d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Anyone Still Playing Halo 5?
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 7 2016 05:25pm
Quote (ysobad @ Nov 7 2016 04:15pm)
no one is playing give up, buy destiny

I played it, I destroyed at it, I got bored with it. Played TTK and enjoyed that raid. Both VoG and TTK were a lot of fun and those raids with mostly guys from Jsp were some of the best gaming nights I've had in the past few years. CE really killed the game for me though. PvP in Destiny was never hard or a super skill based mode, but it was a lot more aim/movement dependent in the beginning. They just constantly dumbed it down until it became unbearable to play.

I'm still top 1% in the world for Kills/game, score/life, score/game and combat rating. It wasn't like I was bad at the game. I've had a lot of people try to talk me into coming back with the latest expansion, but it's just the exact same fucking thing over and over again. You grind for gear for the sake of grinding for gear so that you can play the new expansion right away and grind more gear. Just an endless cycle with no satisfaction. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I'm done with it now.

I'm not burnt on Halo yet, and I'd really like to find 2-3 decent people to grind Champion. It gets incredibly difficult when you hit 2k+ solo in onyx. I'm good, but I'm not good enough to carry even half of the games I play at that level. I still have games where I shit the bed, but it's pretty fucking rare that I go negative unless it's like -1 or -2 and the rest of my team is a combined -2x.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 7 2016 05:28pm
Gold: 220.00
Nov 7 2016 05:30pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 7 2016 06:25pm)
I played it, I destroyed at it, I got bored with it. Played TTK and enjoyed that raid. Both VoG and TTK were a lot of fun and those raids with mostly guys from Jsp were some of the best gaming nights I've had in the past few years. CE really killed the game for me though. PvP in Destiny was never hard or a super skill based mode, but it was a lot more aim/movement dependent in the beginning. They just constantly dumbed it down until it became unbearable to play.

I'm still top 1% in the world for Kills/game, score/life, score/game and combat rating. It wasn't like I was bad at the game. I've had a lot of people try to talk me into coming back with the latest expansion, but it's just the exact same fucking thing over and over again. You grind for gear for the sake of grinding for gear so that you can play the new expansion right away and grind more gear. Just an endless cycle with no satisfaction. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I'm done with it now.

I'm not burnt on Halo yet, and I'd really like to find 2-3 decent people to grind Champion. It gets incredibly difficult when you hit 2k+ solo in onyx. I'm good, but I'm not good enough to carry even half of the games I play at that point.

idk I generally don't play fps games but I love destiny idk why
Nov 7 2016 05:34pm
Quote (ysobad @ Nov 7 2016 04:30pm)
idk I generally don't play fps games but I love destiny idk why

I'm glad you enjoy it. I loved it for awhile. Like I said, I just got burnt during the CE expansion when PvP became nothing but TLW/Thorn. Shit was just boring and took even less skill than the game already did. I came back with TTK and got another couple weeks or maybe or a month or two of enjoyment out of the game before I put it down for good. Destiny was a great game and I've heard good things about the new expansion, I'm just not looking to put in that much time again for a game where I don't particularly enjoy the endgame content anymore.
Nov 7 2016 05:35pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 7 2016 06:34pm)
I'm glad you enjoy it. I loved it for awhile. Like I said, I just got burnt during the CE expansion when PvP became nothing but TLW/Thorn. Shit was just boring and took even less skill than the game already did. I came back with TTK and got another couple weeks or maybe or a month or two of enjoyment out of the game before I put it down for good. Destiny was a great game and I've heard good things about the new expansion, I'm just not looking to put in that much time again for a game where I don't particularly enjoy the endgame content anymore.

to each their own, I am very surprised how hard destiny hit me since like I said I generally don't play that style of game
Nov 7 2016 05:37pm
Quote (ysobad @ Nov 7 2016 04:35pm)
to each their own, I am very surprised how hard destiny hit me since like I said I generally don't play that style of game

Ya, seems like you're a bit more into RPG/single player type games right?

I'm just glad Bungie came out with another successful release, I'm hoping the next game they come out with will be even better. I'll always love Bungie, they gave me thousands and thousands of joy and entertainment for me and my friends. I had friends at my house every single day after school since Halo 1 where we'd take turns on split-screening. We didn't even really start playing online until the end of Halo 2 and then nonstop in Halo 3, but we didn't need it. Just playing 6-8 hours of split-screen a day was some of the most enjoyment I ever got out of my long gaming career.
Nov 7 2016 05:42pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 7 2016 06:37pm)
Ya, seems like you're a bit more into RPG/single player type games right?

I'm just glad Bungie came out with another successful release, I'm hoping the next game they come out with will be even better. I'll always love Bungie, they gave me thousands and thousands of joy and entertainment for me and my friends. I had friends at my house every single day after school since Halo 1 where we'd take turns on split-screening. We didn't even really start playing online until the end of Halo 2 and then nonstop in Halo 3, but we didn't need it. Just playing 6-8 hours of split-screen a day was some of the most enjoyment I ever got out of my long gaming career.

yeah id say sp/rpg's are my thing but I do online with mk and shit like that too
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll