d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Portioning Items
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.60
Dec 6 2016 11:43am
this might be a newbish question but its been bugging me for some time...

say I have 40 of whatever and want to send 10 of that to someone or put some in the bank to use on another char...if I move it it always moves the whole pile...if anyone can help i'd be greatly appreciated
Gold: 208,274.67
Dec 6 2016 01:39pm
Hold alt while moving it across your inventory to split a stack up in whichever amount you want.
Gold: 0.60
Dec 7 2016 08:17am
Quote (eekzie @ Dec 6 2016 09:39pm)
Hold alt while moving it across your inventory to split a stack up in whichever amount you want.

thanks, I knew I must have missed something!

I know this is not the topic of the thread but before I create a new one...are there any helper sites with crafting? for example with cooking I often try out all the possibilities, but things to cook dont give me experience anymore and I cant cook anything else because of my low crafting lvl. How do I know which things to gather/buy so I can make progress?

Also my material storage is very full. So far I always sell raw materials which cant be stored anymore in the lionshop for quite some good cash but I would prefer to "use" the materials. For me this is iron mithrill and almost all types of logs and wood and also bloodstone dust from which I get a ton at pvp

I try to have all professions on my account so I always take 2 different ones with a new char. does that make sense or is it better to concentrate on some?

One more thing is the mystic forge...my bank is filled with certain items and stones and what not which can be all apperantly used in the mystic forge...to what end? ^^

sorry for all those questions but it seems every mmo has some mechanics more hidden then others :)
Gold: 1,272.08
Dec 8 2016 01:46am
Google a guide for cooking, I did that and got to max level on I forgot what. and I had never crafted
Gold: 18,256.01
Dec 9 2016 07:20pm
are there any helper sites with crafting?

google gw2 cooking crafting guide

Also my material storage is very full. So far I always sell raw materials which cant be stored anymore in the lionshop for quite some good cash but I would prefer to "use" the materials. For me this is iron mithrill and almost all types of logs and wood and also bloodstone dust from which I get a ton at pvp

ore and wood should be saved if you plan on crafting because all crafting disciplines require a LOT of it. after you hit the max amount in the material bank tab then you'll have to store them in the regular bank tabs or keep them in inventory.

I try to have all professions on my account so I always take 2 different ones with a new char. does that make sense or is it better to concentrate on some?

crafting levels are not shared across the account. different disciplines allow you to craft everything. some classes can wear items crafted from 3 or more so do 2 different ones on each character until you have them all.
you can always change them by talking to the craftsmen npcs. you could level all of them on 1 character but you would have to switch every time you wanted to craft something but its annoying and 50 silver adds up over time.

One more thing is the mystic forge...my bank is filled with certain items and stones and what not which can be all apperantly used in the mystic forge...to what end? ^^

look up each item on the wiki and it should tell you the recipes. (ingame type /wiki itemname)
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll