d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > An Idea I Just Came Up With.
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 16 2016 04:18am
Quote (Plaguefear @ 16 Jun 2016 10:26)
In my country all of them.

those private schools are christians schools ?
Gold: 356.93
Jun 16 2016 04:31am
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ Jun 16 2016 09:05pm)
Except the part where parents pay to go to private schools

Other than that..

The american private school system seems to work well, here in australia private schools get more tax payer money than public.
But in public schools better areas still often receive more school funding than poorer ones.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 16 2016 07:05am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 16 2016 05:02am)
What if we allocated the most school funding to the least privileged areas?
Instead of subsidizing private schools for billions we start to push money into the ghettos and low productivity areas.
Get the best educators to the students who need them the most.
Would this not see better results than funneling billions towards the middle and upper classes who need it far less?
Discuss.

Build identical school buildings all around the country that are all plugged into an identical network of long distance learning courses for all grades K-12. Privileged kids could connect from their home if they could afford their own equipment.

The physical staff at the school would primarily be security and maintenance personnel. This would level the playing field a lot. After the system was in place, whatever differences still existed between sites based on their community would be much easier to identify and address.
Gold: 356.93
Jun 16 2016 07:07am
Quote (kayeto @ Jun 17 2016 12:05am)
Build identical school buildings all around the country that are all plugged into an identical network of long distance learning courses for all grades K-12. Privileged kids could connect from their home if they could afford their own equipment.

The physical staff at the school would primarily be security and maintenance personnel. This would level the playing field a lot. After the system was in place, whatever differences still existed between sites based on their community would be much easier to identify and address.

I like this, but teachers would make all the difference, this system would allow teachers the one on one time that the struggling kids need without holding back the more gifted students.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 16 2016 08:18am
We need to remove private schools so rich parents have some skin in the game. It's effective in other parts of the world. You want a top class education? Make sure everybody else gets one too.
Gold: 2,407.00
Jun 16 2016 10:07am
I don't think that abolishing private schools is the answer. It's easy to look at a poor school and be envious of the nice, private school but the private school isn't doing anything wrong. The problem is that many public schools receive terrible funding. In addition to that, many students in those schools just don't care about their education, and they are being raised by parents who don't care about their kid's education.

Improving the US education system has two sides to it. We have to first create legislation that distributes school funding evenly. I personally think education should be a federal responsibility, not a state one. Second, is that we have to make kids want to do well in school, and I have no idea how to make this happen.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 16 2016 10:10am
Quote (Mastersam93 @ Jun 16 2016 10:07am)
I don't think that abolishing private schools is the answer. It's easy to look at a poor school and be envious of the nice, private school but the private school isn't doing anything wrong. The problem is that many public schools receive terrible funding. In addition to that, many students in those schools just don't care about their education, and they are being raised by parents who don't care about their kid's education.

Improving the US education system has two sides to it. We have to first create legislation that distributes school funding evenly. I personally think education should be a federal responsibility, not a state one. Second, is that we have to make kids want to do well in school, and I have no idea how to make this happen.

Why does it matter if they aren't doing anything wrong? When rich people get on board things get improved, let's make them get on board. Maybe then there won't be so many people scapegoating teachers, the elite who send their kids to private schools will stop seeing public school funding as just another place they can cut government to get a tax break.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll