d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Do You Support Donald Trump? > Vote Yes Or No
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4.00
Jul 21 2016 07:47pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jul 21 2016 08:46pm)
I am Donald Trump's sweaty jockstrap.

So: Yes, I do support Trump.

L O L
Gold: 200.83
Jul 21 2016 07:48pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 21 2016 05:46pm)
After reading his convention speech, I without a doubt support him.

got a link for this?
Gold: 40.42
Jul 21 2016 07:49pm
Quote (thundercock @ 21 Jul 2016 17:46)

lol, you made me go look it up.

As your President, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBT citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology.

Well sure, we have to leave them be for the violence and oppression of hateful domestic ideologies, obvs. :(

Quote (majorblood @ 21 Jul 2016 17:48)
got a link for this?

They should make some sort of website where you can look through webpages and find a thing, that'd be so awesome.

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on Jul 21 2016 07:50pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 21 2016 07:50pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jul 21 2016 05:49pm)
lol, you made me go look it up.

Well sure, we have to leave them be for the violence and oppression of hateful domestic ideologies, obvs. :(

In all seriousness, this speech, if delivered well, will be a very powerful one.
Gold: 40.42
Jul 21 2016 07:51pm
Quote (thundercock @ 21 Jul 2016 17:50)
In all seriousness, this speech, if delivered well, will be a very powerful one.

People are pretty receptive to fearmongering garbage, it's true. :(
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 21 2016 08:03pm
Quote (thundercock @ 21 Jul 2016 20:46)

Just finished reading the speech. So many incorrect or misleading pieces of information and statistics.

Violent crime has dropped about 50% per capita since 1990. He's fear-mongering if he's saying America is becoming less safe.

Illegal immigration has declined and stalled since 2007. It's not an issue that is getting worse. There are 1.3 million less illegal Mexican immigrants than there were in 2007.

On trade, he has little idea what he's talking about. I agree with his opposition to the TPP, but tearing up NAFTA? Not so sure about that. Regardless of his stance on NAFTA, he is very unrealistic about trade. I don't think he is properly representing the complexities of trade between us and other countries. It's not as simple as "I'm going to bring back jobs from Mexico and China."

If you're buying into this bullshit, then I don't know what to tell you. It's built upon a bunch of faulty and misleading premises, and he's oversimplifying vastly complicated issues - specifically with trade and foreign policy.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 21 2016 08:10pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 21 2016 06:03pm)
Just finished reading the speech. So many incorrect or misleading pieces of information and statistics.

Violent crime has dropped about 50% per capita since 1990. He's fear-mongering if he's saying America is becoming less safe.

Illegal immigration has declined and stalled since 2007. It's not an issue that is getting worse. There are 1.3 million less illegal Mexican immigrants than there were in 2007.

On trade, he has little idea what he's talking about. I agree with his opposition to the TPP, but tearing up NAFTA? Not so sure about that. Regardless of his stance on NAFTA, he is very unrealistic about trade. I don't think he is properly representing the complexities of trade between us and other countries. It's not as simple as "I'm going to bring back jobs from Mexico and China."

If you're buying into this bullshit, then I don't know what to tell you. It's built upon a bunch of faulty and misleading premises, and he's oversimplifying vastly complicated issues - specifically with trade and foreign policy.

Point out the specific quote you have a problem with. I think you need to read carefully.
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 21 2016 08:21pm
Quote (thundercock @ 21 Jul 2016 21:10)
Point out the specific quote you have a problem with. I think you need to read carefully.

"Homicides last year increased by 17% in America’s fifty largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation’s capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. They are up nearly 60% in nearby Baltimore.
In the President’s hometown of Chicago, more than 2,000 have been the victims of shootings this year alone. And more than 3,600 have been killed in the Chicago area since he took office.
The number of police officers killed in the line of duty has risen by almost 50% compared to this point last year. Nearly 180,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records, ordered deported from our country, are tonight roaming free to threaten peaceful citizens."

Those statistics might be true, but they are misleading. Violent crime as a whole has dropped a whole bunch since the late 1980s and early 1990s. It has a been a strong and steady decline. The only one of those facts that I think properly represents what is going on is police killings. Police killings have indeed gotten really bad lately.

Already commented on the illegal immigration subject. It's an issue that has gotten better in recent times, not worse. Trump is being very dishonest about the issue with the American people. And it's arguably his #1 issue.

I don't think the speech isn't powerful. I just think it's built upon a lot of misleading information, anecdotal evidence, and is grossly oversimplying things. I did love this part though:

My opponent asks her supporters to recite a three-word loyalty pledge. It reads: “I’m With Her”. I choose to recite a different pledge.
My pledge reads: “I’M WITH YOU – THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.”
Gold: 0.00
Jul 21 2016 08:24pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 21 2016 09:21pm)
"Homicides last year increased by 17% in America’s fifty largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation’s capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. They are up nearly 60% in nearby Baltimore.
In the President’s hometown of Chicago, more than 2,000 have been the victims of shootings this year alone. And more than 3,600 have been killed in the Chicago area since he took office.
The number of police officers killed in the line of duty has risen by almost 50% compared to this point last year. Nearly 180,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records, ordered deported from our country, are tonight roaming free to threaten peaceful citizens."

Those statistics might be true, but they are misleading. Violent crime as a whole has dropped a whole bunch since the late 1980s and early 1990s. It has a been a strong and steady decline. The only one of those facts that I think properly represents what is going on is police killings. Police killings have indeed gotten really bad lately.

Already commented on the illegal immigration subject. It's an issue that has gotten better in recent times, not worse. Trump is being very dishonest about the issue with the American people. And it's arguably his #1 issue.

I don't think the speech isn't powerful. I just think it's built upon a lot of misleading information, anecdotal evidence, and is grossly oversimplying things. I did love this part though:

My opponent asks her supporters to recite a three-word loyalty pledge. It reads: “I’m With Her”. I choose to recite a different pledge.
My pledge reads: “I’M WITH YOU – THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.”

The goal of politics is to mislead people enough that they vote for you.
Gold: 28,296.01
Jul 21 2016 08:27pm
Imagine how much less murder there would be if Clinton and Cruz "retired" from their carnivorous lunar activities
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll