d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends > Descent Into Madness > A Story Of Love, Hope And Disappointment
Prev123419Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Jan 1 2017 08:54pm

First loss, was bound to happen sooner or later. Did not win lane as hard as I could and should have, and as such had to use ult to equalize my lane, meaning I couldn't rotate top or bot as early as I would have liked to stop the hemorrhaging in those lanes. Jax picked up a pair of early deaths to Shaco, which was very detrimental to our safety. We were still in position to win the game, but I just didn't find enough spaces to go in for solo kills. Maybe that's on me for not being aggressive enough against single targets. Maybe that's on me for not having better map awareness and pre-warding more to know when people are alone.

Can't help but feel responsible for this one due to my lack of dominance mid against this Kat and subsequent lack of help given to bot lane. Also, some item mistakes--meant to go hourglass before hat but just went into auto-buy braindead mode and bought the wrong stuff. Might've been the difference between a few deaths and living, which could have had a broader impact on the game. Or maybe we just lost because Sona was awful.

Overall: 2-1

Mid: 2-1
Jungle: 0-0
Support: 0-0
Top: 0-0
ADC: 0-0
Jan 1 2017 08:56pm
Quote (Joe @ Jan 1 2017 07:19pm)
ahri isnt really a top pick in the meta

if you are looking for mids try

Syndra
Viktor
Cassiopeia
Orianna
Jayce
Ryze (he's been reworked a few times, so he's not like before)

My understanding is that Jayce is a counterpick and Ryze is a top. Syndra, Viktor, and Cass are common, from what I understand, but I've seen more tier lists mention Ahri, LB, Lux, and Kat than those 3. But I could be wrong, and strangers on the internet often give strange advice.

Quote (HEAVENSHAKINGSWORD @ Jan 1 2017 07:28pm)
picked a pretty awful time to play again

Has there ever been a good time to play, except pre-ranked?
Gold: 500.00
Jan 1 2017 09:04pm
Quote (Joe @ Jan 1 2017 09:23pm)
also that lee's build in the first game is.... questionable to say the least

think the last time he played it might've been long sword start for jg by the looks of it
Gold: 189.20
Jan 1 2017 10:28pm
hey welcome back
Gold: 42.00
Jan 1 2017 10:32pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jan 1 2017 08:56pm)
My understanding is that Jayce is a counterpick and Ryze is a top. Syndra, Viktor, and Cass are common, from what I understand, but I've seen more tier lists mention Ahri, LB, Lux, and Kat than those 3. But I could be wrong, and strangers on the internet often give strange advice.

Has there ever been a good time to play, except pre-ranked?

before bruiser meta the game was kind of fun, and last year it was alright before this season
Jan 6 2017 12:54pm
Pretty sad defeat here. Like herding cats, I swear.

So in picks, we saw Naut Morg Shco as the first 3...which made me think "Oh, it's a Morgana mid Naut support, I should pick greedy to punish them." So I picked Karthus.

Turns out it was Yasuo mid and I had to play really passive, but the Shaco didn't get any ganks on my lane due to decent positioning and lane control + backing instead of pushing and farming deep in the lane. Still kept up with farm decently; made a few mistakes with greed on jungle camps and lost my tower early but not before I had 4 kills.

This Rammus was...almost as bad as having an AFK. Really terrible decisions, no quality ganks, missed taunts (HOW?) constantly. Complained loudly when I did wolves, never gave blue (not that I asked for it or needed it, but still). Despite having kills early, we had no map control because nobody wanted to play for objectives after frags. So we were massively behind on farm potential and global gold. Rammus kept staying in when the rest of the team left and Taric would have to go die to save him...just fucking impossible to get these people to listen to reason. Every call I made worked, every time we lost 2-3 to stupidity I'd pinged out the rotations...

Hard to lose one of those few games where you're really on point. If I had realized it was Naut top I could've picked a different mid with earlier activation time and maybe snowballed harder.

Overall: 2-2

Mid: 2-2
Jan 6 2017 01:42pm
Salt's real. I'm somewhere in Silver ATM, I can feel it xD

Syndra got 4 early kills by roaming bot and getting 2x double kills (I also died to her once, being stupid and careless). She didn't buy boots until like 20 minutes or so, and despite her being fed and having no boots and often no flash, Eve ganked mid...1 time...at level 2. Syndra pushed both towers early (because she can 100-0 me with a naked ult when she's 5-1, I don't have to experience that to know it), and despite me getting a few roaming kills we were just...incapable of doing anything. The Sona's move speed kept us from engaging with our relatively short range, Cait dc'd for like 10 minutes, Eve didn't sit on mid's nuts...Trundle never grouped...like, just fundamental issues with the skill of the players in this game. I'm not blameless or perfect, but at some point you have to hold your team partially responsible for these losses. I missed a few frags (like, 2-3 throughout the first ~25 minutes) that might've springboarded me into a better position, but I think I just have to be more active in warding more than anything. Even with that, Syndra was huge. Better hourglass use, better mechanical execution, and better warding are my big takeaways from this.

Down we go!

Overall: 2-3

Mid: 2-3
Jan 10 2017 05:33pm
Not much to say here. All 3 lanes folded hard as fuck.

Overall: 2-4

Mid: 2-3
Jungle: 0-1
Jan 10 2017 06:19pm

Welp, this one's on me. Didn't play safe enough vs their jungler--focused too hard on trying to pick up frags 1v1 on the mid laner and exposed myself to Vi's ganks too frequently. Ez got big but Nasus and Zac didn't provide enough frontline for us to safely fight into their damage.

Overall: 2-5

Mid: 2-4
Jan 10 2017 07:16pm
Finally a fucking win

Got behind when Kat picked up a cool 5 frags bot lane, but kept our heads and I just kept ulting her every fight, so we won. Major props to Cho and Wu for getting some amazingly clutch knock ups to prevent her Zhonyas.

Overall: 3-5

Mid: 3-4
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
Prev123419Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll