d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > My Girlfriend Was On Infowars > With Alex Jones
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,620.00
May 22 2016 09:49am
Quote (TB12 @ 22 May 2016 00:39)
Carson and Cruz will get spots in the cabinet. It's all good

Cruz would likely prefer to remain a Senator than join Trump's cabinet. Don't think Trump would even make that offer, though.

But yes on Carson, Trump would probably name him Surgeon General. I think that's why Carson endorsed Trump so early on.

I loved how so many Republicans were shocked by Carson endorsing Trump so relatively early. Like, you didn't notice all the crazy shit Carson has been saying this cycle? I like Carson, but he is pretty lost in politics, and is really good at giving the media easy soundbite material on him. Said so many foolish and bizarre things.
Gold: 28,296.01
May 22 2016 09:56am
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 22 2016 07:49am)
Cruz would likely prefer to remain a Senator than join Trump's cabinet. Don't think Trump would even make that offer, though.

But yes on Carson, Trump would probably name him Surgeon General. I think that's why Carson endorsed Trump so early on.

I loved how so many Republicans were shocked by Carson endorsing Trump so relatively early. Like, you didn't notice all the crazy shit Carson has been saying this cycle? I like Carson, but he is pretty lost in politics, and is really good at giving the media easy soundbite material on him. Said so many foolish and bizarre things.

He has done literally the same thing as Trump

this has been about brand building and both have done it successfully in their own ways Trump's is just on steroids and has had successes that even have surprised him

Neither accidentally say the dumb things that turn into multiple day news stories
Gold: 2,620.00
May 22 2016 10:02am
Quote (Beowulf @ 22 May 2016 10:56)

this has been about brand building and both have done it successfully in their own ways Trump's is just on steroids and has had successes that even have surprised him

Neither accidentally say the dumb things that turn into multiple day news stories

Yes, Trump's branding and media manipulation was definitely by design.

But if you study Carson's history, this is just how he is. No master plan, he just said what he thought, and a lot of the things he thinks are just bizarre. He's a Jehovva's Witness, for crying out loud.
Gold: 285.00
May 22 2016 10:49am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 22 2016 10:56am)

But Carson can't even talk about foreign policy, and that is the POTUS most important duty. POTUS is solely responsible for setting and handling foreign policy. He needs advice and consent of the Senate to formally go to war....but how often is that compared to non full blown wars? Vietnam Cambodia and Laos invasions to establish and protect markets wasn't officially a full war, Bosnia/Kosovo, the Latin American dirty wars that were fought across the entire continent....Libya, Vs Russia in Georgia and Chechnya which was US backed until the Belsen School Seige kind of poisoned the well. None of these are actual wars and the president pretty much has the power to do all these things....even if Congress cuts the funding they can sell guns to contras and flood the ghettoes with crack to pay for it like old Reagan .

People want to give this power to Carson lol. He couldn't intelligently talk about foreign policy a single time through the debates. He seemed high on valium during a couple of them....and if he needs that then he shouldn't have the highest stress job on earth.
Gold: 3,100.00
May 23 2016 09:28am
Glad they're doing well. 0.o
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll