d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Suggestion(s) And Discussion!
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,253.17
Jul 19 2016 11:38am
Hello Everyone.

It looks like izParagonzi's thread is starting to wind down so I figured I'd start a new flame er I mean suggestion thread :)

Got a few random Ideas. Heres the cliffnotes for the TLDR crowd. Further details in the next section.

1 - Make a Player GP history tracker, or search feature. I believe this can be done... Guild logs already hold this information right?

2 - Create a "badge / ribbon" system for guilds and players. Similar to what our good Samaritan Paparick does already with the Scandal sheet, but expanding on this a little by awarding players and Guilds displayable badges or ribbons for weekly, monthly, and/or yearly progress. There could be several category break downs for this. Perhaps an under 100 GP group or something for newer players as well. (full disclosure, I stole this idea from Travian :D)

3 - Expand the "Events" to feature actual... well... Events! Maybe once a week or month have competitions. Fastest solo MQ, fastest group, whatever. First to find and defeat the Ambush! quest. Stuff like that.

Further details / explanation:

The first 2 suggestions stem from something I've observed... I believe the game has shifted a great deal towards individual achievement rather than the Guild. I vividly remember when I first started and Guilds like Intrasiege and Empire were vying for the top guild spot. There were several (mostly) good natured threads and an overall air of group competition even before actual group play had been implemented. There was always a good deal of individual achievements celebrated but it seemed like the Guilds got top billing.
Now... Well Laby recently recovered the top spot from UA and I don't think there was even a thread. I remember checking the Laby guild chat and there was barely a mention.
I say this not to cast a negative light on this. I dont think its necessarily a BAD thing. I just think that the game could generate more interest from players by EMBRACING this. Create a way for players to more easily track their achievements. Create new goals and competition between individuals.

Anyhow... /end ramble.

Thoughts?
Gold: 72,361.56
Jul 19 2016 01:49pm
i like them

1. yes, but with restrictions. maybe just show total gps/guilds
2. was sugggested similar before as a tag or symbol to the name. why not
3. giep moar eventzzzz!!!!! edit: maybe some new rewards ?

This post was edited by sp_patl on Jul 19 2016 01:54pm
Gold: 470.46
Jul 20 2016 03:53am
1 has already been suggested and denied many times before

2 sounds unnecessary imo, there are other issues that need to be adressed first

3 would rather see more permanent changes rather than limited events, the way it is now when there's pretty much always an event up is fun and refreshing but having the same every week would get boring really quick
Gold: 1,470.74
Jul 20 2016 06:34am
Been pushing for #1 for a long time. The info is already linked to the users JSP, just has to be populated to show it and can be done so with a "View User Log" link on the players profile just like we have view guild log link. It would show time/date/guild/gp/hc or sc. This would be a catch all link with the users guild joined, left, removed info. It's all already there just needs to be added and populated.

#2 Don't care.

#3 An actual event would be great instead of what's been going on now. Have a schedule posted. One day a month have x, one week a month have X, etc. And try to use the events to make everyone happy both current and past players. Use it to build the player base. So 1 day a month or whatever throw in some form of an arena style feature, old welling feature, pvp etc. Basically what a lot of have always been asking for but without changing the direction of the game too since it's just an event.

Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Jul 20 2016 12:49pm
1) as everyone else said already, this have been asked for 100s of times before, and denied every time.

2) idc really

3) any event/competition is good for the game.
Gold: 9.04
Jul 20 2016 02:11pm
isnt there a add on for the site, that the poker players use, couldnt we mod it, and make it for ladder slasher? just wondering
dont think i seen anyone eles ask this before, maybe idk just was thinking out loud
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Jul 20 2016 08:54pm
Quote (pun_godlike @ 20 Jul 2016 22:11)
isnt there a add on for the site, that the poker players use, couldnt we mod it, and make it for ladder slasher? just wondering
dont think i seen anyone eles ask this before, maybe idk just was thinking out loud

But that means some random will have to make up his own ranks and shit, and also everyone would have to run scripts which most of the ppl doesnt like.
Gold: 23,231.46
Jul 22 2016 05:01am
2 - Create a "badge / ribbon" system for guilds and players...

I've been read "badger"... Iso more sleep I guess. xD

-

OT: Very good ideas! HELL YES! to all! ^_^

PS: But, tbh, btw, ftw there's bigger problems running What would be solved first...
Gold: 6,840.19
Jul 22 2016 09:42pm
I would like to not have to search for wells like before, but it's not going to happen :P
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll