d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Loving God
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Jun 5 2016 08:23pm
I'm definitely a person that has fallen away from God, but I have also recently started my journey seeking Him again. There are a lot of things that I'm currently working on changing in my life and for the right reasons. I want to be a great role model for my son and also a loving husband to my wife. I know we all fight these battles of who we want to be and who we really are at the time... it's tough to change. I know that as I get rid of bad habits I must fill the void with God, because if I don't something else will replace the void and ultimately nothing else will be able to fill that void except for God.

I'm glad this sub-section is here on jsp. In the midst of havoc on this site, there is light that shines and I'm glad to see that a community exist with God on their heart. As I have explored jsp over the years, I have truly come to realize how in trouble we are as humans. How desperate we are for attention and how we bite at any hook that feeds the flesh. It's not an easy life we live, Satan is here to pull us back to the flesh in anyway that he can. Sometimes through the closet people we know (friends and family).

I just pray that as we continue to go through our lives, that we focus on what is important. There is more ahead than we can comprehend (eternal life), but the scary part is that God is watching. He is always watching and He will be our Judge. I know sometimes we may like to think that God will be easy on us when our judgement comes, but the real truth is that He will be fair and just. Please focus on your heart on God. Understand what His Son went through for us so that we may have eternal life.

There is a spiritual war going on 24.7.365 and it's easy to forget about when we go through our daily lives. Work, family events, traveling the world - all of these things can be very rewarding, but they don't matter in the end. Enjoy these things, but don't lose track of God.

The best part about all of this is that we have the opportunity everyday to spread God's word. This doesn't have to be directly talking about God to someone, but in everything we do we show where are beliefs are rooted. Our actions, our words (kindness in our words), our understanding of one another, our compassion, etc. When we strive to live that life, we are bound to catch someone's attention and make them question things about their own life. We may not realize it or not, but we are under a microscope by people. For instance, at work, I am involved with a very blue collar industry. I've met many great people, many smart people, many people that have crude humor that I don't always agree with. In the end it's my choice on how I want to act around these individuals. I can either chose to participate in the crowd and be a clown or set away and find something more productive to do. These individuals may decide that they don't like me because of the actions I take or the choosing not to use foul language, but one day when they have a struggle, they will know who to come to and as people with Faith in God - we can help. We can help give guidance when the receiving ends ears are open.

Anyhow, more of a diary thing that I'm working on. I'm going through some counseling myself (so I'm definitely not preaching nor do I think I'm perfect). I just know that I need to focus on reality, I never know when my last day will be and I know that I want to know a God that cares about me more than I care about myself. A God that wants us to be swept in His Grace and Love so bad that He gave His own Son for us. I don't ever think I could do that with my son.

Well, have a goodnight. Remember to say a prayer, even if you feel that no cares, God does. Be sincere and God Bless.
Gold: 0.32
Jun 6 2016 05:31pm
There is a spiritual war going on 24.7.365 and it's easy to forget about when we go through our daily lives , but don't lose track of God.

very true bud thank you again for your prayers glad to have you here
Jun 17 2016 01:54pm
God never takes blame, only praises. Its a 2 way street imo
Jun 18 2016 10:43am
Wish I had a mentor like that in my life.
Jun 18 2016 11:20am
Quote (DrMister @ Jun 18 2016 09:43am)
Wish I had a mentor like that in my life.

Agreed
Jun 18 2016 05:45pm
I think that we all wish we had a mentor that can guide us in great ways. The best part about this perspective is that we have the ability to turn things around and be a mentor for someone else. If you have the intelligence to realize that you want people like that in your life, then I think you are set enough to be a great role model for others. We all fall and we all have a choice what we are going to do from that point forward.
Gold: 6.45
Jun 24 2016 04:31am
You can handle it so much better when you are going through the difficult times knowing that somehow everything is going to work for you in a good way. Because otherwise you will always be fighting something and you will go through life always fighting and hindering your own precious mind with fear, anxiety and doubt. That is what the enemy of evil wants you to do. You are not realizing that God is in control the entire time. Nothing is ever happening to you but always for you.

Being in peace is all we should be striving for on a daily basis. Being in peace is a position of power. When you are in peace then God will get you to where you want to be. If you want to change your life then you must realize that God will move all the wrong people out of your way. He will open all the right doors for you to succeed. He's in control of our lives.

The starting point, for everybody, should be that you have to realize that nothing that has happened to you is a surprise to God. He already knew everything that was meant to happen to you and your journey with success and failure. Every day you have to remind yourself that you trust in him. Know that you are a person of destiny.

Other people can always disappoint you but God has a plan for your life and knows what you are struggling with and what you need. You can't allow one bad break to ruin the rest of your life. Always be excited about your future. Never be fearful and remain confident no matter what. Be excited that God is going to take care of all the hard things. God is going to bring the right people into your path if you allow him to.

When I woke up this morning at 5 AM, I felt a little sick and miserable (too tired and wanted to hop back into bed), but I knew if I actually believe that then I'm not going to prosper the way God wants me to on a daily basis. So immediately I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "I'm feeling great and strong. God has blessed me with a lot of abundance of happiness and riches. I am joyfully breathing on this earth through God's mighty power and I can do great things through him." And then I worked out for 20 minutes, treadmill machine and then lifting some weights, and I felt Incredibly awake. I got down on my knees and praised God some more. I let him know how thankful I was and how Christ Jesus was in my blood and spirit. Now I'm going to shower and start my day because I believe all great things are possible when we believe in God's word.

Too many times in our daily lives we stress and worry about things that bring us down and don't allow us to reach our full potential. When you find yourselves in these positions just stay calm and say a little prayer to God. He is always listening to you. Make sure you express that your life is his work, and because of that, you will always remain at peace and in power with yourself. And then one day when your life does come to an end God is going to be embracing you in heaven. He was always there the entire time.

How you live your life is up to you. Why not live it with a peace of mind and happiness? Breathe easier.
Fear, stress and anxiety, or anything that may be in your way, why not allow God to eliminate them?

God bless you too my friend. Stay strong. Every day is a blessing. It's a new day to lift ourselves up, as well as others in need.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic