d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Youtube Video Thread
Prev1357358359360361694Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 90.58
Jul 14 2018 08:58pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 14 2018 06:21pm)
Does it bother you that Trump takes credit for blatantly false achievements like the one in the above clip?

I think it's important for our citizens to keep our leaders honest and accountable for their statements and actions.

He's repeated this statement many times before. Once at a campaign event in Wisconsin last month. Another time at a rally in Montana. And again here.

Alright, so I looked into this a bit more. Seems like he's either thinking of Minnesota and accidentally saying Wisconsin, or, really believes it. Either way, someone should probably tell him

Gold: 57.00
Jul 14 2018 08:59pm
Quote (majorblood @ 14 Jul 2018 22:25)
imagine a president who repeats the 77 cents wage gap over and over, which is worse?

drumpf should have said he won 30 (plus maine cd2) out of 57 states. all would be forgiven.
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 14 2018 09:18pm
Quote (majorblood @ 14 Jul 2018 21:25)
imagine a president who repeats the 77 cents wage gap over and over, which is worse?

First, that's a whataboutism. Let's address Trump's statement.

Second, the wage gap is a highly controversial issue. The 77 cents on the dollar is a misleading statement that doesn't control for other variables. I think the figure is actually 79 cents now, but that's completely beside the point.

Trump's statement is a blatantly false, non-controversial claim. And a self-serving one at that. His statement doesn't make logical sense no matter what way you look at it (Wisconsin or Minnesota), he's repeated the falsehood 3 times now, and the falsehoods have occurred over many months of time.

Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 14 Jul 2018 21:58)
Alright, so I looked into this a bit more. Seems like he's either thinking of Minnesota and accidentally saying Wisconsin, or, really believes it. Either way, someone should probably tell him

Yep. So I outlined the logic here. There's no real explanation for Trump's statement:

If Trump meant Wisconsin, Reagan actually did win Wisconsin and didn't lose the state like Trump said.

If Trump meant Minnesota, Trump didn't win in Minnesota, so he didn't win the state that Reagan lost.

He has said it 3 times now. Across many months. Either he got corrected and doesn't care (problem), got corrected and then forgot (problem), people are too scared to correct him (problem), people don't think it's important to correct him (problem), he doesn't think his statement is incorrect (problem), or he is intentionally making a false statement (problem).

There's a wide variety of possibilities for why he continually is making this false statement, and all of them are problematic. Perhaps there are some possibilities you can think of that aren't problematic.

Sure, we could blow this off as a nothingburger, but the POTUS consistently making false statements and us doing nothing to hold him accountable about is disturbing.
Gold: 200.83
Jul 14 2018 09:22pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 14 2018 08:18pm)

Second, the wage gap is a highly controversial issue. The 77 cents on the dollar is a misleading statement that doesn't control for other variables. I think the figure is actually 79 cents now, but that's completely beside the point.

Trump's statement is a blatantly false, non-controversial claim. And a self-serving one at that. His statement doesn't make logical sense no matter what way you look at it (Wisconsin or Minnesota), he's repeated the falsehood 3 times now, and the falsehoods have occurred over many months of time.

Yep. So I outlined the logic here. There's no real explanation for Trump's statement:

If Trump meant Wisconsin, Reagan actually did win Wisconsin and didn't lose the state like Trump said.

If Trump meant Minnesota, Trump didn't win in Minnesota, so he didn't win the state that Reagan lost.

He has said it 3 times now. Across many months. Either he got corrected and doesn't care (problem), got corrected and then forgot (problem), people are too scared to correct him (problem), people don't think it's important to correct him (problem), he doesn't think his statement is incorrect (problem), or he is intentionally making a false statement (problem).

There's a wide variety of possibilities for why he continually is making this false statement, and all of them are problematic. Perhaps there are some possibilities you can think of that aren't problematic.

Sure, we could blow this off as a nothingburger, but the POTUS consistently making false statements and us doing nothing to hold him accountable about is disturbing.

i've already made it clear trump's statement is obviously incorrect and extremely insignificant. I'm not even sure how this is something to discuss tbh which is why I mentioned something false a president repeated which is much more harmful
Jul 14 2018 09:26pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 14 2018 07:18pm)

Yeah, it's factually incorrect I agree with you. Am not sure how to get this message to Trump, I assume his advisers could relay this to him but am not sure if they THINK it's high priority.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 15 2018 12:37am
Quote (majorblood @ 15 Jul 2018 03:25)

imagine being so triggered by your cult leader being exposed as liar again, that you have to resort to some lazy whataboutisms...

btw, is it also 'insignificant' to you that he doesn't know that ireland isn't part of the UK, and that he has no clue what 'hard brexit' means?

This post was edited by fender on Jul 15 2018 12:41am
Gold: 200.83
Jul 15 2018 12:51am
Quote (fender @ Jul 14 2018 11:37pm)
imagine being so triggered by your cult leader being exposed as liar again, that you have to resort to some lazy whataboutisms...

btw, is it also 'insignificant' to you that he doesn't know that ireland isn't part of the UK, and that he has no clue what 'hard brexit' means?

every post you make is insignificant to me
Jul 15 2018 01:03am
Quote (fender @ Jul 14 2018 10:37pm)

Stopped after "your cult leader"

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 15 2018 01:35am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 15 Jul 2018 08:03)
Stopped after "your cult leader"

no you didn't, but thanks for sharing anyway. that being said though, i already have a girlfriend so if you don't mind getting off my nuts...

Quote (majorblood @ 15 Jul 2018 07:51)
every post you make is insignificant to me

insignificant enought to reply - while also dodging your dishonest 'defence' and hypocrisy concerning your cult leader, how surprising...

This post was edited by fender on Jul 15 2018 01:37am
Jul 15 2018 02:17am
Quote (fender @ Jul 14 2018 11:35pm)
no you didn't, but thanks for sharing anyway. that being said though, i already have a girlfriend so if you don't mind getting off my nuts...

insignificant enought to reply - while also dodging your dishonest 'defence' and hypocrisy concerning your cult leader, how surprising...

I actually have a JS script that splits up your messages and removes the string after "your cult leader", so your posts actually look like this:

Here is the code (from your original post):

Code
fender_bender = `imagine being so triggered by your cult leader being exposed as liar again, that you have to resort to some lazy whataboutisms...

btw, is it also 'insignificant' to you that he doesn't know that ireland isn't part of the UK, and that he has no clue what 'hard brexit' means?`
var splitter = fender_bender.split("your cult leader")

new_text = splitter[0]+'...'
console.log(new_text)

Try it out yourself. It works great, I love it!

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jul 15 2018 02:20am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1357358359360361694Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll