d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Ryan's Blog Is Better Than Ever, Baby... > The New And Improved Captain's Log!
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 39.70
Aug 19 2016 03:36am

I decided to create a new random blog to discuss anything and everything. No doubt about it.
Sports, movies, TV shows, music, entertainment and especially PC gaming, gifs and memes.
I'll probably limit the discussions on boring politics but even that is open for a lightly chatter.

This particular blog is all for fun and hopefully I can make you smile and laugh. That is all you really need to make it through the day sometimes. I would like to befriend everybody in a positive way. Whether you know me or not please feel free to contact me for any advise. I'm always willing to listen and share with you my expertise and experiences on any subject.

A wise man once said, perhaps it was me that said it, but there is nothing more valuable than having a good time.
Aug 19 2016 06:46am
Good morning and TGIF! Have a fun-filled Friday and enjoy the weekend!

My favorite PC game, Marvel Heroes 2016 (action MMORPG), is having a patch update later today. I'll probably play for a few minutes later in the afternoon time. I'm excited about the 59th playable hero, Angela, that will be released by the end of this month. I have to save up 400 eternity splinters so that I can afford to unlock her in the game.

I had recently unlocked the new team-up hero, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) for 400 eternity splinters which set me back.

So far I have 38 playable heroes and 17 team-up heroes on my roster. Which is a pretty good size overall. I've still got a ways to go to access every playable hero and team-up hero that this amazing game has to offer, but with my slow and steady approach I'm bound to reach my in-game goals sooner or later.

Since I started playing Marvel Heroes 2016, I haven't really played Diablo II, Diablo III or Path of Exile all that much.
All three of those games are downloaded on my personal gaming laptop but I'm not sure if I'm going to play them again.

If you haven't seen the Daredevil series on Netflix I'd highly recommend it to all my friends. It's one of the best TV series that I've seen in a long time. I've seen every episode a couple times over just to make sure I didn't miss anything and sure enough it's even better the second time around. You have plenty of time to catch up to the first two seasons because it's going to be a while before the season three premier.

I'll also be watching the Houston Texans versus New Orleans Saints NFL preseason game on Saturday Night at 7 PM.
Aug 21 2016 10:17am

Welcome to the big leagues, Yulieski Gurriel!
The Houston Astros finally called up the 32-year-old Cuban star.
After signing him to a five-year deal worth $47.5 million last month.

He's making his first career Major League appearance today. DH'ing and hitting sixth in the batting order.

1. George Springer (R) RF
2. Alex Bregman (R) 3B
3. Jose Altuve (R) 2B
4. Carlos Correa (R) SS
5. Evan Gattis (R) C
6. Yulieski Gurriel (R) DH
7. A.J. Reed (L) 1B
8. Marwin Gonzalez (S) LF
9. Teoscar Hernandez (R) CF

It's been a wild 2016 season for the Houston Astros because they've had as many as 11 rookies on their roster this season. They've been trying to remain competitive despite several losing streaks and struggles all throughout the year. At one point they were buried in last place in the AL West and appeared to be well on their way to a 90-loss season.

But to their credit and due to a lot of resiliency they have a winning record of 63-60 up to this point.

With a win today at Baltimore (their third in a row) the Astros could be only 3.5 games out of the second wild-card spot in the American League. There are six teams all fighting for that final playoff spot so it won't be easy. Whether or not they can make a late-season push toward the playoffs is secondary to the fact that they have a lot of young talent which seems to be improving.

22-year-old Alex Bregman, for example, only hit 2-for-38 in his first 38 at-bats in the Major Leagues but in the past six games he's hitting .393 with 11 hits total: 3 home runs and 9 RBIs. He's really come on strong as of late and is proving to be a good #2 hitter in the lineup. Likewise for fellow rookies, A.J. Reed, Tyler White and Toescar Hernandez. They're all starting to look more comfortable as they gain more experience. While young stars like George Springer and Carlos Correa continue to set the pace atop the lineup.

Jose Altuve is undoubtedly the 2016 American League MVP this year.
Hitting a Major League best .366 with 20 home runs, 81 RBIs and a .426 on-base percentage right now.
An OPS at 1.009 which is unreal for the 5'6, 165-pound second baseball. What he does game to game is fun to watch.
He also has 36 doubles and 26 stolen bases. A WAR of 7.45 (second best in the game) behind only superstar Mike Trout.

Anyways, I hope Dallas Keuchel can pitch a good ballgame today. The Astros need him to step up and pick up a much needed win. I'm having fun watching every Houston Astros game. Even if they miss the playoffs in 2016, I know that they'll have a good chance to accomplish even bigger and better things in 2017 and 2018. The immediate future looks promising for this team.

I could go on and on discussing this team. I like the direction they're going in even if they had a lot of setbacks this year. Sometimes you have to take your lumps and handle some adversity through losing before you become a champion. That is what makes the process all the more sweeter if you appreciate the struggles before the success.

I'll discuss the Houston Texans and Houston Rockets on my blog as the 2016 NFL and NBA season get underway.
Aug 25 2016 09:34pm

Angela made her debut on Marvel Heroes 2016 earlier today and I finally unlocked her.
It took me into the evening hours to save up the 400 eternity splinters that i needed.

I'm glad I did because she's a lot of fun to play. I leveled her up to level 32 so far and I feel excited!
She is the 59th playable hero in the game: I'm still getting used to her playing style and skills.

I plan to cosmic prestige her eventually but it will take me a while.
At the moment, I am juggling several other heroes, on the cosmic path to level 60.

And I joined a new Supergroup called "League of Assassins" with a large group of guild mates: Too many to count.
Anytime I play I can always chat with several others anytime I need help. I was soloing for the longest time in this game.

It's sort of fitting because Angela is from Asgard and I'm officially the Asgardian Assassin.
Aug 30 2016 02:25pm
A few Chuck Norris stamps that I had personally made a long time ago.
Just keeping track of them before I lose them again. He'll always be the best.

I was having a water brand discussion with my buddy, wraps.
And I joked that his roundhouse kicks can supply a waterfall of pain!

Aug 30 2016 08:59pm
Three old avatars that I had lurking in the vault somewhere over the rainbow.
Classic Black Widow (Marvel Heroes), Superman versus Super Saiyan Goku and Robin.

I would use any of them right now but I've been pleased with my Harley Quinn.
Sep 8 2016 11:10am
I haven't posted a blog entry in a little over week. I've been feeling under the weather lately.
I'm also trying to relax a little more and allowing each and every day to write my own story.
As some of you may or may not know I'm a passionate writer at heart and it's what I do.

My main priorities right now have to shift a little bit but I'll be around here and there.
Hopefully I can get back to having fun and spending more time on-line. D2jsp is in my DNA!

But I'll make this a quick blog entry just before lunch (not really), but I wanted to touch on three things for today.

1. The #6 ranked Houston Cougars are the toast of the college football world right now.
They have defeated Florida State (Peach Bowl last year) and Oklahoma to begin this year.
People will criticize their weak schedule but you can't deny that they defeated two strong programs.
Hopefully U of H will finally receive their much anticipated invitation to the Big 12 Conference next year.

2. The Houston Texans host the Chicago Bears on Sunday at 12 noontime to kick off their 2016 NFL season.
I'm looking forward to watching this young and talented team this year. I truly believe they can succeed.
The offense has plenty of speed and quickness, the defense is heavy hitting and their special teams are reliable.
We clearly have the most talent in our division which should result in another AFC South division title.
Super Bowl 51 will be played at NRG Stadium here in Houston, Texas on February 5. The big game is waiting for us!

3. The Houston Astros are putting up a good fight down the stretch this season despite several key injuries.
We lost our best starting pitcher Lance McCullers, and most recently Dallas Keuchel and Carlos Correa.
It's going to be impressive if they're able to win a wild-card spot but I'm proud of them even if they don't make the playoffs.
I can't say enough about the MVP year Jose Altuve is having and the amazing progression of rookie Alex Bregman.

I'm trying to enjoy every game the best I can, win or lose, and I'll be watching a lot of sports this weekend.
And also the Houston Rockets will begin their preseason action on October 2 against the Shanghai Sharks.
It will be a fun International exhibition against the Chinese basketball team that Yao Ming currently owns.
Gold: 3,000.00
Warn: 40%
Sep 8 2016 11:58am
Hai Rhino
Sep 9 2016 05:56pm
I'm about to watch the Astros versus Cubs game. The Cubs have the best record in baseball this year.
Carlos Correa is still out with inflammation in his shoulder and it will be his third straight game missed.

1. George Springer, DH (R)
2. Alex Bregman, SS (R)
3. Jose Altuve, 2B (R)
4. Yulieski Gurriel, 3B (R)
5. Evan Gattis, C (R)
6. Marwin Gonzalez, 1B (S)
7. Colby Rasmus, LF (L)
8. Teoscar Hernandez, RF (R)
9. Jake Marisnick, CF (R)
SP: Joe Musgrove, RHP

That's probably the best lineup we can put together under the circumstances with Carlos Correa still not playing. On the plus side it allows Alex Bregman to move to his natural position at shortstop and Yulieski Gurriel is able to play his natural position at third base.

It's been a bittersweet year for the Astros. They will finish with a winning record but will probably come up short of making the playoffs.

I'm starting to think they may soon shut down Lance McCullers and Dallas Keuchel for the rest of the season.
Both of our best starting pitchers have been on the disabled list and there's only 22 games left to play this year.

I can't wait for the MLB off-season and especially free agency this winter when the Astros can focus on improving their weaknesses.
Another middle-of-the-order bat (DH type slugger) would certainly help. Along with another reliable starting pitcher (innings eater).

I'm also excited to watch the #6 ranked Houston Cougars playing the Lamar Cardinals at 11 AM tomorrow morning.
It should be a game they win quite easily for a 2-0 record, but they still have to take care of business and get the job done.

The Cougars play a tough road game at Cincinnati on Thursday Night Football on ESPN the following week. And then the Houston Cougars play the Louisville Cardinals (the #13 ranked Cardinals) later this season which will offer up a better challenge. One that will actually earn them some good recognition around the country if they win.

If the Houston Cougars can finish off a perfect 13-0 season, including a win in the AAC championship game (American Athletic Conference) that could earn them a highly coveted final four appearance in the College Football Playoffs, where they will have a chance to play for a National Championship if they win two games in that playoff bracket.

So basically the Houston Cougars Football team is striving for a flawless 15-0 National Championship season. It will be difficult because they aren't viewed as a national powerhouse given their weak schedule in a smaller conference. But by defeating two highly ranked powerhouse football programs like Florida State from the ACC in last year's Peach Bowl, and then being victorious against the #3 ranked Oklahoma Sooners by double digits from the Big 12 to begin this year, certainly can open up some eyes and prove the doubters wrong.

It's all about respect for the Houston Cougars. Their football program is becoming something special. It's a lot of fun to watch.
They've had two straight recruiting classes that can rival any team in the country. Tom Herman is an excellent head coach.
The Big 12 Conference will likely invite the University of Houston to join them sometime soon. Either by 2017 or 2018.
Gold: 1,590.64
Sep 9 2016 06:11pm
Good blog ty
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic