d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > The Life Of A Flipper Poe Style > Not Easy At First
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,934,717.00
May 17 2016 10:22am
So here is my story.....

Even though my join date is 2013, really did not start actively using d2j until 2015. I started out with a whopping 800 fg that I made from d3. See at first no one notices you, they see a small amount of fg and pay you no mind. You look for deals, and sell when you can to build your bank. Once your name starts popping up more often, people still do not mind and more people are willing to sell to you, your bank grows and so does trust with the people you deal with. So now I have been around for awhile, name is consistently on the front page, and bank has grown larger then 70k. This is when the haters stand up and take notice. Not really sure what they try to accomplish? they will call you out, link threads where you buy lower and sell higher. Are they trying to save the world? maybe. So you say strong, if you want to have words with someone, pm them. keep it out of your threads. The thing that people need to know is that they can trust you. this out last any hate the haters can bring. When people know they can hit that accept button and the fg will always be sent to them, they are willing to take a few less coins for their currency or items. because they know they getting paid and they do not have to wait. And believe me it is only a few coins per item, the trick is bulk. If someone else makes 10 fg per item, and only sells 100 of em in a week that is a 1k profit. I would rather make 5 fg profit and sell 1000 of the same item in the same week.

Finally comes acceptance, after a good while. And people will warm up to you again, even some of the haters :) I cannot stress enough that trust is such a major issue, especially on d2j where scamming happens on a regular basis. If someone overpays, i send them a refund. I have been given 1500 fusings to 6l items by people I have never dealt with before. But it is not hard to look into someone and see what other people think and how they trade. I have 6l an item for someone who gave me 1545 fusings. he told me to try the 45 fusings first and if not use the bench, i linked the item in 3 or 4 fusings (forget which one) but the rest 1541 or 1542 fusings were returned to the player.

I like to think I perform a service by flipping. Unfortunate I have more time to d2j then i do to actually play games, because i can d2j from work. People do not want to wait around for a buyer, that is where I come in. for a little bit of a discount, I buy their goods, I front up the fg and I wait for the buyer to come around. Time is money regardless how you look at it. I let people get back to doing what they want to do, play the game. And i make some coin by spending my time finding buyers.

Believe it or not I do play also, I have a level 100, I have multiple completed totems in challenge leagues. But it takes me almost the whole league where other players can accomplish it in 3 weeks.

Please feel free to leave any questions or comments. I am who I am, and I do not try to hide what I do. I force no one to sell to me, I do not lowball people in their threads, i make my own threads and if they want to sell or buy from me, they will most likely pm me :)
you can be a flipper and be good mannered at the same time.

May 17 2016 02:32pm
getting ready for the dip in the prices of exalts since league is nearing end. Prices should drop down to 80-85 which is a buy and slowly rise as new league starts.

Started buying exalts @85 ea last night, between league and standard was able to grab around 300 exalts for 85 ea.

Still waiting for pms to come open as people get back on line.

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 17 2016 02:32pm
May 18 2016 10:54am
Was able to grab 1000 exalts last night at my price. Might take awhile to off load these as league is coming to an end shortly and prices will drop.
Hopefully one of the rmters I deal with will get a large order and I can off load a nice amount of them fairly quickly. If not will most likely,have to wait until prices are on uptick again before I can sell them and make some coin. Thankfully still have some fg left, in case prices dip below 85 for awhile, I can out the 1300 exs I have aside and flip the ones that I buy sub 85 and work with that until the right time comes along.

On a side note bnp (bar and pub) is so tempting, when you see people winning 25k/50k/100k in 1 shot the degenerate gambler in me rears it's ugly head. I have been very disciplined so far and have only pooled here and there. I could easily lose all my fg there, as most people do. Hopefully I can keep out of there as I have done a very good job of it so far (pat myself on the back for that one)

Especially since draft kings and fan duel were banned in Newyork, used to get my fix for cheap and I won more then I lost. But that is gone now until it goes back to a vote in a couple of months.
Pretty shitty that 1 asshole da can tell me and everyone else that playing daily fantasy games for real money is bad for us. Seriously a big fuck you to him. Not to mention fan duel made its hq in nyc that employed a fairly decent amount of people. Where our neighbor new jersey just made it legal for poker stars and their residents to play online poker for real money legal. Ok I will try to keep on topic. Rant off on this one.
May 18 2016 10:59pm
well work was uneventful but i can trade at work. I remote into my pc over my ipad, can also do it over your smart phone. I am sure most people know how to do it by now. I use teamviewer. just DL it on your pc and they also have apps for various devices. So like any good flipper, private messages really are the bread and butter. People rather deal with flippers privately. Maybe it is because they do not want to have to hear anything about empowering people like me?Or maybe just a feeling of guilt by association? could be none, or both, who knows? A couple of people do not mind and do not care posting in my threads to buy stuff, which i did sell some exalts to get some fg back up (not as many as i hoped) but patience is key. when you lose patience, you lose fg it is as easy as that. Happens every time, and I have learned from it. Sometimes I wll not sell shit for days and early going I would drop the price, make literally next to nothing on the flip and 5 mins later someone comes along overpaying for the same thing I just sold almost at cost. Stay strong.

Got a really good deal at work when one of my friend's clan mate pmd me wanting to sell a mirror and exs in league and standard. Well he offered me a deal I couldnt turn down on league (literally a steal price wise on exs and mirror) but what in the hell am i going to doing with almost 400 more exalts when i am sitting on 1200? dont want them. But i need to help him out, he is coming to me knowing what I do and that it would be a quick sale. So what do you do? Well you use your connections that you make along the way. The better you get at flipping, the more private conversations you will have with people, the more you know what they are about and who is trustworthy, who is flipping, who is rmting. These are the people you want to trade with when it comes to big deals, why because they are not going to steal your shit. Why would they get banned with 100's of thousands fg over a 30/40/50k deal. Its not worth it. So I pm'd one of the rmters I know and i asked him if he would like the 400 exs at cost (and explained the situation), he gladly accepted, and I traded him 400 of my own exalts so I can buy the other 400. Now I got shit out of that deal right? Wrong, I got plenty. I Moved 50k fg worth of currency in about 1 hour, the rmter which I actually like (he is a good guy and has answered my questions in the past) got a good deal on a nice amount of exalts, one hand washes the other and my day will come when he will come to me to with a deal. And the seller was happy that he was 50k fg richer to buy what he wanted off the forums. The seller is a good player, and knows how to make currency in game. I made another contact for future pms is what I did. So when he has something to sell, he will not mind taking less for it even though he might be able to get more.

Wow that is some fucking wall of text. Sorry folks :) Once I start writing my brain is quicker then my fingers and apparently I have much to say. Havent dipped under 100k fg in awhile, so this should be interesting.

May 19 2016 09:44am
So I get up today, well I have been up but first chance had to look at d2j and 2 people I know have 4-500 exs ea, are selling for 89 ea, I had mine at 90. Have no choice, have to compete dropped my price from 90 to 89, yeah it is only 1fg per exalt but with 1200 of them for sale it is 1200 fg potential profit off the table. Again really have no choice. Greed is not the answer. I will make a little less then what I expected, but these exalts need to go, so I can work on the next batch. Every time I buy a mirror I tell myself the same thing, this is the last time. And what do I do, I buy a fucking mirror. These are a pain in the ass to move. I know I can break even on it if need be, but that sort of defeats the purpose, I will give it a bit before dropping the price a little.

In Poe do yourself a favor do not buy a mirror unless you are going for epeen status, or you are gonna stash it away for awhile and cash it out later. Mirrors are not flipping friendly.

On a side note Jesus I cannot wait to fucking find a house. Rent a really nice apartment, it is a 2 story house. But there are people that rent the 2nd floor. We have the first floor and a fully finished basement with another living room, full bath, another bedroom, we have yard and driveway is ours. But between the builder who bought the house right in back and knocking it down to build 2 houses on the same lot and the fat fucks upstairs that do not know the meaning of ummm walking (stomping is a better idea) I swear the world is working against me cause my son is trying to nap. He is 1 1/2 years old. Let me tell, snapping is becoming a real possibility.... Keeping my fingere crossed and if anyone reads this please cross them too. Looking at more houses this weekend. Looking at 2 family houses cause my father and my stepmother would be my tenant. You figure with a 600k budget it would not be that hard. Man I wish it wasn't. Median price for a home in Staten Island ny is 499k at the moment. As nyc is experiencing a housing boom, house prices are rising much faster then the 1st time. And it only seems to be nyc that is having this boom. I could easily go to New Jersey and find a house under budget, but I am on my 2nd marriage, and have another son with the ex. Can't leave him behind. What kind of father would I be?

Thanks for the vent there, sorry to go off topic. Will update Poe flip soon, hopefully a big buyer comes along :)

2nd edit: how does auto correct, correct fingers to diners? Really, lol

3rd edit: I started this blog with around 180k fg or so. Yesterday dipped down to 67k
Current fg 76,777fg, just to give you an idea how much I have invested atm.

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 19 2016 09:48am
May 20 2016 07:38am
Was able to sell all my exalts left in league yesterday and a couple of hundred in standard. Shit even my rmter pmd me which was nice, since it has been like 2 weeks since he skyped me for exalts. Yeah any rmters I deal with, get my skype it is just easier and much easier to get in touch with me. I did spend 1092fg literally seconds before I started writing this, because hey someone wants to sell me some exalts at a really good price (via pm of course) I gotta grab it. Still waiting for that someone that needs like 600 plus exalts, believe it or not it happens more then what you think. I have flipped up to 1000 exalts in one sale and if I had more would have gotten rid of those too.
Selling is always nice because you getting your profit, but more patience involved.vwhen you buying usually constant trades going on. Stay the course and make some bank. Not sure when I will cash out, but eventually I will. Legally of course, either through mtgo or exalts. Nothing against the rules about buying exalts or mtgo tix and cashing those out. You are just not allowed to sell fg. Seriously I get my fair share of pms for that, it's not worth it, cash out a different way.

Gold at time of this blog 111,075

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 20 2016 07:46am
May 20 2016 10:02am
So apparently people cannot post comments, feel free to pm me.

Here is what I am talking about, when I talk about people being able to trust you. Here is a pm/trade I just did via pm I received.

"So, in the past i've traded a couple of times with you. I'm fairly certain you're the most fairest dude out there so i wouldn't need a mediator for this trade."

He got his exalts, and he sent fg first, knowing that I wouldn't fuck him. And the thought never crossed my mind to do so. Trust is huge, as since he is comfortable trading with me, his fg went to me and not someone else. Peace of mind for someone is golden, so be legit when trading, even if you make a little less then someone else. The return business will always put you ahead of everyone else when it comes down to it. I made full profit on this flip (what I expect to make off of each ex when I am buying them)

People play and sell their pixels for fg, and when they buying something even though it is pixels, they earned those pixels. Be trustworthy and they will not mind spending them with you.
I have my own pixels, there is no need to steal anyone else's. I even have a mod as a friend who doesn't mind going first with me, nor do I have an issue hitting the accept button first with him either.
Anyone on my friends list, I would hit the accept button first with. This is why I do not have many friends on here. I don't invite just anyone. These people are trustworthy also. Need to surround yourself with good people, the more you go at it, the more you can weed out the really good ones from everyone else. Don't get me wrong I know there a lot of good people out there, that would not scam, but the people I invite Imo are the cream of the crop in my eyes when it comes to being trustworthy. Anyone of those people would send your shit back if there was a problem, or if you over payed they would give refund. Really legit people.

Gold right now 120,975

Should be around 204-205k when all exalts and mirror is sold, so still have a lot to sell

This post was edited by dog1706 on May 20 2016 10:03am
May 20 2016 11:34pm
so as you can see from last post not much has happened sold another 50 exalts to a player that i have recently had some dealings with. he posted in my thread which is always appreciated (it does draw other people in). I did miss a pm to buy some exalts in league before, but was at work and people are impatient by nature, 25 min is to long to answer someone. But even if i miss someone, i always pm back because hey you never know they still might have. And if they do not, they usually tell me sorry was in a rush or something like that which i totally understand. But I do make sure to tell them that I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to buy them first and that they can always pm me in the future. I might have missed this opportunity, but I usually get more chances when they have more to sell. A little appreciation goes along way. and it is easy to say to someone cause I really do appreciate the fact that alot of pms I get, sellers are giving me first shot to make potential profit and do come to me first.

On a side note, havent even got an offer on this godforsaken mirror yet. rarest piece of currency in the game and 15k fg is what they are going for. but it is a small market for mirrors which is why i hate buying them. Sooner or later it will sell or it will roll over to standard when league ends and if I can sell mirror in game for exalts and turn around and sell the exalts for the profit, i will do it. That is what i had to do last time i bought a mirror. big pain in the fucking ass. I could give a shit less about epeen status ingame. seriously are you going to show off your mirror? to who? exactly ;)

Weekends are a bit slower for me as I finally get to spend with wife as our schedules are totally opposite during the week. And I do not play and rarely d2j when she is awake. Real life first, take care of your woman. The game or d2j is not going anywhere. happy wife = happy life. besides even when i was single, pussy always came before games anyway. I started gaming to keep me out of trouble. Because well I was a bad kid and karma still comes back to haunt me for things I did.Anyway more updates to come

gold right now 125,425
May 21 2016 08:55am
Got home a bit late late later then normal last night/this morning. Nothing worse then construction on the bridge, wait not even on the bridge at the fucking toll, but they still blocked off 1 out of the 2 lanes on the bridge, Friday night, 1 lane bridge = cluster fuck. Wasn't expecting to sell anything from the short period I was on last night, so pleasant surprise when I got when I got a couple of pms. Have a tiny bit over 600 exs left and 1 godforsaken mirror left. I did however find 2 eternals in 1 of my standard tabs :) I will sell them eventually when someone needs them. I am not going to use them. Unless you get really fucking lucky, or you are going all in on crafting a gg item, there is no reason to use an eternal which don't drop anymore.i haven't 6 linked an item in almost 8000 fusings (could have used bench and linked for 1500) but it is the principal at this point so I still try. But yeah there is my rng in a nutshell, so fuck rng, I make my own luck ;)

Gold 134,236
May 21 2016 09:50pm
Well just one of those days. Bought 30 ex at a good price, and sold a whopping 10 exs . Do not really see much more then that today. One of the Rmters I trade with skyped me to see if I was around and I was. They were waiting for order to be verified, order did not go through. Those are the breaks. Some days will be feast and some will be famine and a whole bunch of middle of the pack days. Do not get discouraged by days like this. Sometimes you can have 2-3 days like this in a row. shit happens. stay strong. exalts do not go bad and every other currency in the game is measured against exalts. Besides you will always have comp. I have had people literally copy my title, my post and even wording on pricing and prices also. Remember not to get upset, that is actually the greatest form of flattery. The only thing that chaps my ass a bit is people that try to snipe your thread. could be buy or sell thread doesnt matter. wish i would have started my douche bag list a bit sooner. there would def be more names on it that I have forgotten by now. If you check my profile out you can see the latest people who have been caught in the act. Not only did the people buying/selling to me tell me that they were trying to be sniped, and by who. they also still completed transaction with me anyway. Most people do have some ethics when it comes to trading.

Will most likely end this day with less fg then previous post

Gold 132,576

Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic