d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Long Range - 3 Gun - Comp - Reloading > Everything In Between
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.60
Aug 23 2016 06:54am
Quote (Texecutioner @ Aug 23 2016 01:17am)
Your right a tax stamp is the way to go.
Paperwork is in order and will be sent off once the rifle is complete.
I agree as far as respecting the laws... But an AR pistol breaks no laws with a brace...
If a LEO is uneducated and decides to tell me a brace is a stock then it will be a big pain in the ass but in the long run i will win the case if there is any.. As long as im not breaking any laws i cannot be charged with one... A "brace" is not a stock.. And there will be a no stocks anywhere in sight for case of argument.
Matter fact i dont even plan on taking the thing out until i can actually put a stock on it and take it to the range.
If a Rangemaster is uneducated then i will simply just leave the range because there is no point in arguing.. There range...There rules.
Personally i like the sig brace for a AR pistol... its kind of one of those guns that is just really fun to shoot... kind of like the Intratec AB10... except the AR isnt ugly as hell and doent misfeed left and right but either way its fun as hell to shoot when it actually shoots lol

I respect and agree with what you said and im very away of the consequence of getting cought with a SBR... But a AR pistol is an AR pistol... They sell them over the counter with normal 4473 and no required stamp because its LEGAL.

Yes I know pistols are legal
People are using the arm brace to get around the SBR requirement of a tax stamp
That's a loophole
And as far as I know, the only thing that classifies the arm brace not a stock even though used as one, is a letter from an official
It isn't actually written in the gun laws as far as I know
So one day, an official can easily turn around and say that the arm brace is considered a stock and then you're screwed
Yes you will win an argument with a range officer and you will most likely win a court case if taken to court because of the uneducated
But why go through all of that when you can just do it the right way and enjoy your freedom without 0 hassle or worries

People are free to do what they want but no matter how you look at it(and you can ask any gunstore/ffl dealer/gun enthusiast), using the arm brace as a stock to bypass the tax stamp is a loophole you are taking advantage of

This post was edited by itzpookiie on Aug 23 2016 07:00am
Gold: 19.06
Aug 23 2016 05:19pm
Quote (itzpookiie @ Aug 23 2016 07:54am)
Yes I know pistols are legal
People are using the arm brace to get around the SBR requirement of a tax stamp
That's a loophole
And as far as I know, the only thing that classifies the arm brace not a stock even though used as one, is a letter from an official
It isn't actually written in the gun laws as far as I know
So one day, an official can easily turn around and say that the arm brace is considered a stock and then you're screwed
Yes you will win an argument with a range officer and you will most likely win a court case if taken to court because of the uneducated
But why go through all of that when you can just do it the right way and enjoy your freedom without 0 hassle or worries

People are free to do what they want but no matter how you look at it(and you can ask any gunstore/ffl dealer/gun enthusiast), using the arm brace as a stock to bypass the tax stamp is a loophole you are taking advantage of

I think you have misunderstood me based on your last sentence.
Your 100% right... If you use a Brace for a stock then you can most definitely be charged with a crime.. and have alot of headache coming your way.
Its not a stock, its a brace and when used correctly its legal if you think you can use it as a stock as a loophole you would be mistaken. the moment you fire that pistol from the shoulder your committing a crime.
Truth be told I love the Sig Brace and the proper way to shoot with it. I would rather keep the sig brace on the 7.62 so i dont need a stamp for it.
From the folks i have talked to the ATF actually highly approves of the sig brace because when used properly it assures that your staying within your legal boundries.. Since it would be kind of hard to fire such a short rifle from the shoulder thats strapped to your forearm

Everything i Do is legal, but please dont take me as that guy who thinks that i can put a brace on a pistol and shoot from the shoulder as a loophole because thats not me. If i have a pistol it will be shot properly and within my legal limits.
Like i said i really love this sig brace on this rifle and i plan to keep it like this, No need for a stamp. Going to start another build soon tho it will be a 5.56 and i bought the lower today also filled out my paperwork i will send it off sometime this week.
Once everything is in line i should have the rest of the parts im missing and ill throw it together but until then since i do plan on having a stock i will wait to even assemble until everything comes back.

This post was edited by Texecutioner on Aug 23 2016 05:20pm
Gold: 689.00
Aug 24 2016 04:52am
Great idea, post updates/photos of your project!
Gold: 3.60
Aug 24 2016 04:55am
Quote (Texecutioner @ Aug 23 2016 11:19pm)
I think you have misunderstood me based on your last sentence.
Your 100% right... If you use a Brace for a stock then you can most definitely be charged with a crime.. and have alot of headache coming your way.
Its not a stock, its a brace and when used correctly its legal if you think you can use it as a stock as a loophole you would be mistaken. the moment you fire that pistol from the shoulder your committing a crime.
Truth be told I love the Sig Brace and the proper way to shoot with it. I would rather keep the sig brace on the 7.62 so i dont need a stamp for it.
From the folks i have talked to the ATF actually highly approves of the sig brace because when used properly it assures that your staying within your legal boundries.. Since it would be kind of hard to fire such a short rifle from the shoulder thats strapped to your forearm

Everything i Do is legal, but please dont take me as that guy who thinks that i can put a brace on a pistol and shoot from the shoulder as a loophole because thats not me. If i have a pistol it will be shot properly and within my legal limits.
Like i said i really love this sig brace on this rifle and i plan to keep it like this, No need for a stamp. Going to start another build soon tho it will be a 5.56 and i bought the lower today also filled out my paperwork i will send it off sometime this week.
Once everything is in line i should have the rest of the parts im missing and ill throw it together but until then since i do plan on having a stock i will wait to even assemble until everything comes back.

When I said you earlier, I meant you as in people and not you directly
And I hate to break it to you but you are able to shoot the Sig Arm Brace from the shoulder as a stock legally as of now
If you want more info on this, just ask your local FFL dealer
Because the arm brace is not "classified" as a stock, it is not considered illegal to use it as a stock according to a letter from an ATF official
That is why it's such a hot item at FFL dealers because it's a loophole people are taking advantage of
BUT like I said, you are walking on thin ice if you take this route because even if you do not plan to shoot it from the shoulder, at any moment the ATF can turn around and say that the arm brace is now considered a stock and then you're at risk in an instant
No where is it written that the arm brace is a stock or that it's legal or illegal to shoot from the shoulder so it becomes a "he/she said" and the only backup people have is a letter from the ATF that is posted online

I know you follow the rules but this is just saying to everyone out there who doesnt
Do it the correct way and pay the $200 tax stamp
6 months is shorter than you think and saves you a lot of trouble

plus if you get the tax stamp you get this bad ass stock option

This post was edited by itzpookiie on Aug 24 2016 05:04am
Aug 24 2016 05:01pm
Quote (itzpookiie @ Aug 24 2016 05:55am)
When I said you earlier, I meant you as in people and not you directly
And I hate to break it to you but you are able to shoot the Sig Arm Brace from the shoulder as a stock legally as of now
If you want more info on this, just ask your local FFL dealer
Because the arm brace is not "classified" as a stock, it is not considered illegal to use it as a stock according to a letter from an ATF official
That is why it's such a hot item at FFL dealers because it's a loophole people are taking advantage of
BUT like I said, you are walking on thin ice if you take this route because even if you do not plan to shoot it from the shoulder, at any moment the ATF can turn around and say that the arm brace is now considered a stock and then you're at risk in an instant
No where is it written that the arm brace is a stock or that it's legal or illegal to shoot from the shoulder so it becomes a "he/she said" and the only backup people have is a letter from the ATF that is posted online

I know you follow the rules but this is just saying to everyone out there who doesnt
Do it the correct way and pay the $200 tax stamp
6 months is shorter than you think and saves you a lot of trouble

plus if you get the tax stamp you get this bad ass stock option
http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/M7A1-PDW-STOCK-KIT.jpg

I was under the impression that the minute you fired from the shoulder without the stamp you were in violation of the law.
I have spoke to several FFL's, my local shop is my home away from home so we chat frequently.
like i said tho i have finished this 7.62 pistol build and i plan on keeping the sig brace on it because i do like it alot but in the near future i may as well send off the info incase i ever want to change it.
That being said the next build is gonna be another shorty but chambered in 5.56 and i do plan on it being a SBR. I have the paperwork all filled out and the lower is bought. I plan on sending the info away this weekend hopefully.

That is pretty badass.... i bet the price tag on that is pretty expensive! lol
have you seen the franklin armory bfs?
Gold: 94,342.38
Aug 27 2016 06:11am
Quote (Terps @ Aug 20 2016 02:20pm)
Wow that sounds really gay

almost as gay as that flabby stomach in your profile pic
Aug 28 2016 12:09pm
Well now the Pistol build is complete im working on a 16' 5.56 build since i had a few extra parts laying around.
anderson Lower receiver, Aero stripped upper receiver, 16' melonite 1:8 twist 5.56 radical fireamrs barrel all sitting around being unused
Also bought a cmmg LPK, Mil-Spec Buffer tube/kit all about to be installed.
After a ton of debate i found a handguard and a BCG. The handguard is a Matrix arms 15" charlie keymod rail.
I found the rail very cheap so we will see how the installation goes... I will end up replacing it down the road.
I found a good priced Mil-Spec full auto BCG at the local shop and i purchased it because im impatient.... I have since found a seller for a FailZero nickel boron BCG for 100$... Going to meet him later to buy it and ill either sell or keep the other one.
The only parts i need to finish this is a Charging handle, Dust Cover, and a stock.

Would really like to put everything together but i gotta wait because i plan on dropping off the stripped upper, handguard, stock and a few other parts to get a nice paint job.
once it all comes back ill post up some results!
Aug 28 2016 12:12pm
Here is the 7.62x39 build pic & info
Note: picture was taken before i put my sig brace on.

Radical Firearms 7.62x39 upper - 7.5" barrel ($379.99)
- Seekins Precision MCSR V2 keymod rail system ($146.99)
- Radical Firearms chrome lined 7.62x39 BCG ($129.99)
- Radical Firearms charging handle ($14.99)
- KAK Industry micro slimline flash can ($25.00)
- Strike Industries LINK curved foregrip ($35.95)
- Strike Industries enhanced ultimate dust cover ($12.56)
- Schuster Mfg delrin forward assist plug ($8.49)
- Wolff XP Extra Power buffer spring ($12.99)
- Wolff XP Extra Power hammer spring ($4.99)
- BCM keymod rail covers on sides
- Ergo ladder rail covers on top

This post was edited by Texecutioner on Aug 28 2016 12:13pm
Go Back To Sports Coliseum Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll