d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > This Is A "female" Athelete
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Aug 22 2016 03:28am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 22 2016 05:13am)
I'm transfluid. I'm gender fluid and moleculefluid. I am a different type of fluid compound and different gender depending on how I feel that day. Tuesdays I'm usually male water, Fridays I alternate between male and female hexane. Saturday afternoon female water, etc.

But be damned if you assume im male water on tuesday. Only I can make that decision
Gold: 42.00
Aug 22 2016 03:32am
ama
Gold: 3.33
Aug 22 2016 03:39am
Alex, why would you not support gender testing athletes but instead take their test levels? The governing body allowed Semenya to compete because scientific evidence shows testosterone isn't hugely advantageous unless you have a vast amount of extra testosterone - steroids are so effective not because testosterone is an amazing PED but because they take so much of it that it causes an anabolic effect. Now compare that to genetic testing, which isn't a doctor checking your pee pee, but chromosomal checking, blood testing and monitoring endocrine functions.

The difference in athletic performance between men and woman is far, far more than just levels of testosterone, so to monitor test levels without doing gender tests is naive in my opinion. Men on average have far stronger connective tissues, stronger joints and cartilage, larger organs, more efficient cardiovascular systems, and a larger surface area therefore allowing a higher ceiling on the muscle their bodies can hold. This makes it important to thoroughly test whether an athlete is male or female using the above methodology.

It would be unfair for Semenya to compete as a man, end of story. However at 3x the testosterone levels of a normal woman it should be considered performance enhancing which can be rectified by hormone replacement therapy, therefore allowing her to compete with women. There you go, case closed.

This post was edited by dro94 on Aug 22 2016 03:47am
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 22 2016 05:41am
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 22 2016 02:12am)
Do we really need to wait for the olympics to be made a mockery first? Here's one example already a go. It might be a rare event, but the world is big and this line is exploitable, every country can collect their genetic aberrations and be able to field intersex runners who trounce the biological females. I don't think we should be waiting for the olympics to be flooded with hermaphrodites with the physical capabilities of men and biological status of women before banning it

I don't think there is any assurance that a transsexual will inherently beat all females. you need to find one who's also a committed world class athlete to take advantage of that leg up. Its not as if we can take a transsexual, train them for a year, and they'll trounce people who have trained for life. So we're talking about an incredibly rare specimen.

To me it comes down to condemning this one person's ability to compete, as they clearly won't compete in the men's. And despite her being dominant I think that's preferable to personally condemned.
Gold: 2,749.09
Warn: 20%
Aug 22 2016 06:14am
the one on the left is lil wayne
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll