d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Remove Flood Control From The Profiles
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 992.66
Trader: Trusted
Oct 13 2016 02:30pm
I'm trying to do some trading with a fellow and we keep missing eachother every time we are about to trade...

When I try to update his profile to see if he is online I just get a Flood control, even tho I am not flooding anything...

I am sure other users are annoyed of this feature aswell, I really can't see the use of it?
Trade Moderator
Gold: 82,000.00
Oct 14 2016 02:07am
You don't really have to refresh his profile every second now right?
I mean, 1 minute here 1 minute there won't really harm anyone.
Just don't refresh it so many times so often.
Gold: 22,720.48
Oct 14 2016 02:29am
It was put in place for a reason(it bogged down the site), it won't be removed.
Oct 14 2016 11:24am
Quote (Yakir @ Oct 14 2016 01:07am)
You don't really have to refresh his profile every second now right?
I mean, 1 minute here 1 minute there won't really harm anyone.
Just don't refresh it so many times so often.

I do it automatically I do it when I watch game odds, when I check for appartments, when I check my email, the list is long. I can assure you that I am far away from the only one who is annoyed of this, I have asked quite a few users who trades regulary about their opinion and I would say that the opinions are on my side.

If there is a good reason for this to stay, then I do understand, but if there is no good reason I do not.

Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Oct 14 2016 01:29am)

it bogged down the site, okey... Every page load makes the same affect to the server.

As my earlier statement, if there is a good reason for this feature you can shut down this thread. I just find it annoying, that is all :)

Gold: 556.34
Oct 14 2016 01:40pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ 14 Oct 2016 11:29)

Sure it was for reason, when the site was more active. I don't think it would hurt "site load" being implemented now.
Voted yes.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 111.25
Oct 14 2016 01:42pm
I guess you didnt use the right arguments about it, i have a way better argument

One year ago, when i was Co Leader in my old guild and i wanted to mass pm our guild members i had that problem too, but not sure if its worth changing anything.

So i have to yes unfortunately no :/
Oct 14 2016 01:47pm
Quote (Herolinda @ Oct 14 2016 12:42pm)
I guess you didnt use the right arguments about it, i have a way better argument

One year ago, when i was Co Leader in my old guild and i wanted to mass pm our guild members i had that problem too, but not sure if its worth changing anything.

So i have to yes unfortunately no :/

Oh, Im not very good at arguing :) Thanks for your contribution, I can totally see your angle and how this was troubling you!

I also remember one other reason, when I trade I am sometimes forced to send my goods before receiving my forum gold. I would like to know when and if the user is about to pay, in this situation it would be very helpful to be able to see his profile.

This post was edited by ium on Oct 14 2016 01:48pm
Retired Moderator
Oct 14 2016 01:51pm
Quote (ium @ 14 Oct 2016 21:47)
Oh, Im not very good at arguing :) Thanks for your contribution, I can totally see your angle and how this was troubling you!

I also remember one other reason, when I trade I am sometimes forced to send my goods before receiving my forum gold. I would like to know when and if the user is about to pay, in this situation it would be very helpful to be able to see his profile.

So you saying when you are waiting for your forumgold u go and refresh the other traders profile every second? Don´t be that afraid, if you are afraid that the other part is going to steal your items/ forumgold go and use a medi, so you are on the safe site.

Iam not saying that this shouldnt be implemented but iam only saying that imo not many people have the problems you and maybe me (had them) have.

Iam not good at arguing too dno how this argument came to my mind :D
Oct 14 2016 01:58pm
Quote (Herolinda @ Oct 14 2016 12:51pm)
So you saying when you are waiting for your forumgold u go and refresh the other traders profile every second? Don´t be that afraid, if you are afraid that the other part is going to steal your items/ forumgold go and use a medi, so you are on the safe site.

Iam not saying that this shouldnt be implemented but iam only saying that imo not many people have the problems you and maybe me (had them) have.

Iam not good at arguing too dno how this argument came to my mind :D

haha, well, the truth to be told... I just got pissed of when I couldn't see the profiles, and when I thought about it then I found out that there is no reason for this feature to function on this site, only downsides :D

But I do indeed tend to stalk people during a trade with a lot of fg involved, I don't want to just give it away to criminals without at least trying to protect myself :)
Retired Moderator
Oct 14 2016 01:59pm
Quote (ium @ 14 Oct 2016 21:58)
haha, well, the truth to be told... I just got pissed of when I couldn't see the profiles, and when I thought about it then I found out that there is no reason for this feature to function on this site, only downsides :D

But I do indeed tend to stalk people during a trade with a lot of fg involved, I don't want to just give it away to criminals without at least trying to protect myself :)

:d But you dont really protect yourself with "stalking" them, just go to the safe side and request a mediator, you wont get scammed and you can relax ;)
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll