d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Black Lives Matter Uk > Wtf
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 22 2016 01:56pm
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 22 2016 03:28pm)
Brexit was motivated by xenophobia for some people, for others it was sovereignty. A pretty even split I'd say.

This is what irks me about Brexit. Don't misunderstand me, quite a few votes were indeed motivated by racism, but not nearly as many as people believe. And the entire "God save the Queen" nonsense is equally dire.

Me, and an awful lot of people who I spoke to and voted the same as me don't give a shit about who comes over here, what we care about is the effect it has on how much we can get paid. The VAST majority of foreigners I've worked with (and there have been MANY) have been nice, hardworking guys and girls. The trouble is, most are here for the increase in wages in relation to what they would get back home. In Poland, £7/hour makes you a king, it doesn't in England.

I worked my arse through years of financial struggles to get the qualification I have to be able to do my job, a job that should be good enough to financially support me and my partner. It doesn't. Firstly, because why hire someone to do a skilled job when there is someone who is willing to do it for £7/hr and secondly, house prices in the area where I've lived my entire life, and intend to stay, skyrocket through the roof because of an unnatural population increase.

It's not about kicking ol' johny foreigner out, it's about having some control over numbers so the people of Britain can have a half decent life before helping build houses in Poland/Romania etc etc.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll