d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Uk Is Fine, They Said
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.77
Jul 22 2016 02:26pm
Quote (LifeStory @ 22 Jul 2016 15:25)
i wouldn't put much stock in what big black cock has to say

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 22 2016 02:26pm
Quote (bena2OO5 @ 22 Jul 2016 18:43)
at least no terrorist to swarm in like in france and belgium

t4t

if you weren't a complete idiot, you'd know that in terms of immigration and refugees, NOTHING has changed for the UK (only thing that rose were racially motivated crimes in the UK) - and most likely nothing will...
they weren't part of schengen to begin with, so pretending the severe economic consequences brexit will have were a trade off for increased security is purely false and dishonest...

This post was edited by fender on Jul 22 2016 02:41pm
Jul 22 2016 03:34pm
Think it's still 50/50 as to whether we'll leave at all tbh.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jul 22 2016 03:47pm
Quote (bena2OO5 @ Jul 22 2016 12:31pm)
Article exposed.

Close thread

Quote (Bazi @ Jul 22 2016 12:36pm)
As if economic attitude does not effect the economy? What do you think is responsible for the majority of stock fluctuations? Projections is how the world works

Ive been here about 2 years and don't think I have read 1 worthwhile post from you. On josh/neko level to be honest

Lol Kylelowbreed gets wasted. Better change your name again cuz you cant change your shit rep.
Jul 22 2016 03:48pm
Quote (Scaly @ 22 Jul 2016 22:34)
Think it's still 50/50 as to whether we'll leave at all tbh.

well, i would take that bet any day of the week. i'm almost certain they will go through with it and it's the democratic thing to do - the people have decided. if they had wanted a different result, they should have informed themselves in time, it's not the information wasn't out there before the referendum - and ofc they should have moved their lazy asses to the ballot boxes (the young ppl that is)...
Gold: 7,525.35
Jul 22 2016 03:52pm
They repeatedly propagated the narrative that the sky would fall and all bad things ever would happen if brexit passes

Now they say 'i told you so' when confidence falls

-_-
Gold: 3.33
Jul 22 2016 03:52pm
Quote (fender @ Jul 22 2016 10:48pm)
well, i would take that bet any day of the week. i'm almost certain they will go through with it and it's the democratic thing to do - the people have decided. if they had wanted a different result, they should have informed themselves in time, it's not the information wasn't out there before the referendum - and ofc they should have moved their lazy asses to the ballot boxes (the young ppl that is)...

Agreed. I disagree with the outcome of the referendum but we voted to leave and that should be respected. People not being informed enough is THEIR fault, although the media and major political parties are also to blame for a lack of accessible information.

Just think if we voted to remain in the EU and Farage demanded another referendum...we'd tell him to fuck off, and rightly so. Then why is it any different the other way around?
Jul 22 2016 03:59pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 22 Jul 2016 22:52)
They repeatedly propagated the narrative that the sky would fall and all bad things ever would happen if brexit passes

Now they say 'i told you so' when confidence falls

-_-

kind of ridiculous to imply that only the remain side painted a dark picture of what would happen if they lost to justify your second questionable implication, which is that said predictions are solely responsible for falling confidence rather than the realisation of what this emotional vote actually means in terms of political and economical consequences with half of the leaver's promises already gone along with their political leaders...
Gold: 7,525.35
Jul 22 2016 04:12pm
Quote (fender @ Jul 22 2016 05:59pm)
kind of ridiculous to imply that only the remain side painted a dark picture of what would happen if they lost to justify your second questionable implication, which is that said predictions are solely responsible for falling confidence rather than the realisation of what this emotional vote actually means in terms of political and economical consequences with half of the leaver's promises already gone along with their political leaders...

The exact proportion is impossible to know, i wouldn't say solely, but i think its pretty obvious that hysterical doomsday rhetoric being all over the media greatly contributed to the fall in confidence.
Jul 22 2016 04:21pm
Quote (dro94 @ 22 Jul 2016 22:52)
Agreed. I disagree with the outcome of the referendum but we voted to leave and that should be respected. People not being informed enough is THEIR fault, although the media and major political parties are also to blame for a lack of accessible information.

Just think if we voted to remain in the EU and Farage demanded another referendum...we'd tell him to fuck off, and rightly so. Then why is it any different the other way around?

listen, mate - i really feel for you... although it is indeed not only popular, but also very understandable to hate the EU for many different reasons, you not only did the reasonable and educated thing to do, but also tried to convince those who seemed to be uninformed and basing their decision purely on emotional arguments. there's not much more you could have done - and i'm pretty sure i would be fucking mad if i were in your shoes now.
although i really can't see how the pro brexit arguments could ever outweigh the downsides from my perspective, i'm sure there were plenty of more or less reasonable and informed people who still voted to leave, maybe because they just have different priorities or whatever. what i'm trying to say is that i don't just want to dismiss ALL of them as uneducated bigots, that'd be too easy. still, it's a shame people like you and your generation will have to suffer from this, especially those who DID their democratic duty and cast their vote.

anyway, i really hope the worst (amongst the realistic) predictions won't come true, i'd rather see a strong UK outside the EU than being able to say "i told you so" to the idiots buying into the hate and fear mongering - but i have to say, my personal sense of justice is strongly in favour of your government allowing scotland another independence vote, seeing how they were unanimously in favour of staying and should have a strong case considering their last pro UK vote was largely based on being an EU member...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll