d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Trump Won The Election
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2017 05:01am
This is the best example of why trump won the election

This is also part of the reason why I have always considered myself to be a independent in terms of political beliefs, never feeling I could get behind either the democratic or republican parties despite my political beliefs having a pretty significant lean towards the left in terms of policy. That being said the talking points coming from the democratic party's news sources in the recent years has been equally outlandish and in some case's far worse then that of the republicans in my perspective. I find myself agreeing more with republicans on many issues when I honestly shouldn't be and my political beliefs in terms of policies have not changed very much. When you make it impossible for people who think like I do to be able to support you, what you get is trump. Its funny trump was at first said to be the destruction of the republican party, instead he just exposed the hypocrisy that has been nurtured over the years with safe spaces and unwillingness to engage in civil discourse with the other end of the spectrum without labeling them a racist before they can clarify their statement or finish a sentence. Now that is the party seemingly self destructing as they continue to double down on these obviously foolish statements and accusations.

But seriously to dismiss this as "bad home training" Oh please, I had a terrible childhood and had no adult supervision for most of it, and I feel like I am empathetic to a fault and would never do some racist shit like this. Go fuck yourself I'm buying a ticket to the trump train.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jan 6 2017 06:00am
wtf is wrong with this guy?
Gold: 337.21
Jan 6 2017 06:36am
Quote (Repeated @ 6 Jan 2017 13:01)
. I find myself agreeing more with republicans

interesting. Is there now a political party in the US that honestly does what they portrait as their views?
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 6 2017 07:38am
Just kids being kids.

The reaction of the media is so predictable on this, especially people like Don Lemon who spends weeks and weeks covering anything with a racial component where a white person was the aggressor. Since Trump won my opinion of the media has gone down significantly.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jan 6 2017 07:41am
Gold: 119,903.34
Jan 6 2017 07:49am
CNN doesn't really care that Trump got elected or that the Democratic party lost. Their bias clearly leans left but at the end of the day, it's all about money.

CNN doesn't really care to have fair and honest commentators/analysts/reporters. What will get more viewership/subscriptions and ad revenue is shock factor media spin.

All the left bias media news companies do this and so do the conservative ones.

If Hilliary had won, the left would be circlejerking right now about how the GOP is dying and better get their shit together. And conservatives media would be going on about how the end of the world is near and Putin is about to drop bombs on the US or that Hilliary is going to invade Russia.

But all that really matters is money. People choose a political side and then go shock factor insane for the money.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 6 2017 08:10am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Jan 6 2017 07:49am)
CNN doesn't really care that Trump got elected or that the Democratic party lost. Their bias clearly leans left but at the end of the day, it's all about money.

CNN doesn't really care to have fair and honest commentators/analysts/reporters. What will get more viewership/subscriptions and ad revenue is shock factor media spin.

If Hilliary had won, the left would be circlejerking right now about how the GOP is dying and better get their shit together. And conservatives media would be going on about how the end of the world is near and Putin is about to drop bombs on the US or that Hilliary is going to invade Russia.

But all that really matters is money. People choose a political side and then go shock factor insane for the money.

This this 100x this. I've been a bit confused when people suggest that liberal media is not going to enjoy a Trump presidency. They are all taking out buying second houses as we speak in preparation for the massive checks to come the next 4 years.
Gold: 119,903.34
Jan 6 2017 08:13am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 6 2017 09:10am)
This this 100x this. I've been a bit confused when people suggest that liberal media is not going to enjoy a Trump presidency. They are all taking out buying second houses as we speak in preparation for the massive checks to come the next 4 years.

It's amazing how you look at crime statistics and other general statistics that can be used for how "safe" the world is and come to the conclusion things have gotten so much better in the last 25 years.

But tune into the media and you can be led to believe the world is going to end for sure and we are fucked.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 6 2017 08:15am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Jan 6 2017 08:13am)
It's amazing how you look at crime statistics and other general statistics that can be used for how "safe" the world is and come to the conclusion things have gotten so much better in the last 25 years.

But tune into the media and you can be led to believe the world is going to end for sure and we are fucked.

I had an aunt that literally didn't believe me that the world is becoming a far safer place. Her argument was purely "well just look at all the stuff going on, that didn't happen when i was a kid." She couldn't understand exposure as the real culprit, likely still doesn't to this day. It's sad when people form their opinions in echo chambers.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 6 2017 08:38am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Jan 6 2017 08:49am)

The people at the top care about ratings and will influence the coverage, but people like Don Lemon have a clear bias and this recent incident shows it. Fox News cares about ratings too, but clearly they have an ideological bent. During the election CNN did a pretty good job in the evenings as far as political coverage.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jan 6 2017 08:41am
Gold: 500.00
Jan 6 2017 08:56am
Welcome to the middle ground friend :thumbsup:

There aren't many of us independants left
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll