d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Updating The Prices For Purchasing Fg > The Purchase More Fg Values Are Outdated
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 9 2016 09:56am
I would like to take the time to discuss something that has been bothering me for quite some time. As a member of this site since 2008 I have not seen the prices in the purchase more forum gold section changed very drastically.

I do however see people using other means to purchase Forum Gold illegally or purchase gear to flip in order to gain forum gold. I play mostly on Diablo 2 and I see that gaming community shrinking every year to combat that I believe an upgraded price may revitalize the competitive nature and give the common user the chance to go through this site rather then have to purchase forum gold illegally or use other means to flip items for profit.

I think it's time to modernize the forum gold amount because as a loyal member of this site and seeing what is transpiring around in the forums makes me feel like d2jsp as a website isn't gaining a competitive edge against other markets.

Let's have a discussion about this?

I feel as though d2jsp has a big opportunity to capitalize on this.

If prices were lowered to modern standard more consumers would purchase from this website which means more profit and funding for site improvements and have the ability to implement other site suggestions.

D2jsp members should not have to spend their money else where and let other websites get d2jsp member's money, in all reality its all for the same purpose of making Forum Gold. Personally, I'd rather send my money to d2jsp and have a secure fast method of purchasing forum gold then have to purchase items from another site to buy items to flip which isn't convenient for the goal of gaining more forum gold and would rather using d2jsp then possibly being scammed for real money using the black market. D2jsp would be protecting it's members as well.

So lets break it down

Increasing the amount of Forum gold for the price would:

Increase revenue for this website scaling more room to expand on site improvements.
Increase revenue for this website but competing with other websites that members exploit to gain ultimately forum gold
Possibly draw new members and revitalize the gaming community
Increase member security by being the best source of acquiring forum gold and keeping them from having to use other markets in order to gain forum gold.

I would really like to see what other members think about this?

This post was edited by Orlando on Sep 9 2016 10:00am
Sep 9 2016 09:59am
Agreed
Sep 9 2016 10:00am
If he wanted to he would, but there's 800k members & you can't just change the price of fg drastically even though doing it other ways gets you 3x as much for the same price.
Sep 9 2016 10:15am
Quote (Japrone @ 9 Sep 2016 12:00)
If he wanted to he would, but there's 800k members & you can't just change the price of fg drastically even though doing it other ways gets you 3x as much for the same price.

I agree many years ago this price point was sufficient however 800 thousand members doesn't mean 800 thousand active members. This website consistently has about 1.5k active members everyday and that number has declined over the years.

Trust me I did some site surveying before I made this suggestion. Right now what is trending is purchasing items and flipping them for forum gold.

This is notorious in the path of exile forums where people buy exalted orbs and resell them here for forum gold. This is also happening on east where people are purchasing items in hopes to flip for massive forum gold. Like buying a single item for 500 dollars in order to gain 80k forum gold. 300 dollars on jsp only gets you 10 thousand forum gold. Do you see how the margins are imbalanced?

Trending is also the bar and pub sub forum which people are gambling and I think jsp could capitalize on when people lose all their forum gold gambling by giving them a chance to purchase more and get into the game. 10 dollars for 290 FG isn't enough in that forum to bounce back in Ai unless you are very lucky

in black markets and private trades which don't kid yourself happens a lot is a ratio of 1k/$10

I'm not saying for jsp to go to those margins but maybe half 500 fg for 10 dollars.

This post was edited by Orlando on Sep 9 2016 10:17am
Sep 9 2016 10:17am
Quote (Orlando @ Sep 9 2016 12:15pm)
I agree many years ago this price point was sufficient however 800 thousand members doesn't mean 800 thousand active members. This website consistently has about 1.5k active members everyday and that number has declined over the years.

Trust me I did some site surveying before I made this suggestion. Right now what is trending is purchasing items and flipping them for forum gold.

This is notorious in the path of exile forums where people buy exalted orbs and resell them here for forum gold. This is also happening on east where people are purchasing items in hopes to flip for massive forum gold. Like buying a single item for 500 dollars in order to gain 80k forum gold. 300 dollars on jsp only gets you 10 thousand forum gold. Do you see how the margins imbalanced?

Trending is also the bar and pub sub forum which people are gambling and I think jsp could capitalize on when people lose all they forum gold gambling a chance to purchase more and get into the game. 10 dollars for 290 FG isn't enough in that forum to bounce back in Ai unless you are very lucky

in black markets and private trades which don't kid yourself happens a lot is a ratio of 1k/$10

I'm not saying for jsp to go to those margins but maybe half 500 fg for 10 dollars.

Have to take into account that when buying fg you're also getting stars, they have a price too!
Sep 9 2016 10:22am
Quote (Japrone @ 9 Sep 2016 12:17)
Have to take into account that when buying fg you're also getting stars, they have a price too!

Yeah you do if that is the case then the star should be optional that would be cost more. This is even a testable idea by testing the prices on a weekend for a sale and maybe a day or two before or after Christmas
Jr Admin
Gold: 7,900.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 9 2016 10:23am
The price of Forum Gold is up to Njaguar, If he thinks it needs a change he will but this is not up for negotiation
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll