d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Was Elected Because Of The Left
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 11 2016 04:25pm
The left got Trump elected.

That's why the polls were wrong, everyone afraid to admit they're voting Trump. Because of the attacks on free speech and more importantly freedom of discussion are coming from the left. You can't have a discussion about racism, gender issues or LGBT issues without one side screaming at the other and accusing them of bigotry and hatespeech. This might not be true behind the scenes where, skinned assures me, the real work goes on. But it is true in the media and on social media. Which is where the majority of voters will have these discussions or hear the arguments. Combine that with a lacklustre candidate and this is what you get. ~25% of Americans voted Trump. Many liberals didn't even vote. Because the right is pushing back against this censorship and aggression of the left and the parts of the left that aren't busy screaming everyone down just don't want anything to do with the conversation due to how toxic it's become.

I'm a liberal. Fiscally somewhat conservative but socially I will probably always be a liberal. I believe in equal rights for all minorities, looking after the weakest among us etc and I'd like to believe that most people have similar values. They don't really want to hurt and oppress but they become quite resistant to change or new ideas if you try ramming it down their throat and then calling them a bigot if they don't agree.
Gold: 4.00
Nov 11 2016 04:29pm
The left also has a generally terrible method of communication.
Even if somebody is racist, it is not effective to simply discredit their political views based on that.
Unfortunately we live in a world where it is increasingly popular to attack each other, rather than critique our ideals. I am ashamedly guilty of this.

America and I need to take a few years off while I go figure myself out :(
Gold: 1.93
Nov 11 2016 04:34pm
Quote (Scaly @ Nov 12 2016 09:25am)

That's why the polls were wrong, everyone afraid to admit they're voting Trump. Because of the attacks on free speech and more importantly freedom of discussion are coming from the left. You can't have a discussion about racism, gender issues or LGBT issues without one side screaming at the other and accusing them of bigotry and hatespeech. This might not be true behind the scenes where, skinned assures me, the real work goes on. But it is true in the media and on social media. Which is where the majority of voters will have these discussions or hear the arguments. Combine that with a lacklustre candidate and this is what you get. ~25% of Americans voted Trump. Many liberals didn't even vote. Because the right is pushing back against this censorship and aggression of the left and the parts of the left that aren't busy screaming everyone down just don't want anything to do with the conversation due to how toxic it's become.

I'm a liberal. Fiscally somewhat conservative but socially I will probably always be a liberal. I believe in equal rights for all minorities, looking after the weakest among us etc and I'd like to believe that most people have similar values. They don't really want to hurt and oppress but they become quite resistant to change or new ideas if you try ramming it down their throat and then calling them a bigot if they don't agree.

No the democrats literally lost directly because they rigged the dem nomination in favor of hillary clinton.
Most bernie supporters i know wrote in harambe once it came out that hillary was being sent debate questions ahead of time.
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 11 2016 04:35pm
is there an agenda to your topic?

I probably saw the same vid.

Imo it's not about the left not listening to the right. It's more about how American campaigns are about digging up dirt to throw at the other side, instead of leading a national discussion.

It's not like the right listened to the left. At least in pard topics the left more often did their best to explain their ideas.
Gold: 8,933.00
Nov 11 2016 04:36pm
Quote (Scaly @ Nov 11 2016 05:25pm)

Someone has been paying attention to Jonathan Pie today.

I know I was, thanks Surfpunk.
Gold: 2,620.00
Nov 11 2016 04:37pm
Trump won primarily because the Democrats failed to churn out the under 35 vote in the same numbers and margins that Obama did in 2008/2012 and because Trump's message resonated strongly with the white working class of the Rust Belt and Midwest.

Let's try not to read too much into our own political pet theories or beliefs as to why else he was able to get more electoral votes than Hillary Clinton.
Gold: 4.00
Nov 11 2016 04:37pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 11 2016 05:34pm)
No the democrats literally lost directly because they rigged the dem nomination in favor of hillary clinton.
Most bernie supporters i know wrote in harambe once it came out that hillary was being sent debate questions ahead of time.

Also this.
I hope that they are truly ashamed, since that was the nail in the coffin for this Trump presidency.
Gold: 180.00
Nov 11 2016 04:38pm
Both sides were equally volatile towards the other. Neither side spent much time on issues at hand but spent all their time discussing why they would be better than the other. Being better than someone else doesn't make you the person for the job... People wanted to see/hear why and what each person was going to do in the position of power that has been entrusted into the President of the United States.

When the general population failed to receive that information they decided that maybe someone who doesn't have a successful career from politics should be in office, and not because they feel that Trump is the right person for the job, but because it will bring a drastic change in government and as it seems now that is the only thing that has the slightest possibility to fix this countries future.
Gold: 200.83
Nov 11 2016 04:38pm
I agree with everyone having equal rights and I am ok with that meaning difference of outcome because people aren't equal. I think this is where I disagree with a lot of left leaning people who want to impose equality through methods like affirmative action and racial quotas by forcing diversity instead of letting the cards fall as they may while having equal laws for all.

I did not watch the video you guys keep talking about but everything you said seemed obvious to me since day 1 as a Trump supporter while you all labeled me and fellow supporters racist, sexist, deplorable, etc.
Quote (SpitYourGame @ Nov 11 2016 02:38pm)
Both sides were equally volatile towards the other. Neither side spent much time on issues at hand but spent all their time discussing why they would be better than the other. Being better than someone else doesn't make you the person for the job... People wanted to see/hear why and what each person was going to do in the position of power that has been entrusted into the President of the United States.

When the general population failed to receive that information they decided that maybe someone who doesn't have a successful career from politics should be in office, and not because they feel that Trump is the right person for the job, but because it will bring a drastic change in government and as it seems now that is the only thing that has the slightest possibility to fix this countries future.

I absolutely disagree

This post was edited by majorblood on Nov 11 2016 04:39pm
Gold: 28,296.01
Nov 11 2016 04:41pm
I knew in 1996 not to post shit or do shit on the net that I didn't want to be seen by everyone

why democrats haven't figured that out by 2016 I'll never understand
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll