d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev15935945955965972971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,375.01
Mar 24 2017 06:15pm
Lol Canada just made it illegal to hate on Islam.

Sad day for free speech.
Gold: 4,600.00
Mar 24 2017 06:27pm
Quote (TooL89 @ Mar 24 2017 05:12pm)
Not a huge Trump fan, or a fan of either party or crooked politics but I find silly claims silly. I know for sure, about half way through the GWB presidency and on every president is going to have a loud group claiming they are getting impeached the next day. Just depends what you read and watch. Wish parties weren't so strong so we weren't forced to pick between one extreme or the other. Glad you Canadians got it all figured out for us over there though. It's a shame you won't share all your insightful knowledge with us so we can stop the spiral out of control that you guys have pegged for us.

Although by this thread it appears one set of Canadians have the opposite thought of the other ones...just like US political lolbeliefs. But one group must be exactly right and the other wrong. Only logical answer to feel superior.

If what you said happens I'll tip my hat to you. Just don't see it coming about anytime soon, just like I didn't believe Obama was about to be proved Kenyan any day and impeached.

Double edit, first one to try to not sound like such a butthole, I don't really know everything that's happening..just like 99.9% of the world underneath the rulers.. this edit to ask what is going on in your pic lol. Looks entertaining, I need some context to enjoy it though.

The truth doesn't depend on what 'one side' listens to, it exists. I don't have a 'side', because I'm not American, I'm an observer like the rest of the world, and believe me it looks insane from here. If Clinton can get impeached over lying about getting his dick sucked, then Trump and his campaign are unimaginably screwed for coordinating hacks of the DNC with Russia in exchange for more favourable US policies on Russia and Crimea. The fallout will be entertaining.
Gold: 2,140.00
Mar 24 2017 06:43pm
Maybe I'm not as up to date. I think I changed my viewpoint on politics a lot and got disgusted by it lately. Some change of heart. I know Clinton got impeached or whatever, but I mean really he just got publicly embarrassed in the end. If there is evidence the election was rigged, and obviously the severity of it is going to require some pretty absolute proof, then he is in trouble no doubt. I just never underestimate the power of politicians, especially ones in control of the majority, to get whatever they want.

Society has more spite and hate. What happened to the days of when your down on your luck and your community pulls together? Not a fan of the media that has for sure, at least in my mind, played a roll in this. And it isn't just one side that's guilty. I take most of the dramatic news coming out with a grain of salt until something happens. Mainstream, credible, whatever it may be.
Gold: 2,647.74
Mar 24 2017 06:48pm
Quote (dirTyMan @ Mar 25 2017 01:15am)
Lol Canada just made it illegal to hate on Islam.

Sad day for free speech.

tfw you're brainwashed by Ezra Levant and lied to by Conservative leadership desperate to get people to give a shit about their election

feels bad man

M-103 is not legislation. It's a motion to condemn religious discrimination, including Islamophobia. There was a massacre in a mosque motivated by hatred against the people in there. You'd think having our leaders say "whoa guys, hold up a little with your Muslim hate and let's remember all religious discrimination is bad" would be as uncontroversial as it gets but here we are.

Concerned that it'll evolve into actual anti-speech legislation? The Harper government passed multiple motions condemning discrimination against specific religious minorities, all of which were unanimously approved by Parliament. One in particular against antisemitism resulted in the creation of a parliamentary coalition that produced recommendations on how to address antisemitism - none of which were binding legislation. Do you know who were the only people who got mad at all that? Looney radical leftists who thought dealing with antisemitism was part of some nefarious plan by Harper to arrest anyone who criticized Israel. Did any of that come to pass? No, because nothing that was done remotely implied free speech would be affected.

Did anyone tell you that? Of course not, because then you'd see it's not a big deal, the likes of Kellie Leitch and Pierre Lemieux would look like the idiots they are and the Liberals are holding their laughter as the Conservatives work themselves up over nothing while Trudeau's perpetual deficits might become a thing.

This post was edited by Hizkuntza on Mar 24 2017 06:48pm
Mar 24 2017 06:57pm
Hate getting into political debates anymore not sure why I bit on this one. Bored? Maybe cus it another country thing lmao. All have sub sets of ties to one another.. just depends which is the strongest in your heart. Certainly don't hate Canadians or certain people who have certain beliefs. I do dislike the fact that deep down I feel like people on our level are the ones bickering over politics and seeing people literally despise other people over their stance saddens me.

In the end all politicians are arguing over is who's money to steal for themselves in the end, right? Lol. While the Democrats and Republicans laugh it up doing what they want with no financial burden about how everyone plays the game.
Gold: 4,600.00
Mar 24 2017 07:14pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ Mar 24 2017 05:48pm)
tfw you're brainwashed by Ezra Levant and lied to by Conservative leadership desperate to get people to give a shit about their election

feels bad man

M-103 is not legislation. It's a motion to condemn religious discrimination, including Islamophobia. There was a massacre in a mosque motivated by hatred against the people in there. You'd think having our leaders say "whoa guys, hold up a little with your Muslim hate and let's remember all religious discrimination is bad" would be as uncontroversial as it gets but here we are.

Concerned that it'll evolve into actual anti-speech legislation? The Harper government passed multiple motions condemning discrimination against specific religious minorities, all of which were unanimously approved by Parliament. One in particular against antisemitism resulted in the creation of a parliamentary coalition that produced recommendations on how to address antisemitism - none of which were binding legislation. Do you know who were the only people who got mad at all that? Looney radical leftists who thought dealing with antisemitism was part of some nefarious plan by Harper to arrest anyone who criticized Israel. Did any of that come to pass? No, because nothing that was done remotely implied free speech would be affected.

Did anyone tell you that? Of course not, because then you'd see it's not a big deal, the likes of Kellie Leitch and Pierre Lemieux would look like the idiots they are and the Liberals are holding their laughter as the Conservatives work themselves up over nothing while Trudeau's perpetual deficits might become a thing.

Gotta hand it to the Liberals on this one though... introduce an anti-Islamaphobia debate exactly during the Conservative Leadership conventions? That shit was so cold, so calculated. Gg
Gold: 2,647.74
Mar 24 2017 07:22pm
Quote (StayPositive @ Mar 25 2017 02:14am)
Gotta hand it to the Liberals on this one though... introduce an anti-Islamaphobia debate exactly during the Conservative Leadership conventions? That shit was so cold, so calculated. Gg

Unless the Liberals predicted a massacre would happen (xfiles.mp3) the motion is simply what would be expected of them after such an incident. Insofar as letting the misguided outrage from the right run its course though, it's calculation.
Gold: 3,375.01
Mar 24 2017 07:47pm
I actually didn't know much about it at all, just fishing for responses now I know much more. Thanks
Mar 24 2017 08:48pm
Lol yeah I mostly share my thoughts because I want to know what people think and sometimes end up provoking people I think because I want to hear what they have to say. I don't mean to troll people. Everything is viewed different through different eyes. Better for the brain to soak it all in eh? Lol
Gold: 12,895.43
Mar 25 2017 12:44pm
where is odell?
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev15935945955965972971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll