d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Charter Schools Vs Public Schools
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 252.29
Sep 13 2016 05:51pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 13 2016 11:47pm)
Well most charter schools are doing very badly. A few are doing okay...they are the exceptions though.

Meanwhile public school quality has been increasing overall.

If people vote Democrat education will continue to improve.

The charter schools here in San Diego are fucking fantastic.

WAT

They are getting worse in all 50 states.

Lower reqs and standards are producing brainwashed commies.

Gold: 3.33
Sep 13 2016 05:52pm
Quote (NekoSama @ Sep 14 2016 12:34am)
WTF kind of delusional world do you live in?

If a parent is engaged enough to want thier child to go to a charter school, they probably put in more effort than the bulk of the people who send thier kids to public schools.

Taking out the "smart" kids from public schools doesn't make the curriculum and better or worse.

Realistically, having "smart" kids around isn't going to make the children of less engaged parents who send thier kids to public schools with uninterested teachers who provide an education of inferior value any smarter.

I'm legit starting to think you are crazy indoctrinated or just trolling me at this point because no one could be that dense to miss the entire point of schooling.

Also, I have a question for you.

If you got good grades in one class in college, did the "bad" students in that same class get a better grade because of your effort?

look up the cream skimming effect or shut your fucking loser mouth
Gold: 8,933.00
Sep 13 2016 05:55pm
Quote (dro94 @ Sep 13 2016 06:52pm)

Thought you blokes were supposed to be unflappable.
Sep 13 2016 05:56pm
Quote (Santara @ Sep 14 2016 12:55am)

neko and libertarians are the only things that trigger me
Sep 13 2016 05:57pm
Quote (dro94 @ Sep 13 2016 11:52pm)

So you're saying that public schools are better off if the "smart" kids are hanging around degenerates in a school that provides a horrendous edumacation?

What is your logical conclusion?

The overall average is raised?

The lazy kids get better grades?

The "smart" kids get brought down to the level of other normal kids in an effort to make everything equal?

I want your specific expected result of what you would assume the end result would be.

This post was edited by NekoSama on Sep 13 2016 06:01pm
Sep 13 2016 06:04pm
Quote (Santara @ Sep 13 2016 11:55pm)

I believe I get under his skin because I poke holes with a 50 cal. in his indoctrination theology.

I could be wrong but it's really hard to have a conversation with him so I am not able to really understand his side of the story.

Sep 13 2016 06:07pm
Quote (NekoSama @ Sep 14 2016 12:57am)
So you're saying that public schools are better off if the "smart" kids are hanging around degenerates in a school that provides a horrendous edumacation?

What is your logical conclusion?

The overall average is raised?

The lazy kids get better grades?

The "smart" kids get brought down to the level of other normal kids in an effort to make everything equal?

Pretty much. If the smarter kids stayed at the public schools they wouldn't be doing as badly, that much is a fact.

Imagine if there was a system that only had public schools so the smarter kids were there, and enough was invested so that the best teachers were trained and class sizes were kept relatively small (which are some of the benefits of private schools).

You could also have a system with only private schools and the government covers the cost of all children's education by offering vouchers. The parents of each child can choose which private school to send their child. There wouldn't be cream skimming effect AND the schools would use resources more efficiently because they are for-profit.

On this topic I could get behind either system. One is very left wing and the other is quite right wing, but either could work I think. It would be hard as balls to implement the all private schools scenario though.
Sep 13 2016 06:20pm
Quote (dro94 @ Sep 14 2016 12:07am)
Pretty much. If the smarter kids stayed at the public schools they wouldn't be doing as badly, that much is a fact.

Imagine if there was a system that only had public schools so the smarter kids were there, and enough was invested so that the best teachers were trained and class sizes were kept relatively small (which are some of the benefits of private schools).

You could also have a system with only private schools and the government covers the cost of all children's education by offering vouchers. The parents of each child can choose which private school to send their child. There wouldn't be cream skimming effect AND the schools would use resources more efficiently because they are for-profit.

On this topic I could get behind either system. One is very left wing and the other is quite right wing, but either could work I think. It would be hard as balls to implement the all private schools scenario though.

I'm gonna offer up an idea, lemme know your thoughts.

Eliminate public schools entirely.

The government(taxpayers) still pay for the schooling in the form of vouchers with the option to move your child to another school at the beginning of the year if you believe the school was not providing a decent education.

This, I believe would lead to four things.

The shitty schools would go out of buisness,.

The better schools would open up new facilities or expand.

It would generally be less expensive because of the smaller bureaucracy and...

IF there was any fraud, the responsible parties would probably do prison time because they would be stealing federal money.

---

This way, even the teachers would be more inclined to help even the struggling students succeed rather than just focusing in the top performers.

Sep 13 2016 06:26pm
Quote (NekoSama @ Sep 14 2016 01:20am)
I'm gonna offer up an idea, lemme know your thoughts.

Eliminate public schools entirely.

The government(taxpayers) still pay for the schooling in the form of vouchers with the option to move your child to another school at the beginning of the year if you believe the school was not providing a decent education.

This, I believe would lead to four things.

The shitty schools would go out of buisness,.

The better schools would open up new facilities or expand.

It would generally be less expensive because of the smaller bureaucracy and...

IF there was any fraud, the responsible parties would probably do prison time because they would be stealing federal money.

---

This way, even the teachers would be more inclined to help even the struggling students succeed rather than just focusing in the top performers.

the replacing of every public schoo would take a generation of transitioning, considering most students go to one. it may be a while before private schools see results better than public schools if they're just opening to replace them. private schools would no longer be able to pick the best teachers because they're no longer a minority - even the shitty teachers would be employed at a private school. there would be crappy private schools and good private schools just as in any other system. more affluent areas would have better private schools as they can charge higher tuition and pay a premium for better teachers and resources.

the above are all potential problems with the policy you mentioned, but i would support a private schooling system with universal vouchers IF the private schools are closely monitored and regulated, as well as public schools being phased out over many years. that way, there is reasonable time for new private schools to be set up

This post was edited by dro94 on Sep 13 2016 06:26pm
Sep 13 2016 06:45pm
Quote (dro94 @ Sep 14 2016 12:26am)
the replacing of every public schoo would take a generation of transitioning, considering most students go to one. it may be a while before private schools see results better than public schools if they're just opening to replace them. private schools would no longer be able to pick the best teachers because they're no longer a minority - even the shitty teachers would be employed at a private school. there would be crappy private schools and good private schools just as in any other system. more affluent areas would have better private schools as they can charge higher tuition and pay a premium for better teachers and resources.

the above are all potential problems with the policy you mentioned, but i would support a private schooling system with universal vouchers IF the private schools are closely monitored and regulated, as well as public schools being phased out over many years. that way, there is reasonable time for new private schools to be set up

I have no problem with phasing out the old.

That aside, if the schools were being run as a business and not a bureaucracy, they would fire shitty teachers.

Again, even this would create a whole new job market because people would be inclined to become teachers tonearm a living and schools woukd be inclined to hire the best.

As far as the affluent areas go, I highly doubt they'd even want to enter the voucher system, but again, if they did, the voucher would be worth no more or less anywhere.

Which actually means that the poor black kid in a charter schools would have teachers just as motivated as the rich white kid.

Again, that is assuming the parents don't put him in an academy or private school.

But if someone wants to pay for a private school, that's thier right.

This post was edited by NekoSama on Sep 13 2016 06:46pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll