d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Cannabis: A Therapeutical Approach > Let's See What You Think
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 307.59
Dec 30 2016 09:04am
I've been smoking weed for a long time, and had a few tricks in order to turn my recreational use into a therapeutic one that I'd like to share.

As far as you know, there's plenty of chemical compounds in weed, and it's mostly consumed by combustion into rolling cigars. At least that's what I used to do before.

As time went by, I had a few injuries and health issues that had to be treated with scheduled legal drugs: tramadol, diazepan, stron NSAIDs, etc. Of course I already heard about the therapeutic uses of weed, but had no clue about how to take profit on them while consuming weed by combustion, so I got myself a vaporizer.

I'll try to explain why:
You have different adjustable temperatures (320F/160C-380F/193C-420F/215C) regarding what you wanna get out of it, but it's not the point of this post.
I got tired of high thc strains so I went for high cbd low thc strains, with at least, a 3:1 ratio.

I got myself a fresh just harved CBD Yummy, so we did the harvest 10 days after it was required so THC could go through oxidation processes and turn into CBN, in order to maximize the therapeutic effect. In lab results showed a 6% cbd and 2% thc, but came to no conclusions with cbn (probably around 1.5%)
Note: you can also left the weed into curing process but be sure to oxygenate it almost every day for at least 30 days if you wanna put it into a crystal glass.

The differences between smoking this strain and smoking, for example, a Gorilla Glue #4 rolled in a joint are quite exaggerated, so I'll try to shorten them up:
- You won't feel high at all, as far as the THC is almost non-existant.
- Analgesic and muscle relaxant effects are maximized.
- It won't really help you out to sleep unless it has a high CBN %, but it's being studied its effect on circadian rythms when smoked during the day, cause it's been proved that if affects your awareness or arousal (different than anxiogenic).
- You can also vape other weeds with a more imbalanced ratio of thc:cbd (1:1) in order to help sleep issues when smoked in night time.

I also heard that it's less harmful for lungs and memory functions, so it's a win and win decision.

Anyway that's my personal review based on months of self research, but sure you guys have different approaches or points of view.

So, what do you guys think about therapeutic uses for weed?

This post was edited by LordSinfriends on Dec 30 2016 09:22am
Gold: 0.00
Dec 30 2016 09:24am
I'm all for it. I'm a bit busy at work and sort of just browsing but I'll elaborate a bit later. CBD is the way you wanna go if you have legitimate ailments to remedy. I think my brother (who grows Blue Dream for OHSU in Portland, OR) called CBD tincture Rick Simpson oil. I haven't done a lot of research into who that is, but I would guess some sort of marijuana pioneer.

I love getting high myself, just for recreation. I think there is a big source of untapped potential with it on the other end of the spectrum though. I've never needed it to cure anything besides nausea, so I really have no personal experience in that fashion.

One thing I'm curious on is how much of a difference vaporizing it versus normal smoking would have on the respiratory system.

For me, I know my lung capacity has significantly diminished over time due to smoking marijuana. That being said, I'm only going to live once and I like getting baked.
Dec 30 2016 09:26am
Quote (Anton24 @ Dec 30 2016 04:24pm)
I'm all for it. I'm a bit busy at work and sort of just browsing but I'll elaborate a bit later. CBD is the way you wanna go if you have legitimate ailments to remedy. I think my brother (who grows Blue Dream for OHSU in Portland, OR) called CBD tincture Rick Simpson oil. I haven't done a lot of research into who that is, but I would guess some sort of marijuana pioneer.

I love getting high myself, just for recreation. I think there is a big source of untapped potential with it on the other end of the spectrum though. I've never needed it to cure anything besides nausea, so I really have no personal experience in that fashion.

One thing I'm curious on is how much of a difference vaporizing it versus normal smoking would have on the respiratory system.

For me, I know my lung capacity has significantly diminished over time due to smoking marijuana. That being said, I'm only going to live once and I like getting baked.

Oh jesus god rick simpson cbd... I'm just not sure if I can vape it with 420°F or 215°C, guess the bho needs more temperature :(
Gold: 0.00
Dec 30 2016 09:37am
Quote (LordSinfriends @ Dec 30 2016 08:26am)
Oh jesus god rick simpson cbd... I'm just not sure if I can vape it with 420°F or 215°C, guess the bho needs more temperature :(

Yeah, a good family friend of my mom has Parkinson's and has been using marijuana tinctures for about a decade now. Just texted my brother haha. He said it's more for direct application as in like a tincture. I asked him if he ever vaped it and he said no, but it would probably do quite the trick.
Dec 30 2016 09:43am
Quote (Anton24 @ Dec 30 2016 04:37pm)
Yeah, a good family friend of my mom has Parkinson's and has been using marijuana tinctures for about a decade now. Just texted my brother haha. He said it's more for direct application as in like a tincture. I asked him if he ever vaped it and he said no, but it would probably do quite the trick.

Just googled a few articles and found out that

Around 380-420°F can vape BHO oil, but you'll need an specific sponge in order not to filter the oil inside of the vaporizer.

And yes, my grandfather also has Parkinson but says he doesn't wanna try tinctures. I'll just get him one next time I see him and I'll explain him the therapeutical effects in case he changes his mind.

Nice to talk to you!
Gold: 40.64
Dec 30 2016 10:11am
I think the side effects of whole-plant cannabis is too often overlooked or not understood. I think people should carefully consider the negatives that come with cannabis and seek a healthier alternative if available. THC in particular is problematic and should be used with caution.
Dec 30 2016 10:23am
Quote (NatureNames @ Dec 30 2016 05:11pm)
I think the side effects of whole-plant cannabis is too often overlooked or not understood. I think people should carefully consider the negatives that come with cannabis and seek a healthier alternative if available. THC in particular is problematic and should be used with caution.

As you said, it has plenty of side effects.

It has been demonstrated that using weed while the brain is still unmature might lead to long term consequences as: lower IQ (from 5 to 10 points than average), worst long term memory, impulse control issues, etc.

But it hasn't been demonstrated that this results could have a direct link with weed consumption, as far as those were longitudinal studies with a poor control of environmental variables.
They didn't even control the type of weed the used, not how thet used it
But I'll go with my own experiencie!

I definitely discourage anyone to smoke cannabis under this circunstances:

- Emotional and or relational issues (low mood, family or couple problems, etc.)
- Sustainable stressful situations. This might lead to uninhibition and/or unconcern and disregard.
- Aboulic or anhedonic states. It will help you short term but chronify the biochemical imbalancement in homeostasis.
- While studying. I might be a genius but not everyone can afford to learn something while high.

And I'm sure there's several points I'm missing out.

But IF YOU CONTROL those states and your compsuntion, weed won't be that negative. And I'm talking about weed vs tramadol + diazepan + NSAIDs for the same therapeutic outcome.

This post was edited by LordSinfriends on Dec 30 2016 10:23am
Dec 31 2016 08:31am
Gold: 16,240.00
Jan 2 2017 10:00am
yes weed can get you high
and vaping is good too ofc

not sure about all this therapeutic stuff looks like your just after a benzo high
Gold: 17,400.00
Jan 2 2017 02:20pm
although the long term effects of marijuana is not yet determined. im sure there are mild ones no doubt like decreased lung capacity and maybe slower reaction time etc. not many people think about all the prescription drugs which eventually destroy your liver/intestines over time. alot of these prescribed drugs are equal to narcotic lvl drugs and are highly addictive. not to mention alcohol which is nearly sold in every store these days is one of the worst things out there for you. so out of all those things marijuana is the far lesser of 2 evils and can potentially replace 20 prescribed drugs. id rather smoke a dube anyday over becoming a pill popper or alcoholic.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll