d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > New Site Suggestion - Mutual/shared History > Would Be Very Handy To Have This Feature
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 575.00
Jul 31 2016 09:41am
My First Site Suggestion:
Mutual/Shared History.
If the user could go to another user's Account page, and press a Hyperlink that was called something like "Shared History", or "Mutual History", or something like this. (maybe somebody can come up with a better name than me for this, haha XD)

How would this work?
The idea is that clicking this hyperlink would bring the user to a page that shows every thread, PM conversation, Blog, etc. that both they and the other user have posted in. The site could even charge 5fg for this feature (I'm hoping this is not the case, but hey - money talks!) Note: This could, however, be a bit harder to do with Past PM Conversations, though. Don't know if these convos are archived like threads and blogs are. If they are, though, then hey! you might as well put those archives to some good use! lol. If not, I could see this, specifially, being near impossible to achieve, unfortunately. :/

When would this be useful?
The times this would really be handy for is (like in my recent situation) when a user is looking in their history forum gold transactions and can't seem to remember what a certain Transaction was for. This Mutual History link could show, listed in chronological order, all of those 2 users "shared history". This way, it would be a quick and convenient way to see, "OHHHHHHH, THAAAAAAAAAT'S what I spent/received that 60 Forum Gold on/for!!!" Lol. :P Or, "Dang what was that really funny picture so and so posted again?" *Click* Found it! HAHAHA! I mean - the uses could really be endless here, people.

Is there another way to do this?
Another idea to achieve the same goal on a smaller and more precise scale is to have this feature directly through the user's forum gold transaction history page. For each transaction in the history transactions page, there could be a hyperlink to the thread, or the PM convsersation, where the user actually physically clicked "user x"'s Forum Gold Coins icon to send FG. This Purchase/Receipt would need to log the page that this transaction originated from and create a link when the transaction completes. This way, in the future, both users could click this link in their History FG Transactions, and it would bring them straight to the thread or PM conversation that they had sent/received FG for/from. The only problem with this method, as opposed to the above stated method, is that perhaps the user just wants to see history threads with the other user where an FG transaction did not occur.

Conclusion:
I could definitely see instances where seeing the mutual history between 2 users could be very handy to have. Don't you?
Thoughts?

This post was edited by fiwillis1985 on Jul 31 2016 09:53am
Gold: 109.00
Jul 31 2016 10:03am
Repost this but make it a poll. You got a yes from me
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll