d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Evangelion Rediscovered > Go Deeper On Anime Neogenesis Evangelion
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 12 2016 09:58am
I saw this anime as a child and i loved it but i didn't understand then.Now as an adult I've seen it again and really understood it! Its such a amazing anime full of religion symbolism and philosophical questions about existentialism and predeterminism for example
This anime is much more than just a mecha anime.
It made me wonder a lot.
The psichology of the characters is complex and real.
Not like bad films and bad shows where the evil one is just bad or the good one is just good.
everybody is like that on real world isn't it?

Questions like ¿Its Rei ayanami a human being just because has conscience ? ¿Has she a soul? ¿Is she a human being ? ¿What is a soul? ¿Its the evangelion a life form? ¿What is life and what are the requirements to be a life form?
¿Have the evas conscience or awareness? ¿ ¿What about the Dead sea scrolls ? everything that happens in the anime its written there. ¿ Are the characters owners of their own destinies or are just predetermined to follow the written steps?? ¿What is the mind?? ¿What happen to the pilots inside the cockpit? ¿who controls the other?? These are not questions to be answered instantly whether to make us think.

As an experienced actor i can appreciate the complexity of the main characters and their inner conflicts. It would be quite hard to create a Rei ayanami or a shinji on the stage.
And what makes the anime unique and really interesting is that Shinji is a human being. I mean he is not the stereotype heroe. The hardest fight is actually against himself. Is the same for azuka.

Id like to listen more opinions,questions and answers from all the questions I've made!

This post was edited by onirico0 on Sep 12 2016 10:01am
Gold: 16,240.00
Sep 12 2016 12:28pm
I thought the best bit was the homogeneous goo stuff, sounded like a pretty good world to me
To answer your questions we don't know, there's no way to prove that anything is conscious other than yourself, even other people. We will run into this problem if we can ever create Ai or clone people including memories and personality

Gold: 0.00
Sep 14 2016 08:04am
Thats true! But i love the fact that an anime makes me wonder about all these things and wakes up my curiosity. Now im looking for books of sigmund freud about oedipus complex that aren't really hard to read or just for psychologists XD.

i found these on the internet [URL] https://www.dropbox.com/s/amzudeoopgv6ka8/Evangelion%20Analysis.pdf?dl=0[/URL] Such a good article!
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll