d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev1112511261127112811292971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,375.01
Nov 19 2017 04:45pm
Quote (max09 @ Nov 19 2017 03:37pm)
there is so many ways...

know what you are doing, if you are the leader/boss/teacher/what ever you should know what the fuck you are doing/talking about, tell your peoples they are doing good work when they are doing good work but also tell them they are doing a shitty job whenever they are, being constant is a must

some people are born to be leaders and some are not...you gotta be confident, if you are unsure about every decisions, nobody is gonna follow you

this is good advice, it's been what my supervisor at my internship has been preaching to me a lot
Gold: 13,891.00
Nov 19 2017 08:11pm
Quote (GSG @ Nov 17 2017 05:57pm)
Lost a friend of mine yesterday in a vehicle crash. He was the first friend I made when I moved up to Edmonton and have tons of great memories with him. We lived together for some time but after we moved out we sort of stopped talking... I hadn't spoken to him much in the last year but often thought about him and what he was up to. I really wish I called him and talked to him before all this happened, it's a long and complex story now but it pails in comparison to this. I just wish he knew I still thought about our friendship and rekindling it, I hope he didnt think I held a grudge or anything toward him. He taught me so much about life and girls, was honestly one of the best friends I've ever made. I used to share my entire life with him, from my lack of wheels to my terrible fashion sense, he was always there to listen and help. Rest easy my brother.

I am sorry to hear this.
A year and a half ago I lost my best friend to a car accident as well so I can relate to your loss.
Take the best of what you learned and live it out.
When you need to feel them feels, just find a quiet place and do it.
Keep your head up bud
Gold: 8,000.00
Nov 20 2017 12:27am
Charles Manson died in Hospital tonight

Gold: 17,801.00
Nov 20 2017 12:33am
Quote (GSG @ Nov 17 2017 02:57pm)
Lost a friend of mine yesterday in a vehicle crash. He was the first friend I made when I moved up to Edmonton and have tons of great memories with him. We lived together for some time but after we moved out we sort of stopped talking... I hadn't spoken to him much in the last year but often thought about him and what he was up to. I really wish I called him and talked to him before all this happened, it's a long and complex story now but it pails in comparison to this. I just wish he knew I still thought about our friendship and rekindling it, I hope he didnt think I held a grudge or anything toward him. He taught me so much about life and girls, was honestly one of the best friends I've ever made. I used to share my entire life with him, from my lack of wheels to my terrible fashion sense, he was always there to listen and help. Rest easy my brother.

My condolences.....

Always really difficult when someone passes suddenly.

Keep those happy memories with you.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Nov 20 2017 12:34am
Gold: 17,801.00
Nov 20 2017 12:45am
Quote (dirTyMan @ Nov 19 2017 03:13pm)
Need help from you all, please.

Need solutions to the following problems.

How to stop being afraid of failure/not doing/saying what I want because I'm afraid of not being liked.

How to be more assertive when in a leader/coaching role.

It's for a management skills class, just list any solutions you can think of that I could submit to a teacher.

I already did the analytical portion, but the creative portion needs suggestions from other people. Help would be awesome!

Realistically in a business atmosphere the only people you need to worry about not liking you are those who you can use to advance your position.

If you want to be successful you need to develop a thick skin, act in your own best interest, and not be afraid whose toes you step on to advance to a higher standing.

If you want to be assertive work on tactics to enhance your image. The old adage fake it till you make it can work. If you are not feeling confident, act confident, and if it is believable you will be surprised how much easier it becomes to gain respect and have others become more likely to listen to your ideas.

When you stop seeing your colleagues as friends and view them as competition you can gain an edge. That does not mean you should be an asshole, just remember your colleagues have similar ambitions as you and there is only so many promotions that will be handed out.

If you can put together the right mix of being confident, friendly, assertive and versatile the confidence will come with it. Just stay focused on what it is you want.

If you are in more of a coaching role, just be constant like Max said. Point out good work, but don't be afraid to criticize either.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Nov 20 2017 12:49am
Gold: 8,732.50
Nov 20 2017 02:47am
Lol i swear idk if scammers are just straight up dumb or 14yr olds.

Basically im playin this old school game RO with my friends casually and we rarely got time to farm and shit decently to enjoy the end game bosses we wanna do casually. So this dude gives me a great offer, basically $20 for everything he got cuz he's quitting and playing on another server. So it would get all of us pretty much decently geared to start our own thing than farming weeks/months to actually play the near end game content we want.
Anyway, he says he got trust issues :rofl: and want me to send first to the other server's account he made (guessing he has no paypal ) i knew it was 99.9% scam, but it's only $20 and worth the risk to me, and also knew that it's easy to get a refund from the other server owner or dispute if necessary from paypal.
So ofc the dude scams me as soon as i put in $20 worth into the account, then types "lol ez" and i replied with... lol ok?
I contact the other server owner, and reminded me of their policy stating that all accounts related will get banned, items removed, etc. which had no loss for me since i dont even play that server, and i told him i already know and give me my refund. So he refunded me the $20. I Assume he banned the fake account the scammer created for me to put my $20 into + all his real accounts related through his IP address etc.
Dude comes back online to the server my friends and i are playin at, basically coming up with dumb excuses like his bro or his friend did it, and apologizing he didnt mean to scam. I just ignore him, and he somehow finds us in the area we chill at in game, and drops all his shit that he was suppose to give us. Then basically starts rage typing, eventually admitting he did it, then being sorry again, how much gears& shit he lost on the other server. and basically asking me to solve his problem with the other server owner. I'm still ignoring him and dont plan on replying either. Though my friends are still tryin to pressure me to type lol ez back to him, but meh it's pointless and sad at this point. I just dont understand the logic behind this "scam" or if it even worked previously to other ppl...

This post was edited by Secksii on Nov 20 2017 02:51am
Gold: 42.29
Nov 20 2017 02:51am

fire.

god will must be so happy rn
Gold: 8,732.50
Nov 20 2017 02:52am
Quote (SeKsHuN @ 20 Nov 2017 01:51)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmc8q2dcIMs

fire.

god will must be so happy rn

lol
Gold: 1,041.68
Nov 20 2017 10:32am
Quote (Stealth @ Nov 19 2017 07:11pm)
I am sorry to hear this.
A year and a half ago I lost my best friend to a car accident as well so I can relate to your loss.
Take the best of what you learned and live it out.
When you need to feel them feels, just find a quiet place and do it.
Keep your head up bud

Quote (Killingyouall @ Nov 19 2017 11:33pm)
My condolences.....

Always really difficult when someone passes suddenly.

Keep those happy memories with you.

Thanks for the support boys, felt good to discuss it here. Life's short gotta live every day to the fullest. B)
Gold: 698.00
Nov 20 2017 11:50am
Quote (KrWWW @ Nov 20 2017 12:27am)
Charles Manson died in Hospital tonight

:cry:
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1112511261127112811292971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll