d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Should The "rules Of Engagement" Be Thrown Out > The Window While Fighting The Murderous
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Oct 2 2016 01:09pm
I bet if we nuke muslim heavy areas muslim attacks will stop

/pol
Gold: 252.29
Oct 2 2016 01:36pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 2 2016 06:03pm)
OP isn't talking about just killing terrorist. Our hands aren't tied when it comes to killing them. They are not safe anywhere on earth, as we have flying deathbots dropping bombs on them everywhere. Navy Seals will pop into your crib in Pakistan and shoot you in the face (Hooah).

The OP means attacking non-terrorist and non-combatants and using political terror as a tool ourselves to fight terror. It is a self-defeating strategy.

OP and those who agree with him just show a stunning unawareness to the situation as it exists.

As it stands now, if an enemy shoots at you, puts down the reason and runs away, American soldiers are not "allowed" to chase him down and kill him.

When I was contracted on camp Pendleton, I had many a drunk night with the Marines and they were the ones who made me realize all the stupid shit they have to deal with while in actual combat situations.

So, either, you were in the military and were directly told otherwise OR you're just spewing opinions out your ass.
Gold: 28,296.01
Oct 2 2016 01:42pm
Quote (NekoSama @ Oct 2 2016 11:36am)

When I was contracted on camp Pendleton, I had many a drunk night with the Marines and they were the ones who made me realize all the stupid shit they have to deal with while in actual combat situations.

let the record show that this never happened
Gold: 51.00
Oct 2 2016 01:45pm
Imo if we go to war with a country and the citizens of that country choose to be in an active war zone then they are choosing to get shot if we roll in there. It's just good population control.
Gold: 5,169.82
Oct 2 2016 02:00pm
Quote (Evil_Life @ Oct 2 2016 09:45pm)
Imo if we go to war with a country and the citizens of that country choose to be in an active war zone then they are choosing to get shot if we roll in there. It's just good population control.

I fully agree, the USA should have the right of veto over which areas of the world you can safely go to and which you can't.
Oct 2 2016 02:30pm
Quote (Leevee @ Oct 2 2016 08:00pm)
I fully agree, the USA should have the right of veto over which areas of the world you can safely go to and which you can't.

You fail to understand the simple fact that there are some groups of people who have no common sense when it comes to decency in life.

Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 2 2016 02:34pm
Quote (NekoSama @ 2 Oct 2016 21:30)
You fail to understand the simple fact that there are some groups of people who have no common sense when it comes to decency in life.

We are looking to that group of multis every day here. I'm interested in ideas on how to control them better. Go on.
Gold: 5,169.82
Oct 2 2016 02:41pm
Quote (NekoSama @ Oct 2 2016 10:30pm)

What indication have I given to make you think I fail to understand this?

I'm assuming you take my awareness of the importance of regulations regarding wars as unawareness of what your enemies are doing wrong.

The fact of the matter is that, if the USA commits war crimes, this can be used against the USA in future negotiations. In essence, committing a serious enough war crime gives you the label of "Not to be trusted with anything, and not to be granted anything". You enter a war because you want to accomplish something through overpowering your opponent and thus pressuring them to give you what you want. If you commit war crimes, you throw all your leverage out of the window, and nobody will ever give you the things you want.

Why do you think ISIS is so hated, and why do you think the West is so unwilling to even negotiate with them? It's exactly because of this. They've shown that they cannot be trusted, they've shown that they're relentless, and they've shown that rules mean nothing to them. If rules mean nothing, agreements mean nothing, and hence, negotiations mean nothing.

tl;dr: Committing war crimes causes you to lose the leverage you gained by entering a war. Nobody in their right mind does this.
Oct 2 2016 03:18pm
Quote (Leevee @ Oct 2 2016 08:41pm)
What indication have I given to make you think I fail to understand this?

I'm assuming you take my awareness of the importance of regulations regarding wars as unawareness of what your enemies are doing wrong.

The fact of the matter is that, if the USA commits war crimes, this can be used against the USA in future negotiations. In essence, committing a serious enough war crime gives you the label of "Not to be trusted with anything, and not to be granted anything". You enter a war because you want to accomplish something through overpowering your opponent and thus pressuring them to give you what you want. If you commit war crimes, you throw all your leverage out of the window, and nobody will ever give you the things you want.

Why do you think ISIS is so hated, and why do you think the West is so unwilling to even negotiate with them? It's exactly because of this. They've shown that they cannot be trusted, they've shown that they're relentless, and they've shown that rules mean nothing to them. If rules mean nothing, agreements mean nothing, and hence, negotiations mean nothing.

tl;dr: Committing war crimes causes you to lose the leverage you gained by entering a war. Nobody in their right mind does this.

America is the #1 country on earth.

you really think we give a shit if other countries dont want to negotiate with us?

maybe if I had my balls chopped off i might worry about thier feelings but as it stands, you obviously look like a murderous mudslime sympaTHIZER THAT WANTS US TO GIVE AWAY WHAT WE HAVE EARNED IN OVER 200 YEARS.

This post was edited by NekoSama on Oct 2 2016 03:18pm
Gold: 3.33
Oct 2 2016 03:22pm
Quote (NekoSama @ Oct 2 2016 10:18pm)
America is the #1 country on earth.

you really think we give a shit if other countries dont want to negotiate with us?

maybe if I had my balls chopped off i might worry about thier feelings but as it stands, you obviously look like a murderous mudslime sympaTHIZER THAT WANTS US TO GIVE AWAY WHAT WE HAVE EARNED IN OVER 200 YEARS.

best in terms of gdp, most other things id beg to differ
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll