d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Fall Campaign > Wh, Senate, House Elections
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.31
Sep 6 2016 02:43pm
Another kitchen sink update of the W.H. race:

• Clinton's in Tampa, FL talking national security and touting her new policy book that lays out all her policy proposals for the country's future

• Trump's in Virginia Beach, VA discussing his plans for the Department of Veterans Affairs

• Everybody including the running mates were in OH yesterday, tomorrow Clinton and Trump head to NYC for a "Commander in Chief" forum. Clinton got out in front of that by releasing a new ad, "Sacrifice," to her national and FL/OH/VA/IA/NV buy; it showcases some of Trump's more outrageous veteran-related comments -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEqiNIPIPPQ

• Clinton raised a ridiculous $143 million in August. $62 mil went to HfA, which now has $68 mil COH (an increase of around $10 mil, which means they're still GAINING money on top of all the ads their campaign is running) while the other $84 mil went to the DNC and state parties. No August numbers from Trump yet, but he did announce that he raised $5 mil on the day of his trip to Mexico/Phoenix immigration speech, a new daily record for him

• Moody's Analytics released their August update of their economic model of the presidential race: a 332-206 win for Clinton -- http://thehill.com/policy/finance/294635-clinton-gains-ground-over-trump-in-economic-model

• Bernie Sanders stumped for Clinton in New Hampshire yesterday.

• The FBI released notes of the interview they conducted of Clinton re: her email practices, as she requested -- http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/here-are-fbis-files-hillary-clinton-email-investigation

Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 1 2016 09:37am)
Jay, how resourceful are you with regards to pulling early voting data from a by-election in a Canadian city?

You mean ballots that have actually been cast already in an election going on right now? Probably not very for another country. I like to try to follow elections in other countries to keep up on international relations but I tend to be too busy to do anything but find out the eventual winner the day that it happens. I try to watch some of the Canadian provincials (my wife was born there), as well as U.K., Germany, France, and Australia.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 6 2016 03:04pm
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 6 2016 03:43pm)

[*]Everybody including the running mates were in OH yesterday, tomorrow Clinton and Trump head to NYC for a "Commander in Chief" forum. Clinton got out in front of that by releasing a new ad, "Sacrifice," to her national and FL/OH/VA/IA/NV buy; it showcases some of Trump's more outrageous veteran-related comments -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEqiNIPIPPQ

I love all these Clinton ads... simple and effective.
Sep 6 2016 04:09pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 6 2016 02:04pm)
I love all these Clinton ads... simple and effective.

HfA has really taken it to the next level on the advertising front, their big investment in all things data and analytics has really paid off because I can see the use of micro-targeting in practically everything they do: they'll often come out with 4 or 5 ads at a time and then run them all in different states, or even in the same states but in different markets. It's insane how focused and voter-specific their pitches have become. I also give PUSA a ton of credit for what they've accomplished these past 2 years because they've been a frequent target of criticism. They got a really late start in 2012 and didn't raise a lot of money (mostly because of the late start), and what they've been able to do both on the air and on the ground is really, really impressive.

My big curiosity is: Clinton Inc. has spent a lot of time and money to develop some A+ attacks; are they planning on running those the rest of the way, or were they holding just a couple of the most-devastating bits of Trump's business record back now that we've reached Labor Day, so that they can advertise them to a larger audience? It's a good spot to be in when you don't honestly know the answer.
Gold: 285.00
Sep 6 2016 04:17pm
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 6 2016 05:09pm)
HfA has really taken it to the next level on the advertising front, their big investment in all things data and analytics has really paid off because I can see the use of micro-targeting in practically everything they do: they'll often come out with 4 or 5 ads at a time and then run them all in different states, or even in the same states but in different markets. It's insane how focused and voter-specific their pitches have become. I also give PUSA a ton of credit for what they've accomplished these past 2 years because they've been a frequent target of criticism. They got a really late start in 2012 and didn't raise a lot of money (mostly because of the late start), and what they've been able to do both on the air and on the ground is really, really impressive.

My big curiosity is: Clinton Inc. has spent a lot of time and money to develop some A+ attacks; are they planning on running those the rest of the way, or were they holding just a couple of the most-devastating bits of Trump's business record back now that we've reached Labor Day, so that they can advertise them to a larger audience? It's a good spot to be in when you don't honestly know the answer.

HRC is the machine personified.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2016 05:00pm
just saw a electoral map on cnn news it showed trump up by a few points but the electoral is another thing..it had her beating him 370+ to 180 ish...fucking crazy blowout
Gold: 260.11
Sep 6 2016 05:01pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Sep 6 2016 05:00pm)
just saw a electoral map on cnn news it showed trump up by a few points but the electoral is another thing..it had her beating him 370+ to 180 ish...fucking crazy blowout

What ?
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2016 05:04pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 6 2016 06:01pm)
What ?

just saw POLL on cnn news it showed trump up by a few points but the electoral is another thing..it had her beating him 370+ to 180 ish...fucking crazy blowout

fixed
Sep 7 2016 08:18am
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Sep 6 2016 04:04pm)
just saw POLL on cnn news it showed trump up by a few points but the electoral is another thing..it had her beating him 370+ to 180 ish...fucking crazy blowout

fixed

The one poll they referenced is the CNN/ORC survey that found Trump leading 45%-43%-7%-3%. It's their first use of a Likely Voter screen; helpfully they did include their RV sample which found Clinton leading 44%-41%. Either way, people are pointing out a lot of problems with it (party ID breakdown that's unrealistic for a presidential electorate, whites without a college degree oversampled) and this is one reason why CNN and other networks will analyze the entire Electoral College like what you saw: it's better to look at the totality of all polling in the aggregate, in addition to other metrics, in order to provide a more-comprehensive look at the race.

The Electoral College preview you saw depicting a large Clinton lead is based on a series of assumptions that most people see reason to hold onto even if Trump chips Clinton's lead from 8.5% to 5% in the polling aggregate. She has an inherent edge in the Electoral College, a large lead in fundraising and advertising, a massive lead in infrastructure, and the voting registration trends are very positive for her in the states. Trump has to start counteracting those Clinton advantages in addition to chipping away at her lead in polling in order to raise his chances of victory. Yesterday at his NC rally he promised he'd announce his August fundraising figures today, this would be a good time to turn the dynamic on that metric around. He also added "unfortunately, a lot of it came from me. What am I going to do?"
Gold: Locked
Sep 7 2016 01:23pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 6 2016 03:17pm)
HRC is the machine personified.

And that's why i don't support her.
Sep 7 2016 05:00pm
Just a quick kitchen sink update of the W.H. race. That's probably it for the next week, I'll try to have the tech pull together a kitchen sink update for the Senate races sometime in the next week.

Quote (Pollster @ Sep 7 2016 07:18am)
Yesterday at his NC rally he promised he'd announce his August fundraising figures today, this would be a good time to turn the dynamic on that metric around. He also added "unfortunately, a lot of it came from me. What am I going to do?"

In typical Trump fashion he didn't give us much of an answer: they claim to have raised a combined $90 mil between his campaign/joint RNC fundraising vehicles. That's a $10 mil increase from July but it trails Clinton's Aug haul by $53 mil. Trump also crucially didn't release his COH figure or indicate how much he self-funded this month which really makes this topline number hard to gauge on its own. In addition to relying on his own millions to patch holes monthly, Trump also relies heavily on direct mail, an incredibly-expensive fundraising technique that yields very little in net profit. We're probably not going to find out the real state of his campaign account until FEC time in 2 weeks.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll