d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Which Is More Dangerous For Women? > Fox News Or College Campuses
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,551.00
Aug 23 2016 08:55pm
Gold: 1.69
Aug 23 2016 09:31pm
If you guys think peopel who treat woman bad are strictly conservative or strictly liberal then just look at twitch or any other thing on the itnernet. most people on the internet are liberal and they treat woman like trash. its hilarious how hypocritical you people can be. ofc if this is the case the guys in fox are scummy, but i doubt they are the only ones
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 24 2016 01:41am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Aug 23 2016 06:09pm)

But if that's the case, and the issues really are decided for the foreseeable future, why fight the battle on abortion? Like gay marriage, that issue was decided by the Supreme Court (albeit a while back ago).

I understand the picking and choosing your battles aspect of all this, but I don't think it's true to say that the issues are decided for the foreseeable future. Seems like a way to reduce inner-conflict to me.

With enough effort, some of these decisions and issues could be reversed back in the Christian favor. But I imagine it would take electing a Republican president to nominate Conservative SCOTUS Justices to do that....but hey, we got a vacancy in the SCOTUS right now...and Hillary Clinton sure as hell won't nominate the types of Justices that will do what the religious right probably wants the SCOTUS to do.

There's only so much political capital available for fights. The religious right is against divorce, sodomy, premarital sex, gay marriage, etc. but isn't willing to put political resources into those fights. It makes much more sense to try and get the death penalty banned and to fight against doctor assisted suicide.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll