d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Soloing With Bad Gear
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Aug 9 2016 11:26am
How would you build your characters on hardcore with bad gear to solo evil presences and explore effectively.

Open to suggestions, recommendations, gear setups, abilitys, ect
Gold: 5,253.17
Aug 9 2016 12:00pm
Quote (ekoe @ Aug 9 2016 09:26am)
How would you build your characters on hardcore with bad gear to solo evil presences and explore effectively.

Open to suggestions, recommendations, gear setups, abilitys, ect

Unless you try a hybrid char, all stats to vit obviously...

For abilities, its pretty important that you select abilities that:

1- are native to your char class.
2- target 1-2 monsters of your choosing - This is pretty important specifically for EPs. you want it to be something you can target specifically, not a pattern ability like cross strike. and you want it to target 1-2 monsters for large amounts.

As for strategies, the biggest thing is to save up those abilities. When you spawn an EP wave the toughest part is to take out that first EP (assuming its a 3 EP wave).
You want to be able to hit them with that ability right away and hopefully take its life down a good amount.

For gear:

Not much different than normal... Tank armors are preferred obviously. As good an EE weapon as possible obviously.

I do recommend trying a hybrid char though if you can find some decent heal charms. This involves putting maybe up to 40 or 45 int and having Salvation as one of your abilities and bump that up to about 40 or 46 on that.
It charges with hits taken. If you save it up and your heal charms are decent you can stretch your regens longer. helps a lot with speed and it can keep you in front of those EPs a bit longer.

I did this with Monk / Ninja and it worked really well. even with those robe chars I was able to go long stretches without regens. It makes the climbs more efficient by using the mana as well as life that each char has.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Edit:

Just to be clear though... The only way to really do this effectively is to invest FG into your gear. These suggestions should help, but if your gear isnt up to snuff no strategy will work.

This post was edited by ItsLotd on Aug 9 2016 12:01pm
Gold: 70,574.31
Aug 11 2016 08:35pm
100 vit, ee armor , powerstrike/twohitback/doublestrike

salvation as 2nd abilitiy

fish

ps: i do no use damage abilities on evils , i feel they drop more when killed slowly

t4t

This post was edited by sp_patl on Aug 11 2016 08:36pm
Gold: 1.00
Aug 11 2016 10:11pm
Thank you both for advice
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll