d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Hybrid Build?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 896.20
Oct 13 2016 09:13am
I always enjoyed going for the more challenging builds in different games cause it's more interesting to me ^^

Could anyone help me on making the most effective hybrid I can?
I'm assuming i wouldn't have much choice but a rogue right?

So for weapon I'll need ee/int
Unsure about the rest of this build without spending 50+k fg by the time the whole set is complete. I know what my options are but what would be the most effective/most important?

Would prefer input from someone who has actually attempted/currently uses a more complex build - or a redirections to a hybrid build topic that I may have missed :)

Also, plan on putting anywhere from 20-30k fg into this char. 30 is probably max, would extend it 5-10k more if the right items came along. ^^

/long term goal

Gold: 248,598.85
Oct 13 2016 10:37am
People don't play this because gear is too costly to become an average hybrid let alone top end hybrid. It is like finding all high end gear and then adding Max tier int rolls to it, most of gear doesn't exist or those with it won't sell.
Also the fact that hybrids don't synergize well. Why would a dex/str scaling item need int?

This post was edited by harmacintyre on Oct 13 2016 10:37am
Gold: 250,648.00
Oct 13 2016 12:00pm
A top end pure is almost always better than the hybrid you can make for the same price. Plus as Harm said the gear for a really good hybrid either doesnt exist or is never going to be for sale.
Oct 13 2016 04:20pm
Oiii I should have been more specific

I want to make a melee/caster build
I know this won't be as effective as a pure build because I'm splitting stats
Gold: 181,779.76
Oct 14 2016 01:29am
I'm not sure why you would want to do this, it's going to suck :P Are you going to use it for solo play or group climbs?

I would never try this out because it's not viable, but if I were to do it, I'd probably go for:

Weapon: EE + Int
Armor: Dex or Str + Int
Charm slot 1: Heal with EE + Dex or Str (and int if possible)
Charm slot 2: Cast charm with EE
Oct 14 2016 02:59am
It will definitely suck at first. Will have almost no choice but to use it for group play. I think the people I play with regularly are okay with my chat experiment judging on how well they dealt with my melee before I had swords after lvl 25 :rofl:

But I'm hoping with time and upgrades, it will eventually suffice ^^
I'm bored with the normal 3 builds. The there's always guardian I suppose but meh

May actually try guardian my next climb - don't think I ever have yet for group ofc

nn for nay saying, I'm going to do this regardless if it's said to be viable or not. :p I will be keeping my mage and melee gear so it's not like I can't ever switch back if I wanted :)
Oct 14 2016 06:25am
Melee as base. If you are using casting for skills the mana shouldn't be as big of an issue. You will probably figure out an amount of base int that will work for all classes and just Stat int into each accordingly

Ee with int on weapons.
Robes
Need to be dual statted dex/int or str/int depending on weapon type
Charms
Need EE with dex/str and some int which is even less likely
Sounds super expensive.

This post was edited by harmacintyre on Oct 14 2016 06:27am
Oct 14 2016 07:02am
Quote (harmacintyre @ Oct 14 2016 08:25am)
Melee as base. If you are using casting for skills the mana shouldn't be as big of an issue. You will probably figure out an amount of base int that will work for all classes and just Stat int into each accordingly

Ee with int on weapons.
Robes
Need to be dual statted dex/int or str/int depending on weapon type
Charms
Need EE with dex/str and some int which is even less likely
Sounds super expensive.

Iso help understanding the whole "str or dex depending on weapon". Not my first time seeing ofc but how exactly do you decipher that? Most likely I'll be going swords or daggers unless I should be iso something else to allow me to try the build on higher classes? That part I really need help figuring out as I've never even gotten passed sammy yet :rofl: Wouldn't want to throw loads of fg at a build and then later on figure out, "ah I shoulda bought xxxx type of weapon so I can use it on xxxx class as well as rogue." Or am I looking at using this build strictly on a rogue? I would hope not about that part but willing to do it anyway :P
Gold: 4,120.55
Oct 14 2016 07:12am
Hybrid might be hard to become average..

I am casting on all classes so far.

It require some Expensive items just to have the same dmg as avg players, i Like it. But is it worth it?

Well now i Think it is. But when i started to offcast i struggled a couple of years and still struggle some time if i compare with my guildies :p

Dunno if this make sence. But gl man
Oct 14 2016 07:53am
Each weapon gains more damage off of different Stats, each weapon has a ratio. Daggers are .9 dex .1 str. So 1 dex is much more beneficial than 1 str for a dagger. This can be found in the portal
http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=3

It gets costly to maintain even average hybrid gear because you need two Stats and ee instead of 1 Stat with ee as a pure
Axes are 50.50 which means either str or dex both benefit it the same

This post was edited by harmacintyre on Oct 14 2016 07:54am
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll