d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Should We Target Military Vets As Mass Murderers?
Prev12345Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.00
Jun 19 2016 06:45am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 19 2016 08:42am)
Lol k troll. Let's just agree based on the cited articles above that veterans are significantly more likely to murder.

I'm the troll?

You are purposely posting a controversial thread to get reactions.

Just because you sucked a dick for a tag and Mod position doesn't mean you aren't still a simple little troll just like everyone else.

If anything this is on the government for not properly treating veterans.
Gold: 2,004.41
Jun 19 2016 06:46am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 19 2016 06:28am)
My point is that both groups have murder on their mind much more than the average person and that is apples and apples. Most people know a few ex military guys who are clearly messed up in the head, paranoid, etc. I'm grateful for their service, but I think seeing death overseas changes who you are, that's clear. PTSD is sad, but isn't it scary that we have millions of American soldiers here with mental impairments that make them more prone to violence?

People are okay targeting Muslims, but saying it about an ex military member is sacrilege?

So, we should encourage people to join the military, roll commercials, send recruiters to high schools, promise them great benefits, like schooling, train them to be killers, send them a world away, tell them it's okay to kill, have them come home messed up and spy on them, maybe lock them up if they seem dangerous without actually committing a crime?

I don't know, I think some real well funded programs to help them adjust to civilian life, good hospitals and mental health care for our veterans would be nice. But, we can just shit on them.

I draw the difference between islamic terrorists and veterans with the fact one is purely ideological and the other typically stems from things like PTSD, poverty and all the other things that come with the failure of re-assimilating into society. Not a lot of veterans shoot their dads in a fit of rage to send a message to the world.

Guys like Omar Mateen, Syed Farook and the Tsarnaev brothers weren't targeted and under surveillance because they were simply Muslims, they all had done similar things to raise warning. It kind of helps when you see people associating with or pledging allegiance to known foreign terrorist organizations that target the US.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jun 19 2016 06:54am
Quote (Sakuraba @ Jun 19 2016 07:46am)
So, we should encourage people to join the military, roll commercials, send recruiters to high schools, promise them great benefits, like schooling, train them to be killers, send them a world away, tell them it's okay to kill, have them come home messed up and spy on them, maybe lock them up if they seem dangerous without actually committing a crime?

I don't know, I think some real well funded programs to help them adjust to civilian life, good hospitals and mental health care for our veterans would be nice. But, we can just shit on them.

I draw the difference between islamic terrorists and veterans with the fact one is purely ideological and the other typically stems from things like PTSD, poverty and all the other things that come with the failure of re-assimilating into society. Not a lot of veterans shoot their dads in a fit of rage to send a message to the world.

Guys like Omar Mateen, Syed Farook and the Tsarnaev brothers weren't targeted and under surveillance because they were simply Muslims, they all had done similar things to raise warning. It kind of helps when you see people associating with or pledging allegiance to known foreign terrorist organizations that target the US.

I don't disagree. We should get our vets a ton of support once they return home. Our country does a terrible job of that, especially with VA hospitals.

I agree their mindset isn't killing to go into the afterlife in paradise and kill as a martyr.

My point is that they still are more likely to kill and that it's dangerous. More so my point is that we target groups of people openly and its accepted, but it isn't accepted to target a group that is researched and known and proven to be more prone to murder and violence. It's ridiculous. I'm not anti-military, I'm just saying that people need to open their minds and think before talking about Muslims and gun control, especially on the right, when American soldiers are very prone to murder and they're overwhelmingly supported by the mass populous.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 19 2016 06:54am
Yeah, like your shitty click bait topic title wasn't trolling, either.
Gold: 3.33
Jun 19 2016 06:59am
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jun 19 2016 01:54pm)

It's not trolling, he is just a dumbass, which he has shown on multiple occasions now
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jun 19 2016 06:59am
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jun 19 2016 07:54am)

It's not trolling. It's a real topic with valid data behind it. American soldiers are more likely to kill. That's overwhelmingly proven. Yet we accept that fully while we target other groups openly and the right refuses to look at their own party members.

Tell me I'm wrong. Do military members not kill more after combat than ordinary citizens?

Just because it's taboo doesn't mean it isn't fact

This post was edited by AspenSniper on Jun 19 2016 07:00am
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 19 2016 07:01am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 19 2016 04:54am)
when American soldiers are very prone to murder and they're overwhelmingly supported by the mass populous.

Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 19 2016 04:59am)
American soldiers are more likely to kill. That's overwhelmingly proven.

you can take your happy ass back to shitting on benches because you saw a woman breast feeding now
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 19 2016 07:08am
Hmm, well I wouldn't address this issue as simply ex Military personnel, but If you look at what type of people the military attracts in the first place - (not that you can stereotype) and train these people to be robotic killers and then after they're done their service all you get is a big TY, that there isn't more of an emphasis on detraining is just inviting problems.
Gold: 23.00
Jun 19 2016 07:19am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 19 2016 08:59am)
It's not trolling. It's a real topic with valid data behind it. American soldiers are more likely to kill. That's overwhelmingly proven. Yet we accept that fully while we target other groups openly and the right refuses to look at their own party members.

Tell me I'm wrong. Do military members not kill more after combat than ordinary citizens?

Just because it's taboo doesn't mean it isn't fact

Military members make up such a small percentage of the population.

What is the number of violent crimes committed by non military compared to ex military?

Let's see the facts you turd.
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 19 2016 07:20am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 19 2016 05:08am)
Hmm, well I wouldn't address this issue as simply ex Military personnel, but If you look at what type of people the military attracts in the first place - (not that you can stereotype) and train these people to be robotic killers and then after they're done their service all you get is a big TY, that there isn't more of an emphasis on detraining is just inviting problems.

it attracts large groups of small town and poor people that otherwise wouldn't be able to get out of town or have any real opportunity

and not all military experiences are like the script from First Blood so lets settle down with the robotic killer talk
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Closed New Topic New Poll