d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Who Will Make The New World Order?
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 40.42
Aug 13 2016 10:39am
Y'all haters corny with that illuminati mess
Gold: 260.11
Aug 13 2016 10:55am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 12 2016 11:06am)
I would say the human soul developed by internalizing the animal instincts we formerly were able to act on pre-society.

You're thinking of Eukaryotic cells and mitochondria
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Aug 13 2016 11:12am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 12 2016 08:06pm)
I would say the human soul developed by internalizing the animal instincts we formerly were able to act on pre-society.

No such thing!

Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 13 2016 07:55pm)
You're thinking of Eukaryotic cells and mitochondria

it's a Freud-reference
Gold: 18,196.00
Aug 13 2016 12:07pm
Talking about Freud, I know a lot about him. According to him, the Original Sin that we repent was when brothers rose together to kill the Alpha male, thus beginning "Society" and sharing the women. The Death of the Alpha male is the Sin we originally repented, it supposedly has traces in modern religion.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 13 2016 12:36pm
Quote (Gastly @ Aug 13 2016 12:12pm)
No such thing!

it's a Freud-reference

Nietzsche said it first....there are several ideas that Nietzsche elucidated that Freud ran with...

1. We were animals and did things only for pleasure, only what felt good.
2. At some point things went terribly wrong.
3. Culprits: Socrates, Jesus, civil society, social contract.
4. Result: Humans are miserable and tortured. 5.We are forced to live calculatedly. This is error prone, as our immediate instincts are usually correct. (As Nietzsche said, the barbarian never commits suicide).
6. Look at society...what is it that drives everything? Nietzsche says Power. The Will to Power is everything, saying it isn't is self-deceptive. That barbarian lives honestly, recognizes this, and doesn't feel bad about it. Feeling of power = instinct.

Also the idea of psychological repression and subconsciousness was Nietzschean, and came up in his psychological critique in I think Beyond Good & Evil but could have been The Genealogy of Morals. Schadenfreude is another thing FN focused on.

Freud used the Pleasure Principle instead of Will to Power as the driving force in human consciousness, focusing primarily on sex and violence.

Both believed the social contract to be the source of most psychological problems.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 13 2016 12:39pm
Gold: 260.11
Aug 13 2016 12:43pm
Quote (Gastly @ Aug 13 2016 11:12am)
No such thing!

it's a Freud-reference

I was making a joke :D
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 13 2016 12:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ 13 Aug 2016 21:36)
Nietzsche said it first....there are several ideas that Nietzsche elucidated that Freud ran with...

4. Result: Humans are miserable and tortured. 5.We are forced to live calculatedly. This is error prone, as our immediate instincts are usually correct. (As Nietzsche said, the barbarian never commits suicide).
6. Look at society...what is it that drives everything? Nietzsche says Power. The Will to Power is everything, saying it isn't is self-deceptive. That barbarian lives honestly, recognizes this, and doesn't feel bad about it. Feeling of power = instinct.

Also the idea of psychological repression and subconsciousness was Nietzschean, and came up in his psychological critique in I think Beyond Good & Evil but could have been The Genealogy of Morals. Schadenfreude is another thing FN focused on.

Freud used the Pleasure Principle instead of Will to Power as the driving force in human consciousness, focusing primarily on sex and violence.

Both believed the social contract to be the source of most psychological problems.

yes this forums is getting shitty
Gold: 18,196.00
Aug 13 2016 02:38pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 13 2016 03:36pm)

Nietzsche was a proponent of a "good death", a timely death, and not a bad one. Suicide would be acceptable according to him.

I've never really read Nietzsche apart from his "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" because I consider him to be not much of an objectively good philosopher, he was better as Zarathustra with a "Wild Wisdom" like he described, his purely theoretical work is much inferior than that philosophy book that is somewhat blended in aestheticism, or even art, consists entirely of dialogue, which is very creative. It's a book I have to read again, but he associated the "Free Spirit" with the Lion, in the three metamorphoses, in which he likens the spirit to a camel, which must work, and toil and learn to then become the free spirit the "Lion", who defeats the golden-scaled dragon, upon which his thousand scales glitter the words "Thou Shalt", all laws reflect on the dragon, and he says "See, there is no value which had not its utmost source in me", similarly to what Tolkien said as Illuvatar to Melkor in the creation of the world. Then the Lion kills this dragon, and then becomes the child, to "Create New Values". The dragon could be an allegory of China.
Gold: 1,551.00
Aug 13 2016 04:10pm
Gold: 4.77
Aug 13 2016 04:28pm
Quote (Voyaging @ 12 Aug 2016 23:17)
Is that how you join?

Fake it till ya make it man. It's not a club, it's an idea, just like anonymous. A lot of fakes in anon too who pull up the masque for a camera

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Aug 13 2016 04:30pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll