d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Java Help > Life Question
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,267.69
Jun 2 2016 01:48am
Quote (xandumx @ May 28 2016 03:35pm)
I started college aiming for a computer engineering degree. I did not know C++ or Java, I had only written a couple basic math programs on my graphing calculator. I had completed two years of calculus in high school. Two years into college, I decided the engineering math was not for me and that I really loved the coding classes, so I switched to computer science. I feel that if you have a good teacher for your beginning programming class, you do not need to know anything about coding before you start. Programming is not for everyone. You have to change the way your mind solves problems.

As for the salary aspect, computer scientists are in high demand with little supply. Every business can be improved by a computer scientist...

Thanks for the input and advice man I appreciate it. Looking to take a java class this summer so we'll see how it goes. I actually just went to the library today and got 4 different programming and coding books to scan through
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll