d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Duffington Post > Bringing You Real News
Prev145678528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Nov 16 2016 06:41pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Nov 16 2016 06:53pm)
I've had to disable seeing posts from one of my otherwise mature friends. We had a discussion on Wednesday night after the election and he was fairly distraught about the results. I made some fairly compelling statements and arguments with historical backing as to why this wasn't the end of the world. I made some comments about how to move forward in dealing with Trump supporters, Trump administration, and racists/bigots in general--something to the effect of "Hatred will only spawn more hatred. You need to fight hatred with love." Then I shared a nice personal story about a time I accomplished that.

Next time I log on Facebook, I'm greeted with this gem:

10/10, would be passive aggressive again. At least have the balls to call me out, I'd have had some respect if he wanted to continue the discourse. But if you can't even do that, and you resort to raging about a message of love and compassion on the interwebs to score cool points with the other SJW's? Your mentality is why this nation is so shitty right now.

Thanks for sharing.

I'd have probably asked him to identify who Donald Trump is going to oppress, because about the only group that is for sure getting his attention so far, it's illegal aliens who also happen to be criminals (aside from sneaking into the country).
Gold: Locked
Nov 16 2016 07:22pm
Quote (Santara @ Nov 16 2016 05:41pm)
Thanks for sharing.

I'd have probably asked him to identify who Donald Trump is going to oppress, because about the only group that is for sure getting his attention so far, it's illegal aliens who also happen to be criminals (aside from sneaking into the country).

I mean, Trump has been fairly belligerent towards women, Muslims, tired people, and essentially everyone else in between.
Gold: 285.00
Nov 16 2016 07:24pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Nov 16 2016 11:17am)
Yeah, your generation really fucked us.

Generation X hasn't taken the reins yet.
Gold: 8,933.00
Nov 16 2016 07:30pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Nov 16 2016 08:22pm)
I mean, Trump has been fairly belligerent towards women, Muslims, tired people, and essentially everyone else in between.

Being bellicose =/= being ready to oppress people. We're talking policy here, because that's what the president is at the end of the day: his policy. What policy(ies) does he support that is(are) going to oppress people? That's the question to ask.
Gold: Locked
Nov 16 2016 07:41pm
Quote (Santara @ Nov 16 2016 06:30pm)
Being bellicose =/= being ready to oppress people. We're talking policy here, because that's what the president is at the end of the day: his policy. What policy(ies) does he support that is(are) going to oppress people? That's the question to ask.

What policies has Trump stated? How will those policies have REAL impact on the world? We won't know until he takes office. Had an excellent conversation with another friend about Terry Searches and the Arizona deportation laws. Things that are designed to be targeted towards illegals can very easily spill over to racism. With Trump's talk of illegals, I just hope our LEGAL ex-Canadians remain unmolested.

In all seriousness, he's an individual with whom I no longer want to engage in discourse with. This isn't the first time he's done this (last time was about BLM) so I'm just gonna smile and nod when politics come up. There comes a point when being right isn't worth a friendship.
Gold: 500.00
Nov 17 2016 12:14am
A women's college has taken the bold progressive step of advancing their hatred of white males to targeting members of the LGBT community who make the mistake of identifying as a white male.

The students have decided that while a white woman may have been qualified for a figurehead role in managing multicultural affairs, a white woman who now identifies as a white man is debauching the whole idea of multiculturalism and diversity and it is simply not acceptable.

Safe to say these students have accepted this transgendered woman as a man to an unprecedented degree ^_^

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/390425/students-transgender-woman-cant-be-diversity-officer-because-shes-white-man-now

A student who was born female felt perfectly comfortable identifying as a man at Wellesley College — until people said he shouldn’t be class diversity officer because he is now a white male. Timothy Boatwright was born a girl, and checked off the “female” box when applying to the Massachusetts all-women’s school, according to an article in the New York Times.

But when he got there, he introduced himself as a “masculine-of-center genderqueer” person named “Timothy” (the name he picked for himself) and asked them to use male pronouns when referring to him. And, by all accounts, Boatwright felt welcome on campus — until the day he announced that he wanted to run for the school’s office of multicultural affairs coordinator, whose job is to promote a “culture of diversity” on campus.

But some students thought that allowing Boatwright to have the position would just perpetuate patriarchy. They were so opposed, in fact, that when the other three candidates (all women of color) dropped out, they started an anonymous Facebook campaign encouraging people not to vote at all to keep him from winning the position. “I thought he’d do a perfectly fine job, but it just felt inappropriate to have a white man there,” the student behind the so-called “Campaign to Abstain” said.

This post was edited by duffman316 on Nov 17 2016 12:14am
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Nov 17 2016 12:19am
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 16 2016 09:54pm)
Generation X hasn't taken the reins yet.

A forgotten generation taking control sounds like an oxymoron
Gold: 285.00
Nov 17 2016 06:01am
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ Nov 17 2016 01:19am)
A forgotten generation taking control sounds like an oxymoron

We just aren't attention seeking whores like the Free love generation nor are we unique snowflakes like you guys and your everybody is a safe space mentality.
Gold: 500.00
Nov 19 2016 01:52am
in the latest hip hop news, it appears that white people have earned a new definition :o

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=white%20people
Gold: 260.11
Nov 19 2016 02:01am
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 17 2016 06:01am)
We just aren't attention seeking whores like the Free love generation nor are we unique snowflakes like you guys and your everybody is a safe space mentality.

Everybody does need a safe space though.

That place is called "home" or "my apartment" or "my house". I wish people would understand that unless you own the property, or went through the proper channels to rent the space, you can't set up a "safe space" there. Otherwise you end up with shit like Mizzou.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Nov 19 2016 02:02am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev145678528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll