d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Hildebeast Is Literally Stealing From > Poor Donors
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,620.00
Sep 22 2016 11:19am
Quote (thesnipa @ 22 Sep 2016 09:37)
Those stand alone comparisons are not possible when one candidate has a lack of policy and the other has a documented history of flip flopping on policy. Trump has changed his views to get in line with his voters, see maternity leave or anti-gun control. Hillary has been in office so long that the meta has changed which makes her formerly popular stances look bad, see tough on crime. And neither is putting forward policy that counters the other. Hillary lays out a plan on Syria, and Trump claims he has a secret plan then deflects to Obama's administration leaking non-critical info that one time. Trump puts forward a plan for border security and immigrant vetting (somewhat, at least end goals) and Hillary eludes to the status quo. There aren't that many areas where we can compare the ideas of one to the ideas of another, its all lack of policy versus policy or policy versus status quo. That said, it is the system that has allowed two candidates such as these to rise to power. Unless there's a credible third option with a chance ot win and not just spoil neither candidate needs to win an election in a global sense, they just need to win a foot race. When 2 people outrun 1 bear you don't necessarily need to be fast, but when a bunch of people encounter a school of sharks you need to be fast no matter what.

I understand the merits of comparison. I just think that we get wrapped up in our lesser-evil box a little too often.

When I describe criticisms of a candidate, I shouldn't have to attach a disclaimer that the other one could be worse. I think we need to do a better job of standing back and assessing a candidate as a whole sometimes rather than always defaulting to a comparison.

This post was edited by ThatAlex on Sep 22 2016 11:20am
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 22 2016 11:27am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Sep 22 2016 06:26am)
Yep. And people cannot discuss the negatives of one without bringing up how the other is worse. That's lesser evil politics for you.

I think it would be healthier if we could assess each of the candidates without necessarily comparing them all the time. Myabe we could sometimes arrive at more objective and meaningful conclusions.

Right now, Americans politics exist within their own box of relative shitiness. Perhaps we need to start considering politics in a different way and try to escape our lesser-evil instincts, but I'm not exactly sure how because all I am used to doing is comparing.

If you can't name your state assemblyman/senator, your city councilmen, etc. then you're part of the problem (I'm not using the word "you" to single you out). Our presidential candidates tend to come from the US Senate and governorships. Where do they come from? State senate/assembly, state attorney general, etc. Where do they come from? Local communities. We the people need to do our vetting MUCH earlier on.
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 22 2016 11:38am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Sep 22 2016 11:19am)
I understand the merits of comparison. I just think that we get wrapped up in our lesser-evil box a little too often.

When I describe criticisms of a candidate, I shouldn't have to attach a disclaimer that the other one could be worse. I think we need to do a better job of standing back and assessing a candidate as a whole sometimes rather than always defaulting to a comparison.

When you only have 2 viable candidate, no matter how effective one or both are for standalone comparisons, the 2 will be heavily compared in all rebuttals. That's how a competition of 2 people works inherently. It only takes mixing in one extra person to change that dynamic, but IMO the quality of the candidates and media narrative are less at play here than the simple relationship of 2 people versus 3+ people.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Sep 22 2016 12:40pm
Trump used Charity money incorrectly - the FBI needs to investigate that lying crook.
Gold: 34.00
Sep 22 2016 03:17pm
I read the entire article the OP linked, including this part at the end: Disclosure: Donald Trump is the father-in-law of Jared Kushner, the publisher of Observer Media.

Now I doubt it's accuracy.
Gold: 252.29
Sep 22 2016 05:42pm
Quote (Betawulf @ Sep 22 2016 02:28pm)

You're so funny!

You don't even need to click my link, just read it.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/17/fact-checking-snopes-websites-political-fact-checker-is-just-a-failed-liberal-blogger/

If you do click it, prepare to be triggered.

Gold: 28,296.01
Sep 22 2016 05:45pm
Quote (NekoSama @ Sep 22 2016 03:42pm)
You're so funny!

You don't even need to click my link, just read it.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/17/fact-checking-snopes-websites-political-fact-checker-is-just-a-failed-liberal-blogger/

If you do click it, prepare to be triggered.

another shitty right wing link to back up your original

there is a reason reputable news agencies aren't covering this
Gold: 22,720.48
Sep 22 2016 05:50pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 22 2016 07:45pm)

Ha, so now neko and santara are on the same page in regards to snopes. That's hilarious.
Gold: 252.29
Sep 22 2016 06:02pm
Quote (Betawulf @ Sep 22 2016 11:45pm)

It was proven in the leaked DNC emails that the "reputable news agencies" were working under the direct orders if the demokkkrats.

You can literally look them up right now.

That being said.

The "reason" "reputable" "news agencies" are not covering this is because they have been fucking proven to be working for the demokkkratic party.

It would seriously fucking hurt the hildebeast's campaign if it came out that HFA was fucking poor people that monetarily support the hildebeast.

Just Google wikileaks DNC emails

From there, you can do a word search.

Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 22 2016 06:06pm
Nekosama = a clone of plasmasnake that didn't quite work out.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll