d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Versatile Summoner Guide > 1st guide. I love Necros. They Pwn.
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2007 05:29am
hm.. i'm making an summoner too..

i prefer coa, spirit 35 fcr, beast, pride on merc .. think will be much better.
May 25 2007 05:30am
Quote (lllllozllllll @ Fri, 25 May 2007, 01:30)
I don't know about using two aura-giving RWs on the merc.  I've experimented with mine (he's a nm offensive might merc), and it seems like the merc can only gain the effects of only one RW aura ontop of his own.

that is to say, basically:  on top of the merc's own innate aura, only one other aura can be utilized via Runeword.

I tried with pride/bramble.  When i equipped the bramble after equipping pride, i checked my character screen and the %dmg increase from pride went away - and stayed away, while the thorns and might were the only auras showing.

Anyway, i've browsed through lots of guides dealing w/ a2 merc auras and which RWs to use on them... and none of them seem to acknowledge what i found.  I'm wondering - am i wrong about the fact that a2 aura mercs can only gain the effects of 1 runeword aura at a time?

omg? that with the pride thingy.. it's because the last you equip will give the aura.. but when you leave game and join another it will show up thou..
May 25 2007 07:22am
Quote (SyGleft1 @ Fri, May 25 2007, 09:30pm)
I don't know about using two aura-giving RWs on the merc.  I've experimented with mine (he's a nm offensive might merc), and it seems like the merc can only gain the effects of only one RW aura ontop of his own.

that is to say, basically:  on top of the merc's own innate aura, only one other aura can be utilized via Runeword.

I tried with pride/bramble.  When i equipped the bramble after equipping pride, i checked my character screen and the %dmg increase from pride went away - and stayed away, while the thorns and might were the only auras showing.

Anyway, i've browsed through lots of guides dealing w/ a2 merc auras and which RWs to use on them... and none of them seem to acknowledge what i found.  I'm wondering - am i wrong about the fact that a2 aura mercs can only gain the effects of 1 runeword aura at a time?

omg? that with the pride thingy.. it's because the last you equip will give the aura.. but when you leave game and join another it will show up thou..

Vouch, just hire merc then rejoin game, all auras will be active, they'll cycle through one another like multiple auras normally do, but all will be active.
Warn: 20%
May 25 2007 07:24am
crap build
Gold: 8,838.00
May 25 2007 08:08am
i have to say i made a summonmancer for pvm and this is what i use and i can do any part of the game easy and fast.. once i ahve a fucking army lol.

my gear:
shako
mara
eni
soj + 10%fcr/mana ring i use: (10%fcr/9life/72mana/19LR/14PR)
arach
marrowalks
magefist
beast
boneflame
cta6
eth spirit for bo (10 low str req)
inventory:
torch
anni
summon skillers (so i have 8 boxies free at end)
all res sc

merc:
offincive might merc
with pride.

skills: max skele mastery, skele warrior, skele mage, fire golum (max clay golum is best if u want to do pvp, i like fire for cool aruas and he does ok dmg too)
1 point in all other summon skills, so u get res rivive etc. 1 point in clay golum with all the gear i stated gives a nice clay golum that is unkillable in hell 14klife pre bo i htink.

1 point in all curses up to decrep. I use AD in game usualy.. but its nice to have lower res for some pvp or when u summon 24 souls with your 16 mages smile.gif decrep is also a nice one to have vs fast enemys so u dont have to unsommon your fire golum for clay.. or just for fun on pvp.

1 point in bonearmor, all remaining points in bonewall (bonewall gives 5% more armor per lvl then bonearmor itself.. so its better to put remaining points into wall then armor)

end result,
I hit the 11frames - 48%fcr (125%fcr and 9frames is fastiest)
I have 61/61/75/75 all res ( I have a really shit anny lol)
2.4k life 880 mana (no life from inventory ohmy.gif)
minions:
lvl 44 fire golum: 1.3k dmg, aura dmg 119, 5.9k life before bo.
16x lvl 43 mages
16x lvl 43 warriors
24x lvl 24 revives
lvl 45 skele mastery
285 dmg abs from armor lol
3 aruas: fenatisism, might and concentration for ias and dmg.
most items were self found I spent a few fg on hrs when they cost like 2fg each I think i spent maybe 30fg in all the rest was self found items.

anyways I rate my set up as it gives nice res, life alot of minions and dmg and fcr which is importent for teleing otherwise u get totaly whiped.
Gold: 8,838.00
May 25 2007 08:13am
another thing. anything other then a beast on a summonmancer is terrable, hoto/doom/LW. and u must and i mean MUST have a cta on switch, importent! do not have more skills on main wepons then on cta switch or u loose minions when u switch back after bo.! thus u want a wep that gives class bonuses but doest not give u skills so u have as meany skills on switch as on main wep.. that another reason to go for a beast.

beast + 3 skill sheald (boneflame/darkforce) = 3 skills
cta + spirit = 3 skills
thus u dont loose minions on switch back.
Gold: 13,625.00
May 25 2007 01:21pm
Quote (JoShoeWah @ Fri, May 25 2007, 01:22pm)
Quote (SyGleft1 @ Fri, May 25 2007, 09:30pm)

Vouch, just hire merc then rejoin game, all auras will be active, they'll cycle through one another like multiple auras normally do, but all will be active.

Thnx for clearing things up, guys. I've been using ebug COH in place of bramble, for the + skills to merc's innate aura. Will definitely try out the rejoining w/ 2 RWs thing when I get home from work tonight. happy.gif
Gold: 301.00
May 25 2007 01:28pm
some information is wrong here..

for example mage is more important then warrior and thats why you should stat lower res

secondly a beast war axe is better then a last wish, doom is a pretty bad choice because the freeze wont help if you tele directly on them, they wont beable to move anyway

i did not read whole guide, im sure this is more ive missed
Gold: 16.00
May 25 2007 09:00pm
Last Wish is more for if you use the prayer merc. I chose it because it gives the might aura. I see the advantages of fanat over might. Like i said, im not very good on the gear part of this. One thing im thinking though. Unless you need constant mana replenishment, you should go with a pride merc weap instead of insight and have insight in stash just in case.
Gold: 89.00
May 25 2007 09:17pm
merc: dream, bramble, pride
urself: beast 3 summon dfs, cta spirit, use like nigma 2/20 helm arachs sojs insight IG travs meh... and use a zon torch cause funny if u dotn get the joke here..
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll