d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Is There A List Of The Best Items In The Game?
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33,836.87
Aug 25 2016 04:54pm
Honestly, I hate the fact that there isn't an active list. If I still played, I would maintain it and would keep it public. Let it be known that it's a thankless job and is the source of a ton of drama... The fact that I don't play means that my statement means nothing though.

The repository I have saved for Best-in-Games and is a great starting point: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=51498022&f=276

Quote (PowerTripped @ Aug 25 2016 05:26pm)
100k fg I'll post it.

This crap pisses me off as he's not in UA any longer and it wasn't his efforts that created the list. I did however share it privately with him and he likely worked with others in UA on upkeeping.

Regardless, I will hand out the last copy I was involved with. Realize this is a combined effort from Cole and myself. This list imo is meant to be public. Anything beyond this point is not my business as I wasn't involved.

http://tinyurl.com/ItemsBestAug2011

You're welcome :)

This post was edited by Stok3d on Aug 25 2016 04:58pm
Gold: 4,000.00
Aug 25 2016 05:04pm
Quote (Stok3d @ Aug 25 2016 04:54pm)
Honestly, I hate the fact that there isn't an active list. If I still played, I would maintain it and would keep it public. Let it be known that it's a thankless job and is the source of a ton of drama... The fact that I don't play means that my statement means nothing though.

The repository I have saved for Best-in-Games and is a great starting point: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=51498022&f=276

This crap pisses me off as he's not in UA any longer and it wasn't his efforts that created the list. I did however share it privately with him and he likely worked with others in UA on upkeeping.

Regardless, I will hand out the last copy I was involved with. Realize this is a combined effort from Cole and myself. This list imo is meant to be public. Anything beyond this point is not my business as I wasn't involved.

<3

Was never meant to be private, people just don't realize how much maintenance it is so when UA took over it they kept it private since like you said its a thankless job.
I owned 50+ items on the list at one point and rarely ever got pms about gear, and if I did so what lol. Maybe it's an offer I want.
Gold: 0.69
Aug 25 2016 05:26pm
Quote (Stok3d @ Aug 25 2016 06:54pm)

Afk pming.
Gold: 1,470.74
Aug 25 2016 05:37pm
Quote (Stok3d @ Aug 25 2016 05:54pm)

My post was a joke, thought that was clear.

Keeping it private was your words to me when you handed it over to Dave and myself. "It's to much of an advantage to the guild and gaining the best items to be open again to the public. Having it kept up keeps the unfair advantage where it belongs." Before I started rebuilding it I asked a lot of the owners and most said the same thing, they didn't want their items on it in the first place and didn't want it known. I agreed to keep it private until that changed. What was done with that copy took a lot of work at the time. But when it started again it was grossly out of date from things being traded, new items being added into the game, the purge destroying a lot of the old best items, verifying old and new ownership then having to add the item id numbers to every one of them, then reroll the whole list to it's dynamic state. So that rough copy is no different from the one that's been on lefeks profile for years. There was an equal amount of work, if not more, put into the current list as was in the old list. The bulk of the work done on the current list was mostly my hours and work that was put into it trolling and searching to fill in the blanks when no one else cared to invest the time in it but wanted it's rewards.

In the end it's the same topic that gets brought up, people want it but want it without the work and all this time the excel copy of the list has been public posted in a few areas but no one wants to take it over and do the work. Which is wide open to anyone in the public to do. But it's a full time job and it's not a few weeks and you're done kind of deal. Then when it's done you get the constant flame in the public thread. Just realize there is many of the owners who have voiced they do not care to be tied to it or have their name out there. "Well we can keep it ownerless" It's a small community and it doesn't take someone long to tract something down off it if they wanted to so ownerless defeats the point of their wishes. The blue print has always been out there, good luck to anyone who starts the journey.
Gold: 9.04
Aug 25 2016 07:18pm
Paid the man thank you
Gold: 33,836.87
Aug 25 2016 08:18pm
Quote (pun_godlike @ Aug 25 2016 09:18pm)
Paid the man thank you

Date Type Amount Who Comment
8/25/2016, 10:06:19 PM Sent -500.00 (1,500.00 -> 1,000.00) to pun_godlike (6,423.50 -> 6,923.50) <3
8/25/2016, 9:18:12 PM Received 500.00 (1,000.00 -> 1,500.00) from pun_godlike (6,923.50 -> 6,423.50) Ty

Thanks bud. I didn't post it for the gold though.

Quote (PowerTripped @ Aug 25 2016 07:37pm)
My post was a joke, thought that was clear.

Keeping it private was your words to me when you handed it over to Dave and myself. "It's to much of an advantage to the guild and gaining the best items to be open again to the public. Having it kept up keeps the unfair advantage where it belongs." Before I started rebuilding it I asked a lot of the owners and most said the same thing, they didn't want their items on it in the first place and didn't want it known. I agreed to keep it private until that changed. What was done with that copy took a lot of work at the time. But when it started again it was grossly out of date from things being traded, new items being added into the game, the purge destroying a lot of the old best items, verifying old and new ownership then having to add the item id numbers to every one of them, then reroll the whole list to it's dynamic state. So that rough copy is no different from the one that's been on lefeks profile for years. There was an equal amount of work, if not more, put into the current list as was in the old list. The bulk of the work done on the current list was mostly my hours and work that was put into it trolling and searching to fill in the blanks when no one else cared to invest the time in it but wanted it's rewards.

In the end it's the same topic that gets brought up, people want it but want it without the work and all this time the excel copy of the list has been public posted in a few areas but no one wants to take it over and do the work. Which is wide open to anyone in the public to do. But it's a full time job and it's not a few weeks and you're done kind of deal. Then when it's done you get the constant flame in the public thread. Just realize there is many of the owners who have voiced they do not care to be tied to it or have their name out there. "Well we can keep it ownerless" It's a small community and it doesn't take someone long to tract something down off it if they wanted to so ownerless defeats the point of their wishes. The blue print has always been out there, good luck to anyone who starts the journey.

I honestly don't remember that. What I stated to keep a secret was my log that I kept of unspawnables on ppl's accounts that weren't on the list that we were trying to buy :)
What I do remember is being is pissed at Trent for being a douchebag and letting the list slip. As for lefek's profile, I had no idea. I thought the original list beyond Cole's had also slipped.

I have a personal belief that the list is healthy for the game. Competition in all forms is likely helpful--it keeps ppl motivated and helps become a driving force to accomplish something.
Really though, I'm so far removed from the game--I shouldn't even be here talking. I haven't played in 5 years. Do as you please. The list has always been dear to me, so I posted what I posted. I hate to see the game die and have always been opinionated--even if it's not how others saw things.

Let truth be told--Cole's original list helped get me started in this game. I wouldn't have dropped so much $$$ from the onset had i not been able to confirm what I was buying truly was "unique" / the best.

Gold: 9.04
Aug 25 2016 08:26pm
Quote (pun_godlike @ Aug 25 2016 08:18pm)
Paid the man thank you

Date Type Amount Who Comment
8/25/2016, 10:06:19 PM Sent -500.00 (1,500.00 -> 1,000.00) to pun_godlike (6,423.50 -> 6,923.50) <3
8/25/2016, 9:18:12 PM Received 500.00 (1,000.00 -> 1,500.00) from pun_godlike (6,923.50 -> 6,423.50) Ty

Thanks bud. I didn't post it for the gold though.

im pissed, i wrote up some stuff and went to send it back to you, and ur damn inbox full... really and i couldnt save it, cuz i was on the phone and jumped back..

so anyways.. i tryed to pay.. all i wanted was a list, to see whats on it, lately alot of stuff i already know about cuz i have gold logs of history, were i owned or spawned it

which is sad, cuz i gave away some nice toys.. for nothing.. but thats life its all good

also i know u didnt do it for the money.. ofc i understand, but doesnt mean u shouldnt take it tho

i plain as day posted it wanting to see it, money usely talks, people will do stuff if u add a bit of coin

This post was edited by pun_godlike on Aug 25 2016 08:27pm
Gold: 119,903.34
Aug 26 2016 04:22am
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71888007&f=272

hardcore has a somewhat maintained list

we are cooler obviously

also are list isn't just graded by most ee or stats, it's also graded higher if it's has good enough side mods since 5-6 stats doesn't really make an item the best if say another item exists that would have crit strike/good amount of life or any other good enough side mod stat to give it more power.

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on Aug 26 2016 04:24am
Gold: 70,598.31
Aug 26 2016 10:08am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 26 Aug 2016 11:22)
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71888007&f=272

hardcore has a somewhat maintained list

we are cooler obviously

also are list isn't just graded by most ee or stats, it's also graded higher if it's has good enough side mods since 5-6 stats doesn't really make an item the best if say another item exists that would have crit strike/good amount of life or any other good enough side mod stat to give it more power.

yeah was a nice group effort lead by John (Labattblue) :)

:banana:

This post was edited by sp_patl on Aug 26 2016 10:15am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll