d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Just Lost An Item > 100% Sure That I Did Not Shrine It
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,516.02
Dec 30 2016 05:09pm
Quote (sp_patl @ Dec 30 2016 02:42pm)
Okay Guys . now the exact same thing happened to me as i am ill, sitting home and my back hurts, so i left the computer and went to bed. i bought myself an iphone7 last week and thought why not lets give it a try. Cant happen too much on the muter right ?
Bingo

Using Safari, i think the newest one as i dont get updates.

It was quite hard to resize windows and close the not needed ones. I had a feeling when i tried to close my inventory i clicked trough that window and clicking icons in town as other windows opened or i was standing in catacombs all of a sudden.

figuring out that looks quite annoying and more inportantly dangerous i logged off and went back to the computer. I did not mute or do anything else when trying to setup . this is the picture i got on my first relog on my computer. Every muter / skiller knows the itemlocation is the same as you left it as long you dont switch ees/ml gear and it is also saved in the local browser (opera for me)

http://image.prntscr.com/image/8d90a59f5ba64a98a09934fc3d1d1d37.png

Lost items : 3

55 axe random(mute base) which is normally sitting in the blank spot ; 2nd row 3rd item
50 wild heal 11 ees which is normally sitting in the blank spot ; 1st row 3rd item
40 plate 9ees which is normally sitting in the blank spot ; 1st row 2nd item

I think im playing / skilling this long enough to know what i am doing ( exept for the mobile part ) but im quite sure something went wrong in safari

Quote (sp_patl @ Dec 30 2016 03:01pm)
well i have to update here. i made a screenshot on the phone when i was finally done " resizing " and because i wanted to show that extra icon on the top, for the chat to a guildie.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/212a4478befd42ba9278346637d80d67.png

as you can see there it seems this items were not even loaded into safari . maybe it helps to fix the problem

it was the first time for me to log in on the phone thats why the muteables are in no particular order, that would have beed saved on my safari i suppose.

also its interesting why is there those free spots ? im sure i did NOT shrine them while resizing. i have seen 12/20 since the beginning , but wasnt paying attention too much that it should be 15/20

Thank you for posting and sorry for your losses. At least these weren't irreplaceable but it's still unfortunate that they are gone...
But this helps a lot to figure out the problem IMO. So taking the 2nd post into account it looks like the items were either removed from existence upon logging in on Safari (on iPhone) or else they were invisible (visual bug) based on the screenshot you took (12/20 with empty spaces).

I'd like to point out something that I've noticed while on phone--item positions are not the same between the browsers. So if I had to guess, these slots probably correspond to the same absolute item location, even if they are in different positions in the browser and thus screenshots.

Just to eliminate possibilities that others have suggested up to this point, did you fill up your inventory with items to make sure that the items lost were not simply visually bugged and those slots cannot be filled? (It has never happened to me that visually bugged items did not reappear after relogging into the character, but I'd just like to make sure).
Assuming that isn't the case, I guess we have preliminary evidence to suggest that [at least one cause of] the problem is Safari browser, or iPhone, or both. I'm not sure about the other people that lost items though, so I'll have to double check with the others.

For now, until/unless Paul can further narrow this down and fix this, I guess we should issue a general warning:

If you are planning to access one of your LS characters on iPhone / Safari browser, first set up your character on your computer so that it only contains items you can afford to lose

Since I lost my heal because of this, I now only mute on phone wearing these:

rusted dagger
Damage: 13 to 24

tattered robe
Physical Defense: 0 to 3
Magical Defense: 4 to 13

Mystical wild heal XIV
Level Req: 55
Heals: 31 to 319
Mana Cost: 109

+4 Vitality
+6 Extra Equipment Slots
+2% Power Shot

Thank you guys for helping with this... If anyone has anything to add, please post it!

This post was edited by BWConformity on Dec 30 2016 05:12pm
Gold: 603.75
Dec 30 2016 05:46pm
Hm, I don't think Safari itself is bugged like that via the comp. It's all I ever use ^_^ but yea ofc through the phone is a death trap when you can be killing mobs in cata and next thing you know, you have an item about to be shrined in town through an overlapping window. o.O

no bueno :wallbash:

not saying you guys shrined them, but just saying how the phone is all bugged out in general. (Also an iPhone user, but play from my MacBook everyday and don't experience any of the same issues as I do from my phone)
Gold: 70,568.31
Dec 30 2016 09:15pm
the items were not visually bugged for me , this is a rare ingame bug i call "ghost items" that does barely accur by picking items from cata or vault , none of them i have done on the phone. also these visible bug is just ingame. you can always see all items on jsp profile . So this was not the case. Also i cannot really imagine 3 items at once to have that bug.

I am not sure what happened. i literally just prepared the char on the computer - logged in on mobile and the items were gone.

I was not able to find the itemlogs yet but im pretty sure i bought that 11ML 50 wild for around 3-400 a few years ago and i think we found that 9ees 50 chain ( yes 50 i have to adjust here) , so it probably has no itemlog

when trying to reproduce on chars with minor gear i failed yet. i added items and retryed , no success.
Maybe you guys have ideas on how or what to test to repoduce ? any hint would be helpful, thank you

This post was edited by sp_patl on Dec 30 2016 09:20pm
Gold: 464,105.17
Dec 31 2016 12:04am
Quote (sp_patl @ Dec 30 2016 10:15pm)
the items were not visually bugged for me , this is a rare ingame bug i call "ghost items" that does barely accur by picking items from cata or vault , none of them i have done on the phone. also these visible bug is just ingame. you can always see all items on jsp profile . So this was not the case. Also i cannot really imagine 3 items at once to have that bug.

I am not sure what happened. i literally just prepared the char on the computer - logged in on mobile and the items were gone.

I was not able to find the itemlogs yet but im pretty sure i bought that 11ML 50 wild for around 3-400 a few years ago and i think we found that 9ees 50 chain ( yes 50 i have to adjust here) , so it probably has no itemlog

when trying to reproduce on chars with minor gear i failed yet. i added items and retryed , no success.
Maybe you guys have ideas on how or what to test to repoduce ? any hint would be helpful, thank you

if you're trying to scam paul atleast do it for 200ee items ;)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll