d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Question About Life Leech And Life Per Attack
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.90
Jun 30 2016 05:50pm
Hello there, LS Newbie here.

I have a question about how Life Leech/Life per attack works (I have read the wiki, but either there's a bug, or there's something not explained)

First: Does Life Leech carry over? I/e if I have 1% life leech, and I hit 51, I won't be healed. But what if I hit 50 the next hit? will I get 1 hp?
Does Life Leech and Life per attack stack?

As for Life per attack...

Is only the highest value on one peice of equipment counted?
Does it not stack with different equipment?
Do I need some kind of proffiency to get the correct amount of health?

The reason I ask this is because I have equipped the follow pieces:

Angelic Copper axe
Damage 15 to 18
+1 to 1 Life per Attack
+2% Armor Pierce
+1 Jubilance
+1 Earth mastery

Mythical copper chain mail
Physical Defence 6 to 15
Magical Defence 0 to 4
+2 Intelligence
+1 to 2 Life per attack
+1% life steal
+1% armor pierce
+1% glancing blows

Angelic Wind I
Spell Damage 2 to 9
+1 Vitality
+1 to 2 Life per Attack
+1% physical Damage Reduction
+1% Power shot

Logically (for me anyway) I should be getting 3 to 5 health back per attack (+ eventual life steal), but I am only ever getting 1 health back, doesn't seem to matter how hard I hit, or if I equip/unequip the items.

Is that how it's supposed to be? Does it matter what level monster I am fighting?
really frustrated because I hoped I could stay in the Catacombs for a long time without having to go to town and regen.

Any help and explenation much appriciated :)

edit: Also noticed I get 0 health back if the hit kills a monster.

This post was edited by DukeLaze on Jun 30 2016 05:52pm
Gold: 135,869.63
Trader: Trusted
Jul 2 2016 10:34am
life leech, lpa and lpk used to be very strong and desired mods. they were too strong and therefore got nerved.
at low lvls life per kill is still pretty useful (having this sidemod.. dont go mainly for that!)
life per attack is a useful add if you have a decent tank for example.. this can stretch your life a bit..
life leech is pretty low vs normal monsters but a lot better against eps (strong monsters).

still.. all are decent sidemods that stretch your life a bit but nothing to go crazy.

there is also a cap per lvl (my tier1 charm got 1-200 life per kill.. but tier1 max is 1-10 life per kill)
and still.. i am leeching like 1-3 life per hit or something

another note:
if you want to stay inside the catacomb for a longer time you can for example get heal charms and use salvation (if the heal is good enough it will work easily)
else you just need some vita + tanks or help yourself with fish (bought or caught)
Gold: 1.90
Jul 2 2016 03:31pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ Jul 2 2016 06:34pm)
life leech, lpa and lpk used to be very strong and desired mods. they were too strong and therefore got nerved.
at low lvls life per kill is still pretty useful (having this sidemod.. dont go mainly for that!)
life per attack is a useful add if you have a decent tank for example.. this can stretch your life a bit..
life leech is pretty low vs normal monsters but a lot better against eps (strong monsters).

still.. all are decent sidemods that stretch your life a bit but nothing to go crazy.

there is also a cap per lvl (my tier1 charm got 1-200 life per kill.. but tier1 max is 1-10 life per kill)
and still.. i am leeching like 1-3 life per hit or something

another note:
if you want to stay inside the catacomb for a longer time you can for example get heal charms and use salvation (if the heal is good enough it will work easily)
else you just need some vita + tanks or help yourself with fish (bought or caught)

Thank you very much :)

So the values are simply misleading?

I found a evil presence, and my life gain suddenly jumped to at least the expected values, so there's that.
Gold: 1,470.74
Jul 2 2016 04:24pm
To answer your questions. Yes it stacks. It adds all you have on your weapon, armor and first charm slot. It does have caps per tiers. You don't have to worry about that unless you find some old items that no longer are produced in the game. But unlike other games and the mechanics it's not worth having it at all in this game. It will not help enough or add enough life back to make a difference. On evil monsters it helps more but the do more damage so it works out the same.

This post was edited by PowerTripped on Jul 2 2016 04:24pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll