d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Where Does Pard Stand On Cops > And Racism
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 15 2016 03:12am
Been watching the new doc OJ : Made in America and shit got me thinking about stuff. Wanna see where people stand on this.

I was particularly interested in the part when they showed when/why all the black people moved from Louisiana to Los Angeles. It made me ponder why things got to be the way they are these days.

This post was edited by kayeto on Jun 15 2016 03:30am
Gold: 5,169.82
Jun 15 2016 03:52am
Racism is undeniable, so it's quite logical that authorities have been influenced by it in the past and may be influenced by it today.

In general, I'd go with your #3 option. I really don't think cops are more likely to be racist. It's just that, if they are racist, their actions have a bigger impact than the if your local grocery store clerk is racist.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 15 2016 06:48am
The type of person to become a cop is probably more racist than the average person, but not by much. I'm sure cops that work in inner cities become more racist over time, and that includes black/Hispanic cops as well. People's experiences with other people inevitably shape their viewpoints, which is why many cops treat normal, law abiding citizens like crap too. They don't have an off switch.

I mean look at the Freddie Gray case. The guy got chased down and stopped for no reason, he gets injured, and the cops don't take it seriously because people they arrest fake/exaggerate injuries all the time.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jun 15 2016 06:51am
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 15 2016 06:53am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 15 2016 06:48am)
The type of person to become a cop is probably more racist than the average person, but not by much. I'm sure cops that work in inner cities become more racist over time, and that includes black/Hispanic cops as well. People's experiences with other people inevitably shape their viewpoints, which is why many cops treat normal, law abiding citizens like crap too. They don't have an off switch.

I mean look at the Freddie Gray case. The guy got chased down and stopped for no reason, he gets injured, and the cops don't take it seriously because people they arrest fake/exaggerate injuries all the time.

This. Prison guards even more so. If you work 10 years inside without your opinion of Blacks changing somewhat you're a saint. When you see that high of a % of the population being one color, among a group who are all convicted "bad guys" the confirmation bias takes hold.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll