d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Brand New Class
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 62.93
Jun 11 2016 04:07pm
The dark elf comes after NINJA class.

They are the finest in physical combat aswell in using magic. The look in their face when an enemy is spotted, it is not looked at by hatred, but pity.
The dark elf relies heavily on their team as they love to fight side by side for self honor. They are good nor evil but lean towards the dark elements to aid them.
(quote richboy)

stats

25 str / 65 dex / 35 intel / 40 vit = 165 stats

Type of weapons they can only use. Staff, spear and polearm. So basically staff if u cant get ur hands on heavy weps.
Type of armors they can only use. Leather and Scale.
Type of charms they can only use. Fire, ice and all 3 heals. = 5 charms.

Abilities they use

Skill (( devotion )) hits all monsters in a square pattern. (charges on melee attack)

Skill (( Helping hand )) heals the OTHER (not you) person you click on and 1 random person. ( charges with damage taken )
This is good for full group climbs and 3+ man climb. (This is also good for another healer besides magician) and would need warlock to be a full caster/healer.
Ask yourself how many people have a healer ( WL ) besides magician? Not many... and its not that easy unlocking WL.
/ EDIT.... for the healing ability...This does not stack again if theres 1 person in ur party.

Keys to use on MQ to pass to Warlock 3 keys. ( instead of 4 )
Guild points earned when you pass is 15 GPS. Compared to WL which is 25 GPS.

This class will motivate people to climb AND come back..Bring more people in..Also bumps the usefulness of the underrated staff.
Only 2 melee classes use staff (1 non feeder) While other classes use sword (5 classes) (3 non feeder classes) and dagger (4 classes) (3 non feeder)
People will look at how hard it is to unlock a alchemist...and say HUH...yea i give up. ( monk and ninja use 4 keys ) ( WL and HH use 5 keys )

Alot of you are guna flame BUT this is well balanced...ESPECIALLY without a dagger.
Why not 170 stats? Well look at the well distributed stats and you tell me... Not only is it well distributed but 3 keys to unlock next class.
Why 3 keys instead of 4? Self explained here..After monk/ninja i think yo ass deserves a easier job.
The non feeder classes all use swords/daggers. Wheres staff?.. People will aim past ninja with this class.
Why not padded robe/robe? WELL its not fair for all classes to use a robe..And will drive there demand up. (ALL classes use robe besides guard)
Plus a dark elf with a robe? laughable. They specialize in leather mainly and scale is a bone armor from the enemies they slain.
Some will say why not light charm?..but that defeats the purpose of dark elf plus is IMBALANCED due to HH. (ALL classes use light charms besides GUARD)
A light charm is a light element ( HEAVENLY) ..dark elf is a dark/cold person. Fire for hell/cold for dark.. cold = sorcery class/cold person.

This will make climbing worth while and rewarding for group assistance.

Alot of you will agree to this class..And then you got the people that will hate the idea because no ee staff set? What about sword/dagger/axe?
Yall spent so much on a dagger set ( that costs more than a sword?) sword> dagger, dagger rarely crits.
But dagger more useful for unlocking other non feeders. Sammy / monk / ninja they all have higher dex than str. And a dagger has perfect average dmg.
Items should be around the same value for solo AND group climbs. Solo is more rewarding than a climb.. A climb is for bragging rights/classes unlocked for GPS.
We need more solo'rs / random group climbs with new comers.

If you guys like a fair game/funner and not in it just to spend 10's of thousands of fg on a sword/dagger/axe set AND ROBES. balance it...

I wont rlly agree to anything else besides the stats a little. Look at all the info on all the classes/stats...you couldnt be more happier.

Yall vote and maybe we can get a NEW CLASS.

I have many more great ideas...But i will post them later on.

/ EDIT....VOTE VOTE VOTE

This post was edited by richboy1991 on Jun 11 2016 04:12pm
Gold: 104,000.00
Jun 11 2016 04:13pm
Well thought, good effort.
Gold: 2,804.09
Trader: Trusted
Jun 11 2016 04:40pm
Quote (McClain @ Jun 11 2016 07:13pm)
Well thought, good effort.

Yeah I was impressed. Seems like a cool class but the 3 doors is to easy for 15 gps.
Gold: 248,598.85
Jun 11 2016 04:48pm
3 doors part doesnt make sense to me that much.

You also say a lot about making staff better, but make scales and leathers waay better which will undervalue chains/plates more

Seems it would make more sense to add a staff class that wears heavies only after headhunter or before or something similar
Jun 11 2016 06:05pm
Quote (Juston @ Jun 11 2016 04:40pm)
Yeah I was impressed. Seems like a cool class but the 3 doors is to easy for 15 gps.

No its not. passing ninja is what makes this class worth while...its easier on purpose to actualy make it to WL.
And passing on this class for 15 is worth it. A ninja is more viable with weps vs this class that only can use one type 1 handed wep.
The point is to pass this class ASAP. like 1 in 4 to pass with him. Hes a real good character and people that actualy climb for next classes will pass it up in a heart beat.
Its a reward char with very useful benefits while it lasts. And you might have people like me instead of solo'n so damn much with feeder classes - - -
put a couple hundred climbs in for this class. And you can use him for EVERYTHING..trap doors/ lvl 80+/ map hunting / group climbs / solo for ur own drops.
U know people like me.

And to harmacintyre

How did it make them better? I understand what you mean but it did not drive the price...Other classes do the same thing.
Chains and plates have there value due to guardian/other classes against PHY monsters the healer HEALS magical damage taken from monsters
and guardian is the best melee / tank healer you can get. especially with salvation.

5 classes can use chain/plate.(guardian is what drives the price) ..There heavy armors for a reason.
11 classes can use robes.(does not downgrade vs other armors if you have a healer) 6 classes can use leather/scale. This will actualy make muters mute more staffs/leathers/scales.

Everything is balanced out for SOLO, group climb and the NEW class.

This post was edited by richboy1991 on Jun 11 2016 06:06pm
Gold: 7,863.56
Jun 11 2016 07:04pm
3 doors for 15 GP ?? Hell no!

I would argue about your heal plans. Apparently you are not aware of Healback, usable by all melee char's.

Oh and another point: Try to have more than 187K kills on any 1 char before you make plans about higher classes
Jun 11 2016 07:33pm
Quote (Paparick @ Jun 11 2016 07:04pm)
3 doors for 15 GP ?? Hell no!

I would argue about your heal plans. Apparently you are not aware of Healback, usable by all melee char's.

Oh and another point: Try to have more than 187K kills on any 1 char before you make plans about higher classes

Heal back is poo without godly heals and is only good in a full groups. Where helping hand heals 2 people and has a 50% more heal than that shit so it works best in 3-4 man groups.

And did u rlly stoop down and talk about 187k kills? You must be drunk or i dont know ur personality that well. I have more knowledge than most people who slash non stop.

This was a good idea with no set backs. Only thing i can see is u dont like the class with 3 keys..U aint takin into consideration people will climb more/kill for this class.
There will be people who agree with this class, and then people who look at it and go hm..BUT if it was a new class there would be no complaints..
And i doubt it from you if u put this character into action.

I dont needa repeat myself when all this does is help people..read everything over and over again and make an actual complaint i can sympathize with..which there wont be.
I am good with calculations and fully aware of all the abilities...every ability has there up and downs.
So is it a no or yes from you? no hard feelings.
Not every1 needs a 5 man group when 3-4 people can still out climb most speed climbs. Plus some1 will have a mage so NN in full heal group

/ EDIT also id actuly be pissed on disagreements of this class, which would be stupid not to have.
Dont need a hate comment or take me as a rude person just to disagree...I want honest opinions.

And as i said i have alot more kool ideas, but dont relate to classes

This post was edited by richboy1991 on Jun 11 2016 07:44pm
Gold: 248,598.85
Jun 11 2016 08:12pm
I think there is some issue of not having experience playing the game much. Most of your arguments towards heavy armors are based on guardian which is a class that is 99% of the time never played.

Heavy armors are already worse than medium armors because of the physical to magical monster ratio and they have to be used for headhunter. By creating a class that used heavies/robes or heavies alone it would increase the values in heavy armors while keeping mediums the same because of the headhunter class.

You have some really good ideas such as making staffs more viable I just think there should be some rounding out of some clear issues.

This post was edited by harmacintyre on Jun 11 2016 08:13pm
Gold: 70,550.31
Jun 12 2016 12:55am
i think some itemclasses should be chaper alternatives for beginners, so i dont see any urge to" upgrade" some cheap itemclasses . what about clubs then ?

a new class ? why not. but this sounds more like a feeder ;) not so thought out .. he should use heavy armors if you want to making stuff worth the same and only allowing fire and ice (which is expensive already) would imbalance/rise prices on those

also the door/mq system works just fine as it is

Gold: 1.93
Jun 12 2016 01:50am
Ls has classes, not races.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll