d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Ouch
Prev12347Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 445.00
May 24 2016 12:07pm
Quote (Danno_omen @ May 24 2016 01:56pm)
You say this is a "Debate" yet you have zero points other then "lol game is bad". I do not work for Microsoft of Sony so I do not know how much money Halo brings in versus Uncharted. The entire point was that they care about money most,not sales. Sales is obviously apart of money,but at the end of the day all they give a shit about is revenue. I swear its like talking with a chimp

Quote (Danno_omen @ May 23 2016 10:07am)
But id be willing to bet if you had an off the record conversation with any Sony exec and asked "you can have either Uncharted or Halo which would you take" and id be sure they would take Halo simply because there is much more money to be made

This was your point. My point is the opposite.

Btw I love Halo. You are the one saying Halo>UC because of everything but the game.

Gold: 394.00
May 24 2016 12:12pm
Quote (ROM @ May 24 2016 02:07pm)
This was your point. My point is the opposite.

Btw I love Halo. You are the one saying Halo>UC because of everything but the game.

And I agreed with your point if we are talking about the developer on that,but your argument was "halo sucks". And I am not really a Halo fan, its just a better franchise to build around. There aren't many franchises that can last for 15+ years and still be massive in more ways then one. I have never played an Uncharted game so I cant say if UC>Halo or vice versa in terms of quality,id assume it is but I cant for a fact say that. But this argument was about what is better for sales and money not what game is better. Id say Uncharted is better for sales,mostly because there are double the playstations out there as there are xbox's, and halo is a better money maker
May 24 2016 12:20pm
Quote (Danno_omen @ May 24 2016 02:12pm)
And I agreed with your point if we are talking about the developer on that,but your argument was "halo sucks". And I am not really a Halo fan, its just a better franchise to build around. There aren't many franchises that can last for 15+ years and still be massive in more ways then one. I have never played an Uncharted game so I cant say if UC>Halo or vice versa in terms of quality,id assume it is but I cant for a fact say that. But this argument was about what is better for sales and money not what game is better. Id say Uncharted is better for sales,mostly because there are double the playstations out there as there are xbox's, and halo is a better money maker

Id disagree there too. I would say a higher selling game is a better avenue of revenue that all the supplements.
May 24 2016 01:34pm
Quote (ROM @ May 24 2016 02:20pm)
Id disagree there too. I would say a higher selling game is a better avenue of revenue that all the supplements.

A video game is a better avenue of revenue yes since it would probably make the most money per unit sold. I know some of those action figures and shit can get expensive but Hasbro or whoever makes them would get the majority of the money. Microsoft would only get a licensing fee of x % compared to getting the full revenue off of a game. Keep in mind the game would also be the most expensive to develop. But with all things told,yes you would be correct in that the game would bring in the most revenue compared to any other form of revenue the franchise would see. But still. If I sell 500 million worth of video games and another 500 million off of everything else,that would still be better then your selling of 750 million in games for example. 1 billion >750 million. That's not to say Microsoft wouldn't want Uncharted sales numbers for the game,of course they would. But the difference in sales is basically because of there being double the playstations in the world. That is Microsoft's fault for falling so far behind but if there was 40 million xbox's and 40 million playstations halo and uncharted would sell just about the same amount of copies. I might even argue Halo would sell slightly more just because its a shooter and shooter's generally appeal to a wider market.

Still,Uncharted is a huge IP for Sony,its one of the.....probably 10 biggest gaming franchises in the world and that needs to be applauded and I hope it goes on to sell 10 million+
Gold: 220.00
May 24 2016 07:05pm
uncharted has merch for sale as well, controllers consoles watches headsets
Gold: 20.00
May 24 2016 07:24pm
who heres besides me never reads these stupid paragraph bs threads anymore?
Gold: 9.87
May 25 2016 01:36am
Quote (ROM @ May 24 2016 06:18am)
Id like to get your weight on the debate since you are the only active with a brain. There were a couple more of you but I don't see them post anymore.

Would the dev rather have more game sales
Or have more brand awareness, not through game sales but though supplements. and for argument sake we don't know which makes more money.

I would love for there be more actual topics of discussion in this sub but ysobad is literally the most active poster.

The Dev would prefer more sales.

The publisher would prefer more brand awareness if that equated to greater overall revenue via licensing and merchandising.

If we don't know which is greater they don't care either way, imo. They wouldn't waste money merchandising if it didn't make them anything. But the publisher is more concerned with overall valuation than discs sold.

This post was edited by timmayX on May 25 2016 01:38am
Gold: 220.00
May 25 2016 04:30am
Quote (timmayX @ May 25 2016 02:36am)
The Dev would prefer more sales.

The publisher would prefer more brand awareness if that equated to greater overall revenue via licensing and merchandising.

If we don't know which is greater they don't care either way, imo. They wouldn't waste money merchandising if it didn't make them anything. But the publisher is more concerned with overall valuation than discs sold.

i still dont know how merchandising came up at all i just mentioned uncharted 4 outsold halo 5 by landslide
May 25 2016 06:16am
Quote (ysobad @ May 25 2016 06:30am)
i still dont know how merchandising came up at all i just mentioned uncharted 4 outsold halo 5 by landslide

Because it was then said Halo 5 still > than UC4 because of all the merch.

This post was edited by ROM on May 25 2016 06:16am
May 25 2016 08:47am
Quote (ROM @ May 25 2016 08:16am)
Because it was then said Halo 5 still > than UC4 because of all the merch.

Incorrect,i said Halo> UC for revenue as a franchise not these specific games. UC4 of course slaughtered Halo 5 in terms of sales as will many other playstation games since there just aren't many Xbox's out there

This post was edited by Danno_omen on May 25 2016 08:48am
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev12347Next
Closed New Topic New Poll