d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > #nolivesmatter > Yep
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,720.48
Aug 18 2016 04:44pm
Quote (dirTyMan @ Aug 18 2016 06:31pm)
Nobody cares about you either.

I know it's a harsh reality, but that's life bud.

You can stop projecting at any time chuckles.

Quote (Voyaging @ Aug 18 2016 06:42pm)
I dunno I think it was a currency joke actually.

Perhaps, still cheap. :p I'd peel off a c-note at least.

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Aug 18 2016 04:45pm
Gold: 3.33
Aug 18 2016 04:47pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Aug 18 2016 11:44pm)
Perhaps, still cheap. :p I'd peel off a c-note at least.

Nice projecting
Gold: 285.00
Aug 18 2016 04:47pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Aug 18 2016 05:36pm)
In 10th grade, Teacher had us draw for random writers to do research on and read a book of theirs and then do a research paper on the author and the book.

I got Albert Camus. Got pretty lucky, although my 10th grade self wasn't able to entirely appreciate his perspectives and work.

That is a lot for 10th grade. Which was it? Probably The Stranger, that is his famous one and the one a teacher is likely to make you read. The Plague and The Fall I think are his best. The Fall is one of those books that makes you reappraise how you feel about yourself.
Gold: 119,903.34
Aug 18 2016 04:58pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 18 2016 05:47pm)
That is a lot for 10th grade. Which was it? Probably The Stranger, that is his famous one and the one a teacher is likely to make you read. The Plague and The Fall I think are his best. The Fall is one of those books that makes you reappraise how you feel about yourself.

The Stranger. I don't even remember much about it. And nowadays it's hard for me to get into reading.

Slaughterhouse-five by Vonnegut was probably the best book I read in high school in terms of enjoyment. The tone of that book was just very entertaining to read for me.

I've been telling myself to maybe start trying to read some stuff but I never get around to it. I just spend too much time playing video games.
Gold: 152.00
Aug 18 2016 05:15pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Aug 18 2016 06:58pm)
The Stranger. I don't even remember much about it. And nowadays it's hard for me to get into reading.

Slaughterhouse-five by Vonnegut was probably the best book I read in high school in terms of enjoyment. The tone of that book was just very entertaining to read for me.

I've been telling myself to maybe start trying to read some stuff but I never get around to it. I just spend too much time playing video games.

It's extremely worth it. I've started forcing myself to do serious reading daily and I've learned so much and really enjoy it. I just feel happier and smarter and my mind is like "more interesting" if that makes sense. And then I do casual fun reading before I go to bed, usually genre fiction, which I love.
Gold: 0.07
Warn: 20%
Aug 21 2016 07:50am
Quote (Voyaging @ Aug 18 2016 04:15pm)
It's extremely worth it. I've started forcing myself to do serious reading daily and I've learned so much and really enjoy it. I just feel happier and smarter and my mind is like "more interesting" if that makes sense. And then I do casual fun reading before I go to bed, usually genre fiction, which I love.

That moment when....
you get to that part of a book where your mind is blown, where you need to stop and contemplate the text you just read, using your critical thinking or imagination to come to an understanding or build a wonderful picture. This can take a few seconds, 5 minutes or even a week.
Reading enhances critical thought and imagination. You bring dead text to life, and depending on how healthy your mental faculties are, the more vivid the story, or the deeper the understanding. But in this day and age, books are like death to people. They just cant do it.
But why?
They are dead in the brain. They cannot create. They, like zombies, must be fed. They have gotten too used to having the images pre-made, and pumped into their heads with no pauses for contemplation and creation. The danger in this is that it is almost all full of shit, and it is so fast and emotionally charged that it burns into the subconscious.
We have a young generation of people nearly void of the ability to think critically and use their own imaginations. We put them in front of screens since birth, and all the way up through adulthood, they are connected to screens.
Whats happening in this clip is an art and practice that should be re-instituted in the youth. It is perfect practice for critical thinking and imagination. The youth are hyper-emotional, and that is because they have been pumped with so much carefully contrived and directed emotional stimuli, in order to get them one day to react in ways that benefit corporations. They are the closest things we have to automatons.
Balance your screen time with book time. Wake up unpracticed and dormant parts of the brain. Stop putting small children in front of screens. If you are not going to give them books, give them toys...real toys, not videogames
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll