d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Presidential Elections In Austria > Ecologist Win With 16k More Votes...
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
May 23 2016 08:29am
"Far right/FPO" : Norbert Hofer : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Party_of_Austria
"Ecologist/Left" : Alexander Van der Bellen : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greens_%E2%80%93_The_Green_Alternative

http://diepresse.com/home/politik/bpwahl/4994223/LiveTicker_Van-der-Bellen-uberholt-Hofer?_vl_backlink=/home/index.do
well look like its more like 24k... Anyway:

FYO the far right / fpo is against europe and also against usa. Next elections they may win.
One of the main factor was the migrants hysteria and excessive amount for this country (100k migrants for 8.7M ppl)

Topic: what would happend to usa-europe relations in case of a "true" rise of far right in countries likes france, italy etc... ? :)
Would this impact situation in middle east ?

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on May 23 2016 08:33am
Gold: 99,201.55
May 23 2016 08:33am
US interest have shifted long ago to asia, the relation today is US to look after few eastern european country for its core interest. and leave the rest to EU to deal with

This post was edited by IMCL85 on May 23 2016 08:33am
May 23 2016 08:35am
Quote (IMCL85 @ 23 May 2016 15:33)
US interest have shifted long ago to asia, the relation today is US to look after few eastern european country for its core interest. and leave the rest to EU to deal with

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_either_with_us,_or_against_us
May 23 2016 08:39am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 23 2016 09:35am)

not pictures? why so le lazy
Gold: 109.01
May 23 2016 08:53am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 23 2016 09:29am)
"Far right/FPO" : Norbert Hofer : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Party_of_Austria
"Ecologist/Left" : Alexander Van der Bellen : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greens_%E2%80%93_The_Green_Alternative

http://diepresse.com/home/politik/bpwahl/4994223/LiveTicker_Van-der-Bellen-uberholt-Hofer?_vl_backlink=/home/index.do
well look like its more like 24k... Anyway:

FYO the far right / fpo is against europe and also against usa. Next elections they may win.
One of the main factor was the migrants hysteria and excessive amount for this country (100k migrants for 8.7M ppl)

Topic: what would happend to usa-europe relations in case of a "true" rise of far right in countries likes france, italy etc... ? :)
Would this impact situation in middle east ?

I'm sorry, tl/dr , do you have a meme or two that can explain this?

(actually I did read your links (except the diepress one), was jk)

I dont see the rise of any of the European countries pulling out of the EU having much impact on USA relations, namely trade, if anything I'd say it's easier. Having to negotiate with one country and level of bureaucracy instead of trying to get a consensus that works for all the host countries left in the EU should simplify things. As an example I can point out the UKIP point makes with Switzerland being able to get a trade deal with China, while the EU couldnt nail that down.

Would this impact the situation in the ME? Yeah , they might actually have to do something for the immigrants if the Nationalism of the right wants sane levels of newcomers and prevents hordes from coming to their countries.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on May 23 2016 09:02am
May 23 2016 09:01am
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 23 May 2016 15:53)
(actually I did read your links, was jk)
I dont see the rise of any of the European countries pulling out of the EU having much impact on USA relations, namely trade, if anything I'd say it's easier. Having to negotiate with one country and level of bureaucracy instead of trying to get a consensus that works for all the host countries left in the EU should simplify things. As example I can point out the UKIP example makes with Switzerland being able to get a trade deal with China, while the EU couldnt nail that down.
Would this impact the situation in the ME? Yeah , they might actually have to do something for the immigrants if the Nationalism of the right wants sane levels of newcomers and prevents hordes from coming to their countries.

Ah so what you are saying it would be better for USA interest ?

because as example LePen (other populists:far right leaders are doing the same, mostly)

"Our Europe from the Atlantic to the Urals, not from Washington to Brussels," has launched Ms. Le Pen in his opening statement, assuring that the FN was "not alone." She called for "a new cooperation between nations." All speakers defended the same political position: virulent anti-Americanism, an assumed Russophilia, and hostility to immigration affirmed.

http://www.lemonde.fr/politique/article/2014/11/29/avec-ses-allies-etrangers-marine-le-pen-plaide-pour-une-europe-de-l-atlantique-a-l-oural_4531620_823448.html
May 23 2016 09:13am
Quote (Master_Zappy @ May 23 2016 09:53am)

(actually I did read your links (except the diepress one), was jk)

I dont see the rise of any of the European countries pulling out of the EU having much impact on USA relations, namely trade, if anything I'd say it's easier. Having to negotiate with one country and level of bureaucracy instead of trying to get a consensus that works for all the host countries left in the EU should simplify things. As an example I can point out the UKIP point makes with Switzerland being able to get a trade deal with China, while the EU couldnt nail that down.

u r wrong, it might not be a very significant to US. but the core interest of germany and france, maybe uk depended on having an intact EU running. as for trade, regardless whos elected. its about economic, I dont see anything can be done at this point regardless whos in charge. for the french case, they cant even reform a more modern working hours schedule with out all those hippie takes to the street burning cars etc. after couple years ppl just elect another party
Gold: 109.01
May 23 2016 09:22am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 23 2016 10:01am)
Ah so what you are saying it would be better for USA interest ?

because as example LePen (other populists:far right leaders are doing the same, mostly)

"Our Europe from the Atlantic to the Urals, not from Washington to Brussels," has launched Ms. Le Pen in his opening statement, assuring that the FN was "not alone." She called for "a new cooperation between nations." All speakers defended the same political position: virulent anti-Americanism, an assumed Russophilia, and hostility to immigration affirmed.

http://www.lemonde.fr/politique/article/2014/11/29/avec-ses-allies-etrangers-marine-le-pen-plaide-pour-une-europe-de-l-atlantique-a-l-oural_4531620_823448.html

It's hard to say, but it's not like they are calling for sanctions or war with the USA, I support them to be sovereign to their own country for their own people even if that means they are more independent of the USA or EU.
If they want to negotiate a better trade deal or other things that is in their best interest that's their prerogative and duty. If something isnt as conducive for the American/EU purposes both can use the market to trade with other places.

they dont actually define any positions and changes considered "virulent anti-Americanism" . I agree with bold to an extent

translated link

Marine Le Pen wanted to demonstrate its weight internationally. Seven speakers - Dutch, Russian, Italian, Belgian, Austrian, Czech and Bulgarian - all foreign allies of the extreme right party, have succeeded, Saturday 29 November, at the tribune of the fifteenth congress of the National Front. A way for Le Pen, to show that it weighs in Europe and on the continental stage.

Read: Two senior Russian officials as "guest stars" at the FN congress

"Our Europe from the Atlantic to the Urals, not from Washington to Brussels," has launched Ms. Le Pen in his opening statement, assuring that the FN was "not alone." She called for "a new cooperation between nations." All speakers defended the same political position: virulent anti-Americanism, an assumed Russophilia, and hostility to immigration affirmed. Oddly, it's not Aymeric Chauprade, Marine Le Pen advisor for international affairs, who presented the guests. The latter appearing to be sidelined.

ROLE OF RUSSIA

The one everyone was waiting for, was Andrei Isayev, the deputy chairman of the Duma and member of United Russia, the party of Vladimir Putin. Addressing the Russian support, he nevertheless launched a thunderous "comrades" to a room that cheered up. Recalling the "historic friendship" between France and Russia, Mr. Isayev criticized the "unknown officials of the European Union, puppets of the United States." He also denounced "the coup unconstitutional state" in Ukraine and the trade sanctions against Russia.

The arrival of a member of United Russia is a first for the National Front. Official relations between the two formations are recent. This presence is a further indication of the close ties which now link the French far-right party in the Russian power. The FN has recognized November 23 have received a loan of EUR 9 million allocated by a Russian bank, First Czech-Russian Bank (FCRB), which nobody imagines, in Moscow, he could have taken place without the consent of the Kremlin.

And Mediapart revealed Saturday morning that Cotelec the microparti of Jean-Marie Le Pen, had received a loan of two million euros from a "Cypriot society." According to the website, the company is "owned by Yuri kudimov, a former KGB converted back to the state bank VEB Capital, whose supervisory board is chaired by Putin and Medvedev." Russia therefore does play a role of primary importance in the FN.

"PROUD TO BE POPULIST"

Mr. Isayev was preceded, in the words taken by Geert Wilders, the Dutch Islamophobic populist leader. Speaking French with a strong accent, he lambasted the "treachery of multicultural elites that destroy our identities and traditions." He also demanded that we put "criminals, jihadists and illegal immigrants out." "We do not want a foreign barbarian Culture and settles in our country," he summarized.

For its part Matteo Salvini, leader of the Northern League, Italian autonomist and xenophobic party, has put the room in his pocket he was wearing a T-shirt "Basta euro" and said he was "proud to be populist" . Like all guests, he criticized the sanctions against Russia: "What sense-has he to declare a trade war to the main bulwark against the spread of barbarism of Islamic extremism? "Was it so questioned.

Hans-Christian Strache of the Austrian FPÖ has imagined him chancellor, visiting a Marine Le Pen president of the Republic. An output and loved the FPI. Philip Claeys, part of Vlaams Belang, the Flemish far-right party, he congratulated the FN had "always asked the right questions by providing the right answers."

Two new allies, were also present on Saturday afternoon. Jiri Janecek the Czech party Ok Strana (Civic Conservative Party), assured that "immigrants take jobs from our citizens, and they are not able to tolerate our culture." Finally, Krasimir Karakachanov (VMRO, Bulgaria) summarized his thinking succinctly: "The symbol of Europe can not be Conchita Wurst but Joan of Arc."
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll