d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Overview And Discussion On Updateable Topics > Only Useable Feedback Please!
Prev1121314
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,499.75
Jun 15 2016 06:58pm
Quote (richboy1991 @ Jun 15 2016 07:13pm)
heres a couple of ideas...every 25 levels the minimum tier drop increases by 1. maxes out at level 100.

level 25 tier 2+ drop...level 50 tier 3+...level 75 tier 4+...level 100 minimum that drops tier 5+.
This will help skillers, wellers and more exploring / group climbs. Works well in solo and elites will drop higher tiers...more solo friendly.

Another idea for muters. Muting angelic+ minimum essence gained is rare, then godly mystical+ and unique angelic+. So every + 4 the minimum increases by +1.

I have more ideas coming later.

I remember this being discussed before and nothing became of it. Low tier items at higher levels should not drop after a certain point. I think this should be implemented asap.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, something else along those lines are Map drops. Nothing like explore level 30+ maps and getting a Tier I map drop.....what a waste of time and effort.

Maps should drops as follows with 100% guaranteed to be at the minimum...similar to how some skilling profs are setup
Tier 1 Map -> Maze size created from level 1 to 4
Tier 2 Map -> Maze size created from level 5 to 9
Tier 3 Map -> Maze size created form level 10 to 14
Tier 4 Map -> Maze size created form level 15 to 19
Tier 5 Map -> Maze size created form level 20 to 14
Tier 6 Map -> Maze size created form level 25 to 29
Tier 7 Map -> Maze size created form level 30 to 34
Tier 8 Map -> Maze size created form level 35 to 39
Tier 9 Map -> Maze size created form level 40 to 44
Tier 10 Map -> Maze size created form level 45 to 49
Tier 11 Map -> Maze size created form level 50 to 54
Tier 12 Map -> Maze size created form level 55 to 59
Tier 13 Map -> Maze size created form level 60 to 64
Tier 14 Map -> Maze size created form level 65+++

I know there is a catacombs max maze size. BUT if you do not create a catacomb maze between those levels, you will not get a map higher or lower.
So, lets say if you wanted to find a tier 14 map, you must be level 65 or higher when creating a maze, if you make at level 63, you will only get a Tier 13, no matter what level you finish at.
I feel if people new that they were guaranteed to get a certain lvl map, then they would be more willing to explore.
Also, once you enter a Map, I feel that drops should be based off Monster level and not by Character differential from player level to monster level. So, if you Start a Tier 8 map (mob ilvl 25 to 50) and your say level 100. You should still be finding lots of Tier 5 to Tier 13 (lvl 25 to 50) item drops, even though your character level has a greater differential from mob level.

I am not saying that is 100% how it should work, but I feel like if that was the case, I feel lots of people would be more willing to explore.

Edit: Also knowing what maps you are going to get and what level mobs in the map..that would help skillers out A LOT...so they know when they should start to explore and find the exact level maps for what Tier levels of items they are skilling.
________________________________________________________________________________

Also, the drop system right now is not the greatest. When I climb, I see a trend of the same player getting drops more often then other players and that should not be the case.

Lets say, 5 people are in a game and no one has a picked up an item. Than it should be 100% random of who gets the first drop. Then once a player gets an item drop, the go back to the end of the line. Then the remain players who have not picked up an item, its 100% random between those players, then once the next player clicks an item then they go to the back of the line...so on and so fourth. So, if you keep picking up items, then you will keep being pushed to the back of the line in terms of who gets the next item. So that would be a little more rewarding to people who never pick up items and then a good item finally drops or an item they need drops they have a better chance of getting it and being rewarded for being patient. On the other hand, if your the player who skills a lot and needs a lot of items, you will be in the back of the line a lot. So if a good item drops, you probably will not get it..but that is the sacrifice that you would be willing to make. Do you want more items for skilling prof? or do you want a chance at a better drop?

Those are just some of my thoughts. If you need more explanation, Id be more than happy to explain.

Thanks for reading!

This post was edited by iToons on Jun 15 2016 07:07pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Jun 15 2016 11:26pm
that would help a lot :)

This post was edited by NeverDies on Jun 15 2016 11:26pm
Gold: 8,892.68
Jun 16 2016 01:47am
Quote (iToons @ Jun 16 2016 01:58pm)
I remember this being discussed before and nothing became of it. Low tier items at higher levels should not drop after a certain point. I think this should be implemented asap.

What really makes me laugh the most... I bought this suggestion up ages ago... and guess what, the replies from people basically [not directed at you] said... WTF are you talking about, what about the SKILLERS wanting TierI, IIs, IIIs and so on, all you are doing is reducing their chances of upgrading their skills... HELL NO!

Now... since these people have been skilling higher ranks, this suggestion has merit to be bought up again??? Honestly I love it when it is full circle... :P (glug, glug and glugging more bourbons)

Caught up from like page 11 or 12... economy sucks... correct... low playerbase can not help increase economy... correct... something needs to be done to ideally increase these two very important issues.

Right, selling Whites... nice idea, but, let us think on this a bit more... for myself, this is like a GRAIN of sand on a BEACH, it won't do jack-shit to increasing BOTH areas... it is just a BAND-AID.

Ask yourself [people still playing this game], "Why do I play this game?" ... now... ignore the common factor... "Because I enjoy playing with friends, while doing something to take up my spare time."

What are you left with? [Yes, there are some that are utilising this time to increase their profs with skilling until the game becomes more popular, or are just as stubborn as myself and roll shit uphill"

Now you are left with basically two(2) things:

1. Working on the current areas that are available... Catacombs / Maps / Objectives / Skills [fishing/muting/cooking etc] / drop quality / events and so forth.
2. Creating a new area that can encompass Item improvement / Prof improvement [Melee/Casting (healing/attack)] / Sellable items... BUT... with increased difficulty with those that have gear, and those that don't.

Let us take a look at Arena for example:

How about competitions:
1. There are item rewards for level brackets. Level 1 - level 5 then level 6 - level 10 etc.
2. The rewards are hardset, based on starting at level 1 with base starting gear for that character.

Hard to explain this... so bear with me.

Basically... when you want to duel another, you have to start @ level 1 with base starting gear! (You can NOT use gear collected outside of the Arena)... NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL YOUR CHARACTER IS.
Now, as you win or lose duels, you are rewarded with items... now these can be used outside of Arena... i.e. like exploring a cata and so forth. You can also use these in other duels [note: hmmm, give thoughts]
Okay... how do we go about duelling and profs? WELL, that is really simple... prof points are ignored in combat when duelling, this also gives a newcomer a chance. Now you are going to say... Hang ON, the
newcomer doesnt have any gear from duelling!!! Well... you are correct, so, if you are duelling a person for the first time, then both of you will only have access to basic starting gear... NOW you are going
to say that is unfair ... my answer is this, how is it unfair, are you a person that wants to ruin the chance of increasing playerbase and/or the economy to the game you so dearly love and want to improve on???

Anyway... the Arena is a great starting area to improving economy and the playerbase if the item rewards are greater than those found in catacombs AND MAPS, think about it, you are playing Real life people, not
a bunch of pussy coded computer graphics.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 16 2016 01:52am
Gold: 10,176.60
Jun 17 2016 09:33pm
didn't want to make a new thread so i'll post here
did the eps get nerfed recently or something, swear all i'm getting the last 5-7 ep groups have been tier 1-5 junk\
soloing btw but i'd find me some mutables from eps before my last time playing and looking for eps

well got a lvl 35 item at least after the 8th ep mob encounter

This post was edited by low-ki on Jun 17 2016 09:46pm
Gold: 2,000.40
Jun 17 2016 10:40pm
Quote (low-ki @ 17 Jun 2016 23:33)
didn't want to make a new thread so i'll post here
did the eps get nerfed recently or something, swear all i'm getting the last 5-7 ep groups have been tier 1-5 junk\
soloing btw but i'd find me some mutables from eps before my last time playing and looking for eps

well got a lvl 35 item at least after the 8th ep mob encounter

Thats always been the typical drops of Eps in solo and even in groups. The ones YOU are finding, well those Eps are brand new to the game and as of yet have been unable to earn fg or find drops since they generally cant kill most of us.
Gold: 8,892.68
Jun 18 2016 01:18am
Quote (HylianHero @ Jun 18 2016 05:40pm)
Thats always been the typical drops of Eps in solo and even in groups. The ones YOU are finding, well those Eps are brand new to the game and as of yet have been unable to earn fg or find drops since they generally cant kill most of us.

Addition: with gear found prior to this update.
Gold: 248,598.85
Jun 19 2016 10:49am
Idea
A Day of Fathers: Male characters receive 10% higher quality loot... 5% reduced quantity from chaotic kids.
A Day of Mothers: Female characters receive 10% higher quality loot... 5% reduced quantity from chaotic kids.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1121314
Add Reply New Topic New Poll