Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Feb 25 2018 09:27am
Best character is a matter of opinion
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 25 2018 03:22pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Feb 25 2018 07:27am)
Best character is a matter of opinion

Clearly, but you saying the show is "predictable and boring" because a handful of people who you liked got killed is just moronic.
Feb 25 2018 05:29pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 25 2018 04:22pm)
Clearly, but you saying the show is "predictable and boring" because a handful of people who you liked got killed is just moronic.

it was one example

please continue to go to the ad hominem as its your MO
Gold: 63,142.89
Feb 25 2018 06:22pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Feb 25 2018 07:29pm)
it was one example

yea. another example of GoT being predictable: I watch every episode expecting them to be amazing and they usually are.
Feb 25 2018 06:46pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Feb 25 2018 03:29pm)
it was one example

My argument was directed at your exact quote... you need me to buy you a dictionary now?

Quote (Kayeto @ Feb 25 2018 04:22pm)
yea. another example of GoT being predictable: I watch every episode expecting them to be amazing and they usually are.

Ha
Gold: 23.00
Feb 25 2018 07:37pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 24 2018 11:52pm)
Neither?

Jaime is a piece of shit who has now turned it around and he's going to completely redeem himself when he either kills Cersei or he dies by her hand. I like Jaime, but he's been off and on a terrible fucking person who I've wanted to die a slow and painful death.

Arya annoys the shit out of me tbh. I'm glad she's finally getting shit done, but I don't understand why H'ghar doesn't show up and kill the cunt for her insolence. No reason she should be allowed to walk around freely after what she did.

Tyrion was who I was referring to.

I never really thought of Jaime as a piece of shit. If I was put in any of those situations I would have done the exact same thing. He actually parallels Ned in terms of doing a lot of dishonorable acts to protect the ones he loves. He just happened to love a very evil woman.
Feb 25 2018 07:37pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 25 2018 07:46pm)
My argument was directed at your exact quote... you need me to buy you a dictionary now?

dont even know what youre saying
Feb 25 2018 10:46pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Feb 25 2018 05:37pm)
dont even know what youre saying

You just claimed that my mo was to attack a person rather than their argument, when that's the exact opposite of what I just did. Maybe you're just tossing around common Latin phrases you don't understand for shits and giggles?

I said your reasoning for disliking the show (which you've now claimed is just one example, but you've failed to put forth any additional examples for me to refute) was moronic, and it was, and I explained why it was... A handful of characters the public liked have been killed, and not much about those deaths have been predictable. Boring is subjective of course; literally everything in the world is boring to someone. That being said, if GoT is boring to you, you're either someone who must find all TV boring, or you're someone who doesn't enjoy fantasy. If either of those are the case, why would you be watching GoT in the first place? I never called you a moron, nor did I imply it. I simply explained why your argument made no sense, and then you followed up with a retort that somehow made even less fucking sense. Care to try again?

Quote (fuzzy159 @ Feb 25 2018 05:37pm)
I never really thought of Jaime as a piece of shit. If I was put in any of those situations I would have done the exact same thing. He actually parallels Ned in terms of doing a lot of dishonorable acts to protect the ones he loves. He just happened to love a very evil woman.

Eva Braun isn't considered a good person because she was in love. He'll probably redeem himself by the end of the show, but he has done countless evil acts in the name of protecting Cersei or his family (I could list a few if you'd like, but I think you remember them as well as I do) and that's wonderful and all that it's for love, but when the person you love is a tyrannical mass-murdering psychopath with a god-complex, you gotta blame both the psychopath and the psychopath's love-addled tool.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 25 2018 11:04pm
Gold: 63,142.89
Feb 26 2018 02:23am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 26 2018 12:46am)
Eva Braun isn't considered a good person because she was in love. He'll probably redeem himself by the end of the show, but he has done countless evil acts in the name of protecting Cersei or his family (I could list a few if you'd like, but I think you remember them as well as I do) and that's wonderful and all that it's for love, but when the person you love is a tyrannical mass-murdering psychopath with a god-complex, you gotta blame both the psychopath and the psychopath's love-addled tool.

We can go point-by-point if you like. I contend that Jaime did nothing wrong, given what could be expected of him.

He was 7 when his mom died. His father was one of the smartest, most manipulative men in the kingdom. At 14-15, he and Cersei started banging. She was a hottie, freak in the sheets and got her claws in him at a young age. Then he become the youngest ever Kingsguard, which sheltered him from reality for some formative years. He was dyslexic and struggled with academics for much of his childhood. His life revolved mainly around his ability to fight. He's actually similar to, in our world, an athlete who gets pushed through school, "graduates" at age 22 and goes into the world not really knowing much.

His real journey began when he was Robb Stark's prisoner. He would do anything to back to Cersei, which he did. But along the way (mainly Brienne) he was exposed to some real world learning. He started realizing that Cersei was bad. We finally saw it boil over last episode with him disobeying her order and taking the army.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Feb 26 2018 02:30am
Feb 26 2018 01:43pm
He took a job where he swore on his life to protect a single man, and instead he spent his time pumping children into that man's wife. Throw the incest shit out the window, he's still fucking the wife of literally the ONE man he's sworn to protect, and that's after he outright killed the last person he was sworn to protect (that was the right call, but still lol). Him pushing Bran out the window isn't what I consider him as being evil for doing, it's his lack of remorse with the action that bothers me. He shows zero fucking emotion or care that he just murdered an innocent boy because he saw something he shouldn't have seen. After Ned died, and by completely fucked up means, including not even giving him a fair chance at a fight, he openly mocks Catelyn Stark regarding the death and infidelity of her late husband, which is something only a twat would do. He has committed atrocity after atrocity in the name of his sister who he now knows is as vile as they come. I do think he'll redeem himself by the end of the show, but he's not there, and he has been a vile little cunt.

And even after all the stuff Cersei has done, he's still serving her. Now it's with hesitance and he is beginning to question her authority, but he is still very much her man, and he'll die serving her. He's pledged his allegiance and his love to the most evil person in all of the 7 kingdoms, and some of the evil he's committed, albeit in the name of love, is still on his head because it's his foolishness and arrogance that put him in the situation to begin with.

I love Jamie. He's one of my favorite characters and he has been for some time, but I just refuse to say he's a "good" person, because I don't believe he is. There are only a handful of good people in positions of power in all of Westeros, and he is not one of them. When he finally breaks his shackles and chokes the life out of Cersei, then yes, I'll say he died a good man, but until he does that, he's still just a dumbass committing evil for an evil woman.

E: We gotta get back on topic though lol :P . If you wanna continue this, post your response

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77515942&f=197
or
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76133449&f=197
and I'll respond to it there

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 26 2018 01:44pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1424344454666Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll