beautiful half clothed people.

Some of the programming they have isn't awful actually, ridiculousness is just Tosh.0 without as many nasty clips. some of their dramas aren't to my taste but Teen Wolf isn't doing any harm i'd wager.

also, some of the tv shows on MTV back then were still music related, like Beavis & Butthead, where they watched and commentated the music videos from their couch.
Jan 6 2017 01:00pm
Quote (Sakuraba @ Jan 6 2017 12:58pm)
also, some of the tv shows on MTV back then were still music related, like Beavis & Butthead, where they watched and commentated the music videos from their couch.

when i look back at the show TRL i laugh. i can't believe that so many people, myself included, watched for 2 hours a day to see 10 videos counted down with a brief celebrity appearance. Hosted by Carson fucking Daly no less.
Jan 6 2017 01:00pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 6 2017 01:51pm)

Well, MTV in our day was just music videos and debauchery on display... but I'll take that over catfishing, pregnant teens, and SJW videos.

Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 6 2017 02:00pm)
when i look back at the show TRL i laugh. i can't believe that so many people, myself included, watched for 2 hours a day to see 10 videos counted down with a brief celebrity appearance. Hosted by Carson fucking Daly no less.

Show was 10/10.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jan 6 2017 01:00pm
Jan 6 2017 01:03pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 6 2017 01:00pm)
Well, MTV in our day was just music videos and debauchery on display... but I'll take that over catfishing, pregnant teens, and SJW videos.

Show was 10/10.

lol i'd rather watch the old stuff as well, i just don't see a lot of difference in societal effect is all. teen mom is a show that IMO actually shows enough shitty stuff happening to those girls that its kind of a PSA. then again the girls make bank for being on the show and some go on to still have happy fine lives, which may undo a lot of the good.

i remember on TRL Korn's freak on a leash was at #1 forever, then the boy bands invaded and whatever blackstreet or nsync song that was hot would be #1 and #2
Gold: 78.16
Jan 6 2017 06:53pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 7 2017 04:09am)
I thought MTV had the definitive video version of why trump won the election

If you watched MTVs "New's Years Resolution For White Guy's" video, there's your reason.

This post was edited by lithfkn on Jan 6 2017 06:54pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll