d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Official Minnesota Timberwolves Fan Thread
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 1 2016 04:11pm

Incoming dynasty, love our young core lead by the future mvp

With contracts being so inflated now I'm hoping it's easier to move Pek and Rubio

Really thought they weren't going to keep Dunn, but apparently they want to build around KAT, Wiggins, LaVine and Dunn.

Playoffs this year might be a stretch but this young team should be really fun to watch
Gold: 36,598.00
Jul 1 2016 04:13pm
Quote (Towns @ Jul 1 2016 10:11pm)
http://defpen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/karl-anthony_towns.jpg

Incoming dynasty, love our young core lead by the future mvp

With contracts being so inflated now I'm hoping it's easier to move Pek and Rubio

Really thought they weren't going to keep Dunn, but apparently they want to build around KAT, Wiggins, LaVine and Dunn.

Playoffs this year might be a stretch but this young team should be really fun to watch

I dont think you guys should try to make playoffs this season. Whats your lineup bench look like
Jul 1 2016 04:16pm
Quote (Tamura @ Jul 1 2016 05:13pm)
I dont think you guys should try to make playoffs this season. Whats your lineup bench look like

Shabazz and Dieng are very solid off the bench for us.

There have been rumors of Loul Deng signing here which I'd love because have him play 3, Wiggins 2 then bring LaVine off the bench to help the 2nd unit

Tyus is really raw and not ready , no one else is worth noting. If Rubio sticks around then Dunn could come off the bench for a bit
Gold: 16.80
Jul 1 2016 04:30pm
Quote (Towns @ Jul 1 2016 04:16pm)
Shabazz and Dieng are very solid off the bench for us.

There have been rumors of Loul Deng signing here which I'd love because have him play 3, Wiggins 2 then bring LaVine off the bench to help the 2nd unit

Tyus is really raw and not ready , no one else is worth noting. If Rubio sticks around then Dunn could come off the bench for a bit

I really really want to move Rubio and Pek. I like what the Wolves have done and am very thankful they didnt ditch Wiggins for Butler.

Jul 1 2016 05:45pm
Quote (Gangbang @ Jul 1 2016 05:30pm)
I really really want to move Rubio and Pek. I like what the Wolves have done and am very thankful they didnt ditch Wiggins for Butler.

Me too. Apparently Wiggins was never even on the table. Bulls wanted LaVine and the 5th but the wolves weren't willing to give LaVine. They only offered Rubio the 5th and fillers. But when Dunn fell to 5 the wolves ended all talks

And yes I so badly want them to unload Rubio and Pek
Gold: 0.00
Jul 1 2016 07:49pm
Quote (Towns @ Jul 1 2016 06:45pm)
Me too. Apparently Wiggins was never even on the table. Bulls wanted LaVine and the 5th but the wolves weren't willing to give LaVine. They only offered Rubio the 5th and fillers. But when Dunn fell to 5 the wolves ended all talks

And yes I so badly want them to unload Rubio and Pek

Lavine and Dunn for Butler is robbery for the Wolves
Jul 1 2016 08:04pm
Quote (LeSausage @ Jul 1 2016 08:49pm)
Lavine and Dunn for Butler is robbery for the Wolves

I'd pass, and I know nothing about Dunn.

LaVine is a absolute offensive beast, and apparently Dunn is supposed to be a solid offensive pg along side being dominant on defense

I'd gamble on these two over butler, but I'd trade either one alone for butler
Jul 1 2016 08:10pm
Quote (Towns @ Jul 1 2016 09:04pm)
I'd pass, and I know nothing about Dunn.

LaVine is a absolute offensive beast, and apparently Dunn is supposed to be a solid offensive pg along side being dominant on defense

I'd gamble on these two over butler, but I'd trade either one alone for butler

Really? Butler is probably a top 3 SG in the league, a top 2 two-way SG and is only 26. Obviously Lavine is really young but Butler far and away outperformed him in every advanced stat, and only shot worse from 3 (while he had an off year). Lavine may eventually catch up to Butler offensively, but he won't come near him defensively. I'm not sure a possible 1-way SG and an unproven PG is worth missing out on Butler.

Jul 1 2016 08:14pm
Quote (LeSausage @ Jul 1 2016 09:10pm)
Really? Butler is probably a top 3 SG in the league, a top 2 two-way SG and is only 26. Obviously Lavine is really young but Butler far and away outperformed him in every advanced stat, and only shot worse from 3 (while he had an off year). Lavine may eventually catch up to Butler offensively, but he won't come near him defensively. I'm not sure a possible 1-way SG and an unproven PG is worth missing out on Butler.

It's giving up on the potential of LaVine and Dunn for what we know Butler is

You're probably right but with the playoffs being a stretch this year I'd hold out and see what Dunn has and how much LaVine grows
Jul 1 2016 08:17pm
I'm really happy you guys didn't make a move for Butler. It honestly just didn't make that much sense to me. Rather than getting Butler who is already 27, the team decided to stay young and grow together. I think getting Butler would be a move for a team that's ready to contend or take the next step forward. So much potential, definitely gonna try to catch a few games this year
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll