d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Is The Moon An Artificial Satelite? > Do Not Just Dismiss This
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.07
Warn: 20%
Aug 21 2016 05:04pm
I would like to serious debate this topic. I see posts like the world is flat and other things which are utterly ridiculous but Nikola Tesla himself said humans one day could create suns, planets, and even chose their size, shape, and distance from one another. I have a lot of information on this subject I will slowly discuss over time but let's start with one point...the fact that our moon is the only moon in solar system which makes a solar eclipse. The sun and moon are exactly the same size in our sky. The Moon is about 400 times smaller than the Sun, but it also just happens to be about 400 times closer. The result is that from Earth, they appear to be the same size.
Gold: 40.42
Aug 21 2016 05:05pm
It amazes me that so many allegedly "educated" people have fallen so quickly and so hard for a fraudulent fabrication of such laughable proportions. The very idea that a gigantic ball of rock happens to orbit our planet, showing itself in neat, four-week cycles -- with the same side facing us all the time -- is ludicrous. Furthermore, it is an insult to common sense and a damnable affront to intellectual honesty and integrity. That people actually believe it is evidence that the liberals have wrested the last vestiges of control of our public school system from decent, God-fearing Americans (as if any further evidence was needed! Daddy's Roommate? God Almighty!)

Documentaries such as Enemy of the State have accurately portrayed the elaborate, byzantine network of surveillance satellites that the liberals have sent into space to spy on law-abiding Americans. Equipped with technology developed by Handgun Control, Inc., these satellites have the ability to detect firearms from hundreds of kilometers up. That's right, neighbors .. the next time you're out in the backyard exercising your Second Amendment rights, the liberals will see it! These satellites are sensitive enough to tell the difference between a Colt .45 and a .38 Special! And when they detect you with a firearm, their computers cross-reference the address to figure out your name, and then an enormous database housed at Berkeley is updated with information about you.

Of course, this all works fine during the day, but what about at night? Even the liberals can't control the rotation of the Earth to prevent nightfall from setting in (only Joshua was able to ask for that particular favor!) That's where the "moon" comes in. Powered by nuclear reactors, the "moon" is nothing more than an enormous balloon, emitting trillions of candlepower of gun-revealing light. Piloted by key members of the liberal community, the "moon" is strategically moved across the country, pointing out those who dare to make use of their God-given rights at night!

Yes, I know this probably sounds paranoid and preposterous, but consider this. Despite what the revisionist historians tell you, there is no mention of the "moon" anywhere in literature or historical documents -- anywhere -- before 1950. That is when it was initially launched. When President Josef Kennedy, at the State of the Union address, proclaimed "We choose to go to the moon", he may as well have said "We choose to go to the weather balloon." The subsequent faking of a "moon" landing on national TV was the first step in a long history of the erosion of our constitutional rights by leftists in this country. No longer can we hide from our government when the sun goes down.

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on Aug 21 2016 05:16pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 21 2016 05:07pm
i wish i were special enough to be truman show'd
Gold: 3.33
Aug 21 2016 05:07pm
I'd have to ask card sultan before I formulated my own opinion on this
Gold: 7,271.48
Aug 21 2016 05:10pm
Yes it is, a previous super advanced civilization of humans made it and then disappeared mysteriously leaving no record of their existence.
Gold: 152.00
Aug 21 2016 05:12pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Aug 21 2016 07:05pm)
Yes, I know this probably sounds paranoid and preposterous, but consider this. Despite what the revisionist historians tell you, there is no mention of the "moon" anywhere in literature or historical documents -- anywhere -- before 1950. That is when it was initially launched.

Best part of the pasta. I know my grandpa doesn't remember the moon.
Gold: 40.42
Aug 21 2016 05:17pm
Quote (Voyaging @ 21 Aug 2016 15:12)
Best part of the pasta. I know my grandpa doesn't remember the moon.

LMFAO, so amazing. No mention of the moon in Shakespeare or anything dumb, that's for sure.

My personal fave is "Documentaries like Enemy of the State."
Gold: 181.99
Aug 21 2016 05:19pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Aug 21 2016 04:12pm)
I know my grandpa doesn't remember the moon.

NASA shill
Gold: 4.77
Aug 21 2016 05:23pm

Three hundred years ago in 1692, an article by Edmond Halley proposed that the Earth was hollow. Its theory was based on the value of lunar relative density given by Isaac Newton.
The first edition of Newton’s Principia (1687) found that “... the mass of the Moon will be to the mass of the Earth as 1 to 26, approximately”, citing the relative densities of Moon to Earth as 9 to 5.
This value of lunar relative mass was in excess by a factor of three, as the true mass ratio is 1:81. Arguably the most significant error in the Principia’s Book III, it left an ultra-dense Moon circling our Earth.
Edmond Halley simply invoked these figures: “Sir Isaac Newton has demonstrated the Moon to be more solid than our Earth, as 9 to 5; why may we not then suppose four ninths of our globe to be cavity?” It is remarkable that so erroneous a figure, having such unlikely implications, could be thus presented without need for further justification.
Halley’s theory appeared as the first significant deduction to be drawn from the Principia.

Newton’s estimate of lunar relative density was derived from the relative tideraising powers of the Sun and Moon.
The Principia had ascertained fairly well the relative density of the Sun, as a quarter that of the Earth (Book III, Prop. 37, Cor. 3), and so by comparing the components of tidal attraction of the two luminaries the lunar relative density was thereby inferred.
This was a quite valid method, as shown by the way that French theoretical astronomers used it in the mid-eighteenth century to obtain their estimates of lunar relative mass.
However, the Principia’s treatment thereof went greatly astray.
It started from the difference between spring and neap tides which occurred twice each month, taking data from Plymouth and in the Bristol channel that gave that ratio as 41 to 23, or 9 to 5.

Newton apprehended (in Proposition 37) that the tide-raising forces of the Sun and Moon varied inversely as the cube of their distances from Earth: only thus would the Moon have a stronger attraction for the tides than the Sun.
It was evident to Newton that the solar gravity pull (varying inversely as the square of the distance) was several hundred times stronger than that of the Moon, whatever assumptions about relative densities were made.
The Principia’s tidal argument hinged upon this inverse-cube relationship, with little by way of demonstration.
Its method of inferring lunar relative density from such considerations would have baffled his contemporaries.
Astronomy textbooks by Newtonians such as Whiston and Gregory in the early eighteenth century omitted this argument, for they had no means of following it.

The Principia formulated the equation (S+L)/(S-L) = 9/5, where S and L were tide-raising vectors varying inversely as the cube of distance.
Newton apprehended that the ratio involved differentials or gravity field gradients across the Earth and not the forces as such; and that these would sum to maximum values at both the full and new moon positions, but subtract as vectors when the forces were at right angles to each other, that is, at the quadrature positions.
This is all quite impressive, and solving the above equation would have given him L:S = 3.5:1, far less disastrous than his final result.
For comparison, the astronomically correct ratio of the tide-raising powers of the Moon and Sun is 2.17:1, though we may note that the mean value of this ratio around the shores of Britain is slightly over three to one, as the extent to which the solar (12 hour) and lunar (12.4 hour) diurnal rhythms resonate in the sea varies with local geography.

It was glowing, glowing, glowing
Glowing in the dark
It was sparkling, sparkling, sparkling
Sparking in the night
I took the law & threw it away
Cause there's nothing wrong
It's just for play
There's no law, no law anymore
I want to steal from the rich and
Give to the poor
Winter turns to summer
Sadness turns to fun
Keep the faith, baby
You broke the rules and won
Sha-la-la-la

Instead of solving this equation, Newton inserted various adjustments, of somewhat doubtful astronomical significance, bringing the L:S ratio to 6.3:1. In the Principia’s second edition of 1713, the computation was emended to give an Earth/Moon mass ratio of 39.371 to 1, which became in the third edition 39.788 to 1, thereby reducing its lunar mass estimate to merely 100% in excess of the correct value.
From this estimate the second edition obtained a baricentre position (i.e. common centre of gravity of the Earth-Moon system), misplacing it as permanently outside the Earth.
Scholars normally refer only to the second and third editions in the context of lunar theory, and I have found no mention of the first edition’s 1:26 Moon/Earth mass ratio estimate in the literature.
But developments after the first edition were not used by Halley in his advocacy of a hollow Earth, and we will not refer to them in what follows.
Halley viewed Newton’s tidal theory as one of the finest achievements of the Principia’s first edition, as the two reviews he wrote for it make clear.

If you're really interested in journeying down the path of anti-establishment insanity & need solid ground to stand on, take a couple thermometers out tonight and measure the moon light were it impacts the earth vs. where the moon light is shaded.
Once you go black, ya don't go back.
Gold: 181.99
Aug 21 2016 05:25pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Aug 21 2016 04:23pm)
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fH7BjIzXWOg/hqdefault.jpg

Three hundred years ago in 1692, an article by Edmond Halley proposed that the Earth was hollow. Its theory was based on the value of lunar relative density given by Isaac Newton.
The first edition of Newton’s Principia (1687) found that “... the mass of the Moon will be to the mass of the Earth as 1 to 26, approximately”, citing the relative densities of Moon to Earth as 9 to 5.
This value of lunar relative mass was in excess by a factor of three, as the true mass ratio is 1:81. Arguably the most significant error in the Principia’s Book III, it left an ultra-dense Moon circling our Earth.
Edmond Halley simply invoked these figures: “Sir Isaac Newton has demonstrated the Moon to be more solid than our Earth, as 9 to 5; why may we not then suppose four ninths of our globe to be cavity?” It is remarkable that so erroneous a figure, having such unlikely implications, could be thus presented without need for further justification.
Halley’s theory appeared as the first significant deduction to be drawn from the Principia.

Newton’s estimate of lunar relative density was derived from the relative tideraising powers of the Sun and Moon.
The Principia had ascertained fairly well the relative density of the Sun, as a quarter that of the Earth (Book III, Prop. 37, Cor. 3), and so by comparing the components of tidal attraction of the two luminaries the lunar relative density was thereby inferred.
This was a quite valid method, as shown by the way that French theoretical astronomers used it in the mid-eighteenth century to obtain their estimates of lunar relative mass.
However, the Principia’s treatment thereof went greatly astray.
It started from the difference between spring and neap tides which occurred twice each month, taking data from Plymouth and in the Bristol channel that gave that ratio as 41 to 23, or 9 to 5.

http://f4.bcbits.com/img/a0509127636_10.jpg

Newton apprehended (in Proposition 37) that the tide-raising forces of the Sun and Moon varied inversely as the cube of their distances from Earth: only thus would the Moon have a stronger attraction for the tides than the Sun.
It was evident to Newton that the solar gravity pull (varying inversely as the square of the distance) was several hundred times stronger than that of the Moon, whatever assumptions about relative densities were made.
The Principia’s tidal argument hinged upon this inverse-cube relationship, with little by way of demonstration.
Its method of inferring lunar relative density from such considerations would have baffled his contemporaries.
Astronomy textbooks by Newtonians such as Whiston and Gregory in the early eighteenth century omitted this argument, for they had no means of following it.

The Principia formulated the equation (S+L)/(S-L) = 9/5, where S and L were tide-raising vectors varying inversely as the cube of distance.
Newton apprehended that the ratio involved differentials or gravity field gradients across the Earth and not the forces as such; and that these would sum to maximum values at both the full and new moon positions, but subtract as vectors when the forces were at right angles to each other, that is, at the quadrature positions.
This is all quite impressive, and solving the above equation would have given him L:S = 3.5:1, far less disastrous than his final result.
For comparison, the astronomically correct ratio of the tide-raising powers of the Moon and Sun is 2.17:1, though we may note that the mean value of this ratio around the shores of Britain is slightly over three to one, as the extent to which the solar (12 hour) and lunar (12.4 hour) diurnal rhythms resonate in the sea varies with local geography.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jbbbLVmCU

It was glowing, glowing, glowing
Glowing in the dark
It was sparkling, sparkling, sparkling
Sparking in the night
I took the law & threw it away
Cause there's nothing wrong
It's just for play
There's no law, no law anymore
I want to steal from the rich and
Give to the poor
Winter turns to summer
Sadness turns to fun
Keep the faith, baby
You broke the rules and won
Sha-la-la-la

Instead of solving this equation, Newton inserted various adjustments, of somewhat doubtful astronomical significance, bringing the L:S ratio to 6.3:1. In the Principia’s second edition of 1713, the computation was emended to give an Earth/Moon mass ratio of 39.371 to 1, which became in the third edition 39.788 to 1, thereby reducing its lunar mass estimate to merely 100% in excess of the correct value.
From this estimate the second edition obtained a baricentre position (i.e. common centre of gravity of the Earth-Moon system), misplacing it as permanently outside the Earth.
Scholars normally refer only to the second and third editions in the context of lunar theory, and I have found no mention of the first edition’s 1:26 Moon/Earth mass ratio estimate in the literature.
But developments after the first edition were not used by Halley in his advocacy of a hollow Earth, and we will not refer to them in what follows.
Halley viewed Newton’s tidal theory as one of the finest achievements of the Principia’s first edition, as the two reviews he wrote for it make clear.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6uZ9B_iMG5k/maxresdefault.jpg

If you're really interested in journeying down the path of anti-establishment insanity & need solid ground to stand on, take a couple thermometers out tonight and measure the moon light were it impacts the earth vs. where the moon light is shaded.
Once you go black, ya don't go back.

Is there some sort of handbook for reading your posts?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll